gt academy stage 2, what will it be?

• Thread starter jakkim
  • 374 comments
Congrats to winners all over.. Norwegian finals should be over soon(If it's not already)....
Hope we get some results from that soon to!

Finnish Finals.

Sorry...I need to whine first. I'm so depressed. Go to chapter 3, if you've had enough about bad beat stories. But like all professional persons says, it helps when you have hard times.

I hate G25 now. Never tried it before. First I thought there was no force feedback on... then someone told me that it's because it's not supported. 'Turning ratios' was very unfamiliar too. It really needs much turning around on Eiger hairpins.

Dont want to be bad loser, but it really felt bitter cause I know most of other guys had experience of that wheel. Everyone had 4 laps testing time with 350Z in Eiger, but non with GT-R. What really upsets me, is that I was in the end 9th, and only 0.2 separated me to getting with best 8 drivers. I think on Suzuka, that strange wheel had not so big part. I'm so angry to myself, that I didn't practice Eiger with GT-R more. I was totally lost with braking points.

About Finals themselves... I think everything was quite fine, without too low volume, and denial using earphones. (wheel too, but thats me only) Organisers were nice persons, and athmosphere very good...food also. I'm use to eating ****, so my opinion has not much value in that case, but girls was pretty and beer cold, so thats fine to me.

I have no clue about that persons PSN ID, who won, but I think he was right guy. Quite young, and athletic looklike, so he may have real potential in Silverstone. Timppa was in the end 4th. Semifinals and finals was driven just with same rules than all the other qualifyings,(fastests continues) so we had no splitscreen battles at all.

Ask if you got something in your mind. I'm going to start drinking beer now, so if you want clear answers, do them quickly.

he AutoAki...sorry to hear that,but you know i sadly share your feelings....after a few nice cold beers i felt a lot better,hope you will to....:)

spyrrari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandi
A bit of a , yeah... I just hope there won't be any more surprises in line waiting for us.

Here is the winner in Finnish finals.
Good driving 👍

Oh it was Grandi! Gongratulations yes!... and for everyone else too ofcourse.

Thanks for your sympathy Spyrrari! You're right...beers working. Need to go buy some more. They are almost finished.

Now I'm very confused about that G25:s force feedback. Some of my GT friends, who have that wheel, says that there is very strong feedback in their wheels, and they really do not need to turn that wheel more than like 90°, even in Eigers hairpins..?

I was only driving one of those wheels. Should try another one too. Someone of competitors was telling to me, when I was complaining about 'dead wheel', that there is not feedback supported in GT5P+G25 yet.

I'm so lost now...

There certainly is Force feedback in the G25 you can adjust it from 0 to 10 in strength 10 will almost brake your arms!

Edit: Maybe the one you used was broken or turned off!

Last edited:
There certainly is Force feedback in the G25 you can adjust it from 0 to 10 in strength 10 will almost brake your arms!

Very nice :( That wheel which was most right there in our finals, was totally like setup 900° and no electricity. I immediately when I started my few minutes training, stopped driving, and complaining about there is no any feedback. Then some of other competitors told me that it's just what they are, because it's not supported yet.

Type-R... did you try that wheel most right of them?

Yes, G25 has plenty of feedback. I've always had mine on 10 and now can't use it any other way. If the Finnish final was anything like the UK one where they had the feedback setting turned waaaaay down it will feel like a completely different game.

Sorry to hear you and Timo didn't make it - you're in good company on here though - chin up!

Hello everybody.

Just wanted to show you how close the Danish final were (GT-
R, Suzuka, N3, Time trial mode):

Its abit hard to see on the resized image but its 2:21.902 and 2:21.877

It was a pretty good event with no mistakes from the hosts regarding setup etc. There was a bar upstairs and a pro driver (with car) visited us too.

Last edited:
Well i have one and i know it works! You also see them in use on some of the videos posted on the different topics here! You can clearly hear the "Force" in them!

