GT Academy

• Thread starter Jack
  • 824 comments
Did it let you put in your PSN ID?

If not I think you have the same problem as us. I registered witht the site but not for the challenge.

Yeh sorry, I thought people where having problems registering to the site that was posted in the link, not the GTAcademy

You register for GTacademy via PSN store, it is open for registration tommorow.

You are not required to have a drivers lisence to aquire a racing lisence, that said I certainly wouldn;t like to be piolting the Nissan GTR with no prior driving experience. :scared:

ive got the basic driving skills from school, I Studied Motor Viechle Enginering as also got a certificate from the BSM also picked up a NVQ anyhow worth a shot. I'll wait until tommorow to sign up

i dont think anything has been stated.

ill prob check after the football has finished but not staying up to wait to register

dont think there is a set amount of spaces so everyone will get ago.

Its not up for download yet, though as has been stated I doubt there is a rush.

MAN!
we here get nothing when will sony australia come toghter and decide we need some fun things too, this really annoys me because GT series has been my faveourite game series since i was like 8 in 2000 and since then i havent stopped playing the games and I get nothing :( not even a chance at a cool comp Im really suprised to see that we dont get Games as poorly as we get Competitions and other things who knows Australia might start releasing games at the same dates 3rd world countries do. This is dissapointing we really do get nothing in terms of things like this :( an example of how behind we are is Nintendo Europe has had this Points system for rewards for ages now years...and we are just about to start what the hell? i know its not a nintendo forum but im just using an example of how back we are and to me having a chance to run in an event like this would be a dream come true...
well good luck guys have fun!:D I wish i could join you all... :(

This is unofficial at the moment, but it has been mentioned on other GT sites that GT Academy might be delayed until the 3rd June. As soon as I can find confirmation of this, I'll post again.

EDIT:

Confirmed

Drivers of the world, start your engines - the GT Academy has arrived. The ultimate competitive driving test will begin on June 3rd when GT Academy goes live in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue™.

http://www.granturismoworld.com/en/gt_academy/gt_inside_track/index.htm

Could it be possible that there is a new download tomorrow with a special Nissan 350Z for the online competition? Maybe in the same livery as shown on the site?

i heard some of the top times have missed part of the track out to get faster times

You can watch the replays of the top times, and all of the ones I've seen (from the Eiger TT events) have been very clean. I currently hold one top 10 time (Evo X), and can tell you that there really isn't any opportunity to improve your time by shortcutting the course. There are a couple corners where you need to put two wheels off, but if you ever touch the wall in any place that matters, or ever put all 4 wheels off, the lap will be invalidated.

You can watch the replays of the top times, and all of the ones I've seen (from the Eiger TT events) have been very clean. I currently hold one top 10 time (Evo X), and can tell you that there really isn't any opportunity to improve your time by shortcutting the course. There are a couple corners where you need to put two wheels off, but if you ever touch the wall in any place that matters, or ever put all 4 wheels off, the lap will be invalidated.

Yeah, I pretty much only do TT on Eiger and have had a lot of 1st positions (havent TT'ed there much since they reset the rankings) and I often check the replays of other top times and I have not seen any sort of cheating yet at Eiger. Part of the reason I enjoy Eiger so much.

Could it be possible that there is a new download tomorrow with a special Nissan 350Z for the online competition? Maybe in the same livery as shown on the site?

Yeah, that would be awesome 👍
Dont get it anyways why we'd have to register on a site, when they just could make a new online event or a update/ addon through the PSN store. lol the link i.e. register doesn't work for me, yet. it says we explain how to sign up, then the next page says check back here over the next couple o weeks... lol :rolleyes:
Maybe the link above could be fixed, it freezes my PS3 immediately ?(tried 3 times)
i mean i won't try it again, just to prevent other poor PS3 ers 👍

I paid too much money for the game just to be left out of a competition like this.

GT Academy where HALF the world's drivers unite...

Up yours PD, your game is not a simulator, the online is crap and the offline isn't much better.

I hope the wall bouncing ***** that wins this comp puts your 350Z into the wall on lap 1.

Back