GT Academy

• Thread starter Jack
  • 824 comments
Gongratulations to all GTP'ers who made it! 👍👍👍
(I was 24th in Finland.. but that's life, family life, I guess :) )

See you in those private lobbies in the near future..

GordonS, you would have make it to the top 20 in Sweden/Norway :)

Even my 1.21.8xx time would have been enough... :crazy:

:idea:It's quite clear that the countries with less population has poorer times due to less competition! Like in No(r)way with 4.5mill ppl! and a few hundred racers compared to Uk's 50mill ppl and several thousand racers! Most ppl on the Norwegian leaderboards set there times last month! Due to summer holiday!

Stop whining about i could make it here and there! You cant! You dont live there! And ultimately it comes down to who is the best racecar driver! Not best in GT5P.......

:idea:It's quite clear that the countries with less population has poorer times due to less competition! Like in No(r)way with 4.5mill ppl! and a few hundred racers compared to Uk's 50mill ppl and several thousand racers! Most ppl on the Norwegian leaderboards set there times last month! Due to summer holiday!

Stop whining about i could make it here and there! You cant! You dont live there! And ultimately it comes down to who is the best racecar driver! Not best in GT5P.......

Vicheous,
sorry about the whining :dopey:

I think there was some differences about promoting this competition in different countries. I've saw couple of GT Academy adds in two or three gaming sites in Finland. But that's about it.

GordonS, you would have make it to the top 20 in Sweden/Norway :)

Even my 1.21.8xx time would have been enough... :crazy:

Oh wait a sec..
I was born in Sweden! So, if my parents, including me, wouldn't have moved to Finland (a couple of dozen of years ago), I would be a real race driver!!!????

Well.. PD, give us the Nordschleife so I can get over this. :ouch:

In France we're not 20 drivers in the finals but 24..!! two qualified in a store and two other on eiger fairlady S2 standard with the DFGT in the real 24h of the mans and this two last qualified are brothers and have won the 350Z in GT4 and the M3 in Race driver grid demo..!!!!
Sorry for my english.

last qualified are brothers and have won the 350Z in GT4 and the M3 in Race driver grid demo..!!!!
Sorry for my english.

Hold on, let me guess...

...Snake and his brother?

Edit:

Next thing we will hear is that France will have 3 drivers going to Silverstone

Sorry, not having a dig, it's just that this tends to happen more often than not.

They are called "Brothers Lacombe" i dont know anymore

Yes, that's the ones. Look out guys, they are very good

Edit:
Ah, that's it, I remember now. They are Carter and Lucky.

Edit again:
I believe there is another brother who is also handy on the track.

Winners were announced.

Autoblog
Sony picks GT Academy winners to race in Dubai 24 Hours

First art imitates life and now video games do the same, with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Nissan having joined forces to create the GT Academy. Over the course of eight months, the academy culled a group of wannabe racers from a field of entrants who posted the best lap times in GT5 Prologue. Then, for five days at Silverstone, the finalists competed in the game and on the actual track, watched by ex-F1 racer Johnny Herbert and a panel of five judges.

The two winners were just announced, and Top Gun status went to Lars Schlomer and Luis Ordonez. Schlomer is a taxi driver in Bonn, Germany; Ordonez is an MBA student from Spain. Now that they've won, they'll be thrown into boot camp for four months to learn to how to race for real silver: in four months, they'll have to earn their racing licenses and get ready to drive a factory-backed Nissan 350Z in the 24 Hours of Dubai this coming January.The rest of us will have to be content with GT5 Prologue for now...

Back