GT Academy survey (official)

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 7 comments
Stumbled upon this on facebook. If anyone is interested in taking it, feel free...

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/X2FVZHX

Thank you, I´ll make sure this arrives to people that got to the race camp. I would like to share my answears to the questions in the survey, maybe we can start a debate, what do you think?

Where did you first hear about GT Academy?
At the spanish Gran Turismo community MundoGT.es

Have you ever entered GT Academy?
Yes

What are the best things about GT Academy?
A programme that can take gamers with talent to the real life. Very well organised and passionate.
Face-to-face qualifiers done before 2013 were awesome. Both online and face-to-face qualifier to the race camp are good ideas.

What don’t you like about GT Academy?
Although it´s a nice programme, it´s also based on marketing and talks about the game as a very realistic Sim, and I personally think that´s not true.

If you could change GT Academy, what would you like to see?
Instead of a hotlap, in the online qualifier drivers should do a 30 minute race or so with tyre wear. In that way we get closer to know the driver´s talent. A fast lap can be given by almost anyone.

Real question is how many past Race Camp finalists would love another shot at the competition ;)

Thanks for the link @R1600Turbo. Seems to me that they're trying to broaden the appeal of the competition to encompass more of the gaming community as opposed to just the niche motorsport segment of it.

Undercutting e-sports+cars perhaps?

Real question is how many past Race Camp finalists would love another shot at the competition ;)

Thanks for the link @R1600Turbo. Seems to me that they're trying to broaden the appeal of the competition to encompass more of the gaming community as opposed to just the niche motorsport segment of it.

Undercutting e-sports+cars perhaps?

I hope they get at least one more try.

And yes, I do think they´re aware of what e-S+C are doing. They´ve also should have noticed the work pCARS did on his focus for esports (Nvidia and Logitech Challenger Series). If they really want to focus their next game on competitive gaming they should know what SMS has done well.

@R1600Turbo I´ve checked GTA´s facebook and haven´t seen any publication with the survey...

Latest Posts

Back