Sorry to hear you had such a bad setup in the finals!:grumpy:

I have mine on 4-5 for normal cars and 7-8 on race cars!

Yes, G25 has plenty of feedback. I've always had mine on 10 and now can't use it any other way. If the Finnish final was anything like the UK one where they had the feedback setting turned waaaaay down it will feel like a completely different game.

Sorry to hear you and Timo didn't make it - you're in good company on here though - chin up!

One of those three wheels in our finals, broked in middle of action. Then we were driving with only two wheels. I cant believe that everybody else of those who were using that same wheel, use FF 0 at home, and it felt familiar to them? Turning degrees was another unfamiliar thing to me, G25 needed so much more to turn.

EDIT:

Well i have one and i know it works! You also see them in use on some of the videos posted on the different topics here! You can clearly hear the "Force" in them!

Sorry to hear you had such a bad setup in the finals!:grumpy:

I have mine on 4-5 for normal cars and 7-8 on race cars!

Yeah...I really do know that voice, if it's same like DFP keeps when doing fast moves. That wheel was very quiet, and I dont remember any of them was keeping so loud noise as my old DFP.

I hate that noise cause I cant play when my babyboy is sleeping... like now.

Last edited by a moderator:
No,I didnt try any of those wheels.Wasnt taking part of the competition,just 'lokkeilin' :)
Look your pm's

Last edited:
The Norwegian winner was as expected: Gt-Speedy👍👍
And i think only 1 person goes on to UK from here!

THE NORWEGIAN FINALS

gtspeedy won a close final with one tenth of a second. i dont remember the names of the drivers now, but should receive an e-mail with results and will post them if they arent up already.
good driving from alot of people.

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who is through.

it is correct that only gtspeedy is going to silverstone.

setup was 4 ps3 systems with the new racing chairs from playseats and G-25 wheels. use of clutch was optional. 4 flat-screen tvs, didn't see the size of these.

we had no warm up at all. first we start off with 4 people at a time, tt at eiger with fairlady z 07 on s2 tyres. no aids allowed on professional. then we see the times when everyone is finished.
next is tt on suzuka whith the same car and tyres. new round of results. 8 people are cut. from the best lap-times from both courses put together.

then its a clean slate. no old results count.

tt on eiger with gtr on s2 tyres. it should have been on n3, but one of the 4 playstations you could not change tyres on. i have suspision it is a glitch when it is updated, but a few of us think this is still on old physics.
then they cut 2 more people, after driving with 3 of the systems the rest of the time.

then its gtr on suzuka with n3 tyres, tt. 2 more are cut.

then the final where gtspeedy was victorious after 2 laps not going so well for nr. 2, but then they both have good laptimes on the last lap. 2.22.5 and 2.22.6. close finnish.

i ended up at nr 4. after having messed up on suzuka with not one proper lap. after breaking early in the first corner of the first lap i tried to compensate and slid out in the first corner. didnt find a good rythm after that. put down a 2.25.something lap(didnt pay to close attention after that) with a penalty for going marginally wide in the left hander after the last long straight. i have only myself to blame of course, but its annoying to have come this far and drive so terrible not even putting in a clean slow lap...
(just venting a bit..)

they had 3 nissan zs there. 1 roadster, one coupe, both original and one tuned car with nitrous and a lot of changes on both interior and exterior.

i think everyone except the winner got a hat, a t-shirt and the wireless buzz game for ps3.
nothing social after the final.

how was this in other nordic countries?
just curious..

but hey, made some new friends, and when i get the mail with everyones psn id i will probably make some more. hopefully some good online racing in store for us!

Last edited:
Finaly home after 3,5 hours drive from the norwegian GT academy final. Only one norwegian going for Silverstone. GTSpeedy - nice guy with a big racing heart.

Have to say i feel with you Autoaki and I've just been inn the fridge myself - as we say in norway - skål.

