GT Academy Prize Car Seasonal

Got my time down to a 7:32.357, still bone stock. I've made it into the top 256 for the time being. Taking a break now. Considering using part of Dante's tune to see if I can improve any more and maybe jump into the top 150-200. :dopey:

Edit: Was up 1.5 seconds on my best going into the left turn before the right hander before the long straight before overcorrecting and sliding off. Then the best I could do was 1 second up before sliding wide on the stinkin' right hander before the straight again. Going to give it a break. Come back later tonight before the deadline to try one last try.

Last edited:
It's really frustrating when I'm doing a good time and after 4/5 minutes I get a red time :mad: but I'm finally under 7:30.

🤬 🤬, 🤬 🤬 mission accomplished. Reckon the nap did the trick.

Laid down a 7:49.481 PB and loaded that ghost to chase. Took about 3 more green laps, with a few fail laps in between, to get the gold. Strangely, was down about .4 when I hit the second to last sector time and didn't think I was going to make it. The finish line time showed a 7:47.993.

Thanks to all for the tunes and encouragement. Now I just gotta get that race done. I surely hope it's not as aggravating as this time trial has been. If nothing else, I can fully mod the car and get it over 200MPH down the straight. I have had more than enough challenge outta this track, thank you very much.

🤬 🤬, 🤬 🤬 mission accomplished. Reckon the nap did the trick.

Laid down a 7:49.481 PB and loaded that ghost to chase. Took about 3 more green laps, with a few fail laps in between, to get the gold. Strangely, was down about .4 when I hit the second to last sector time and didn't think I was going to make it. The finish line time showed a 7:47.993.

Thanks to all for the tunes and encouragement. Now I just gotta get that race done. I surely hope it's not as aggravating as this time trial has been. If nothing else, I can fully mod the car and get it over 200MPH down the straight. I have had more than enough challenge outta this track, thank you very much.

Congrats Dragon, I knew you could do it.

Thanks man. :cheers:

This just might qualify for some celebratory spirits.

Good grief. 662.7 miles just doing the TT.

Last edited:
Dragonwhisky

Thats some dedication right there. Nice job. 👍

I'll help you celebrate. In fact I'm way ahead of ya. Enjoy.

Finally put down a clean lap with Dante's setup (minus the engine upgrades and tranny setup). I'll settle with a 7:30.401. I was really hoping to get under the 7:30 mark, but I'm pretty well worn out. :drool: I am very happy to have finally finished somewhere on the leaderboard for the first time, barring 135 people passing me up in the remaining hours. But the car felt much more stable coming out of the corners, and overall I really liked it. Great setup, man! 👍

Dolph Drago
Finally put down a clean lap with Dante's setup (minus the engine upgrades and tranny setup). I'll settle with a 7:30.401. I was really hoping to get under the 7:30 mark, but I'm pretty well worn out. :drool: I am very happy to have finally finished somewhere on the leaderboard for the first time, barring 135 people passing me up in the remaining hours. But the car felt much more stable coming out of the corners, and overall I really liked it. Great setup, man! 👍

Your welcome dolph,pretty good lap time too

Hi all
Announce Z tunedcar set for DS3 and ASM strong and
AT:)
update9/6 12:41
Down force 8/16
Ballast 135/+50 1300kg
Limit to 513PP engine tune stage3 only
change engine oil 395hp
Gear 1st 3.444
2nd 2.553
3rd 1.986
4th 1.637
5th 1.382
6th 1.187
final gear 2.682
max speed(auto) 180km/h
max speed 297km/h
LSD 21/29/23
Ride height 10/9
Spring rates 12.5/13.0
Dampers (extension) 5/5
Dampers (compression) 5/5
ARB 3/4
Camber 3.0/1.4
Toe 0.15/-0.15
Brake balance 9/5

Good luck DS3 users:tup:

Hi all
Announce Z tunedcar set for DS3 and ASM strong and
AT:)
update9/6 12:41
Down force 8/16
Ballast 135/+50 1300kg
Limit to 513PP engine tune stage3 only
change engine oil 395hp
Gear 1st 3.444
2nd 2.553
3rd 1.986
4th 1.637
5th 1.382
6th 1.187
final gear 2.682
max speed(auto) 180km/h
max speed 297km/h
LSD 21/29/23
Ride height 10/9
Spring rates 12.5/13.0
Dampers (extension) 5/5
Dampers (compression) 5/5
ARB 3/4
Camber 3.0/1.4
Toe 0.15/-0.15
Brake balance 9/5

Good luck DS3 users:tup:

Thank you for the setup! Your older setup got me a 7:30.4 even though I am not good at the Nurburgring. I can't wait to try this one out :)

The finish line time showed a 7:47.993.

Excellent work, and congratulations :) I'm sure your efforts in the TT will put you in good stead for the race.

Edit:

Time Trial is a peace of cake. I need setup for race :-) - for the 1st challenge!
I used lldantell's and I was only 2nd :-(

Oh, right. Sorry, I was mixing things up. It's odd though how some people find the race more of a challenge and others the TT. For me, they were pretty close with the TT being a little more difficult. I think the main reason for that was the lack of a visual gauge which the cars provided in the race.

Anyhow, If you've tried the race with SRF on and are getting second, it's just a matter of time. If you haven't put SRF on, and you just want to knock the gold off, give it a try. With lldantell's tune, that was the extent of my preparation, so I can't really offer much more.

Last edited:
If all of you having a hard time with my tune,I was using a dfgt wheel

FINALLY! I finally golded this one. Actually, I finally got a clean lap in, and it just happened to be .014 seconds under gold time. :)

Thanks again for the tune. I played with it a bit, softened the rear spring rates a bit and stiffened up the front a skoche to help with turn-in a little, and that nailed it for me.