Norwegian final was Ok - with a lot of realy nice guys with good driving skills. Think there will bee more norwegians joining the GTP family soon - ready for som good, clean racing.

I'm not verry happy with my result in the norwegian final making the11th. It was verry strange. My start on the Eiger track was ok with a 2nd. Then second stage on the Susuka - and my brakingpoints and corner speed just didnt work out - making lap times 4 to 5 second slower than my TT times on the same tires online. I just made the 12 for the third stage and the same thing happend with the GT-R on Eiger. I'm mostly doing low 1.09.xxx and high 1.08.xxx on this track and now suddenly making 1.12 in the finals. Braking points and cornerspeed just totaly different than expected. At this point i'm realy starting to wonder as I've been using the same PS3 on these last to tracks thinking howcome I'm doing this bad. But annyhow I didnt make the top 8 drivers and it was just to wish them best of luck. The first 4 is about to start then suddenly they close down the PS3 i've been using. They couldnt change tires from S2 to N3. You probably know what i'm thinking at this point - all but one of the PS3 in use was updated. Asking other driver who used the maskin earlier tells the same story- Stelthwinnr makin laps seconds slower than usual. So Autoaki - have a glas for me and I'll do the same for you.

Epilog:
I didnt complain - thinking my fun part of racing is meeting nice GTP drivers in the evening while my kids sleeping thight in the next room.

My G25 works like h... by the way. Best weel around and shure better than the new **** they're trying to sell with the GT5p

All the best too all of you GTP drivers out there - and a big congrat to all drivers going for Silverstone. Respect.

Marchbrown

Last edited:
Does anyone know if anyone recorded the times from the UK event?

Finally got round to posting this. There's still some info missing - 4 times from round 2 which I can't make out on the photo and some usernames I don't know. If anyone can fill in the blanks let me know and I'll update.

Round 1

1 alexpez1977 3:43.218
2 PrudentBear 3:43.517
3 Nemmeh 3:43.807
4 GTGENIUS1982 3:43.839
5 Andy_616 3:44.030
6 Oldbeanee 3:44.064
7 Pundershaw 3:44.269
8 ? 3:44.384
9 DROFNUD 3:44.831
10 dawmon 3:45.177
11 Mr__Arrogance 3:45.589
12 GMDLONDON 3:45.756
13 davissi 3:46.013
14 ? 3:46.098
15 AlternateID 3:46.501
16 VANNO 3:47.227
17 GTP_Sphinx 3:47.758
18 theewar 3:47.797
19 GTP_rinkydink 3:51.536
20 ? 3:52.155

Round 2

1 Andy_616 1:10.552
2 GTGENIUS1982 1:10.771
3 Oldbeanee 1:10.886
4 Nemmeh 1:10.907
5 alexpez1977 1:10.976
6 PrudentBear 1:11.063
7 Pundershaw 1:11.870
8 Mr__Arrogance 1:12.259
9 GMDLONDON ?
10 DROFNUD ?
11 dawmon ?
12 ? ?

Round 3

1 Nemmeh 2:15.543
2 Andy_616 2:15.999
3 GTGENIUS1982 2:16.311
4 Oldbeanee 2:16.347
5 PrudentBear 2:16.572
6 alexpez1977 2:16.804
7 Pundershaw 2:17.249
8 Mr__Arrogance 2:18.044

Rounds 4/5/6 (head to head)

1 GTGENIUS1982
2 Nemmeh
3 Oldbeanee
4 Andy_616

Last edited:
That sucks, that's the one I drove on when I posted a 2:30 with the 350Z on Suzuka, I usually do 2.24 laps, that 2:30 was the reason I didn't make it to the next round.

Yeah. Im still not quite happy with this. I used it to times. On the Suzuka with the 350 making a 2.28 lap as best - with a usuall average home low 2.23 Next round on the Eiger i made a 1.12 low with a usuall average 1.08 high at home. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: But hey - thats life - sometimes uppers and other times downers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthwinner
the one closest to the tuned nissan.
That sucks, that's the one I drove on when I posted a 2:30 with the 350Z on Suzuka, I usually do 2.24 laps, that 2:30 was the reason I didn't make it to the next round.