Ran 2 more clean laps last night. 7:41.4xx and then a 7:40.808. Still default suspension and transmission w/adjusted lsd, ABS1 only aid. My goal of under 40 w/ a stock car didn't get met, oh well.

Wish I could have spent more time on this one-total of about 2-3 hours. Kept getting faster by 1-2 seconds on the first half then losing what I gained on the second. I would drive too conservatively trying not to go off track. Several places I'd lose momentum.

I'm always amazed by the lap times on the Nord. Incredible that guys ran in the 20's. My skill level keeps me at a certain pace so I try to keep that in mind and be happy with any improvements.

Haven't been contributing to this forum but have been reading diligently getting all the insight I can get. Thanks Dante for your tune. Definately made this event more achievable for me.

First I golded the race, then the TT. I was worried that the unremovable upgrades would hinder me from beating the TT but I made it work. Removed all HP upgrades and left settings as recommended on your tune. Added ballast, moved for 50 50 balance and limited power to get 513pp. Finally after several restarts and dirty laps I managed a 7:46: and some change. Confident now I can probably make it to the :30's but maybe some other time. Done for now!

Thanks Dante.

The Ring (as any track) takes many laps to "master".

I found the 4-hour enduro to be the perfect way to learn the track. After my 4th N4 race I found I could close my eyes and run the whole track in my mind.

The Ring (as any track) takes many laps to "master".

I found the 4-hour enduro to be the perfect way to learn the track. After my 4th N4 race I found I could close my eyes and run the whole track in my mind.

Same here. I just recently finished the 24hr. race at the Ring so I come to know the track pretty well that way. Cool experience that 24hr race was. Going to do it again sometime. I would recommend to try doing it to where the time of day/night on the track matches that to real life time. Just adds that much more to the experience.

Down to 7:30.08. I'm faster than EBK on sector 1 but then everything starts to go down hill after that. I think a 7:27 is possible for me :)

FINALLY! I finally golded this one. Actually, I finally got a clean lap in, and it just happened to be .014 seconds under gold time. :)

Thanks again for the tune. I played with it a bit, softened the rear spring rates a bit and stiffened up the front a skoche to help with turn-in a little, and that nailed it for me.

good job kwicko.i didnt want to do anything with my tune when i was driving it because for me,it understeers if i go into a corner a bit too fast

DOH! Using lldantell's tune on the TT, after about 10 attempts, I finally got all the way around without incident and plenty of time to spare to get the gold, when I clip the wall on the last corner. ARRRRRRR!!!! To rub salt in the wound, it invalidated the next lap! At that point I hung it up for the night. One more night to try to get this for me!

lldantell, I love the tune!! Prior to your tune, I was struggling to get Bronze.

The race is another story. These other cars keep getting in my way :) Best I've gotten so far is 4th, but this was prior to lldantell's tune. I keep aborting the race if I have an off or crash.

DOH! Using lldantell's tune on the TT, after about 10 attempts, I finally got all the way around without incident and plenty of time to spare to get the gold, when I clip the wall on the last corner. ARRRRRRR!!!! To rub salt in the wound, it invalidated the next lap! At that point I hung it up for the night. One more night to try to get this for me!

lldantell, I love the tune!! Prior to your tune, I was struggling to get Bronze.

The race is another story. These other cars keep getting in my way :) Best I've gotten so far is 4th, but this was prior to lldantell's tune. I keep aborting the race if I have an off or crash.

i love how the car now too.its such a easy car to drive fast now,unlike the standard setup which make it tricky to drive

Once again IIDantel's tune did the job :). School restarted for me this week so I diden't have much time to play GT5. I realised that this was the final day so I dicided to give the race one more go ( I golded the TT easly with the stock setup but could'nt win the bloody race ) I came here to look for a good setup and noticed that many people liked IIDantel's tune. I have to say, the car was great! The standard setup was so tricky I used tractioncontrol, with this setup however I did not need tr. control :) Gold on 1st attempt
Dante, thank you for sharing your tune! :cheers:

To those that are still strugling...as said many times before: stop for 1-3 minutes after every try and make sure you the Ring well. It will work, you just need to believe in it!

Good luck to all!

Jonas.

( mobi post )

hi
does anyone have a 370z with a tune ready on share?
id love to give this one a hop but dont want to put mods on my car

cheers

Jonasrulez
Once again IIDantel's tune did the job :). School restarted for me this week so I diden't have much time to play GT5. I realised that this was the final day so I dicided to give the race one more go ( I golded the TT easly with the stock setup but could'nt win the bloody race ) I came here to look for a good setup and noticed that many people liked IIDantel's tune. I have to say, the car was great! The standard setup was so tricky I used tractioncontrol, with this setup however I did not need tr. control :) Gold on 1st attempt
Dante, thank you for sharing your tune! :cheers:

To those that are still strugling...as said many times before: stop for 1-3 minutes after every try and make sure you the Ring well. It will work, you just need to believe in it!

Good luck to all!

Jonas.

( mobi post )

Welcome And that's why I want to tune it because the stock car understeers a lot and oversteers too

good job kwicko.i didnt want to do anything with my tune when i was driving it because for me,it understeers if i go into a corner a bit too fast

Yup - I was trying to tune the front end to "bite" a bit more on turn-in, to try to quell the understeer.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Man, that sucks. And I feel ya. I was so sure I had it on one run, but I kept my foot in it well after the long straight at the end, and then it all just came apart and I smacked about 37 walls. :)

Back