Yeah. Im still not quite happy with this. I used it to times. On the Suzuka with the 350 making a 2.28 lap as best - with a usuall average home low 2.23 Next round on the Eiger i made a 1.12 low with a usuall average 1.08 high at home. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: But hey - thats life - sometimes uppers and other times downers.

Oh man... that really sucks! I'm speechless. Wanted to say something, but have no words. Those organisers should shame. :grumpy:

Finnish finals...

First of all, I think most of us were surprised positively about the level of arrangements at the scene of the event, after the hassle that preceded it. A calm place with lots of food and beverages 👍

As for the driving itself, things were very tight from the start. If I'm not mistaken, the gap between 1st and 12th was something like 1,5s after the [Eiger + Suzuka / Z / S2] -combination (I don't have the results excel-file myself, anyone...?).

From the start, you could see there were some real aces present (Timo's skill was apparent from the very first lap he drove). Also there were those who improved drastically within the time period of the event, most notably Iivari and Ville (2nd & 3rd). A special mention to Antti, who finished 8th with very limited experience in GT5P. In the end, it probably could've gone any way between the top 5-6 drivers (the final itself was 2.20.5 vs 2.20.6).

Made a bunch of new friends, and we had a blast afterwards as well! Cheers! :cheers:

-K

Finnish finals...

First of all, I think most of us were surprised positively about the level of arrangements at the scene of the event, after the hassle that preceded it. A calm place with lots of food and beverages 👍

As for the driving itself, things were very tight from the start. If I'm not mistaken, the gap between 1st and 12th was something like 1,5s after the [Eiger + Suzuka / Z / S2] -combination (I don't have the results excel-file myself, anyone...?).

From the start, you could see there were some real aces present (Timo's skill was apparent from the very first lap he drove). Also there were those who improved drastically within the time period of the event, most notably Iivari and Ville (2nd & 3rd). A special mention to Antti, who finished 8th with very limited experience in GT5P. In the end, it probably could've gone any way between the top 5-6 drivers (the final itself was 2.20.5 vs 2.20.6).

Made a bunch of new friends, and we had a blast afterwards as well! Cheers! :cheers:

-K

Hi K!

First of all, I have to say that I'm very glad that Finland got the winner it deserved.. 👍 Your driving really impressed me. You were very good the whole time, but the way you won the final got you mine utmost respect. To go to the hotseat as the last man and messing the first lap and losing the second lap by 0.1 and then bettering your time by 0.2 sec with the very last lap was very very impressive demostration of your mental skills (and driving too). And I'm sure it'll come handy when competiting @ Silvertone. 👍

The whole day was a blast, and especially the evening! ;) :cheers: ..hope to meet you all soon again, and hopefully some of the plans for the future meetings in here will come true. And Markus if you read this, I'm still really interested about those pedals you've developed! I hope to talk to you too soon!

From my part I can say that I was beaten by better racers. But I still enjoyed the whole academy enormously, but in a comforting way happy to get a little rest now.. Karri, you can count that the future battles online will be furious!! ;)

-Timo

:cheers:

p.s. Ei ihme että tuli otettua!

I also think that the Finnish finals were very nice and competition was tough (but fair). I made good times in Eiger but for some reason I just couldn't get good lap in Suzuka. After all my final position was sixth, which was a big disappointment. Anyway the winner really deserved his place because he drove very good lap times in every round and like Timo said the final round was amazing!

I took a picture of the times when they were showing on screen. Unfortunately driver's names weren't showing when I took the picture and also the quality was so bad that it was hard to read the times (cell phone picture), so I made a new excel sheet of the times. I also put PSN ids there but unfortunately I only know few of them. I hope the information on the table is correct.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back