GT Academy

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5: Prologue' started by Jack, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Chronos

Chronos

2. Mr P

Mr P

And here's my lap ...

Shocked I never got through with this one as I worked so hard for it :sly:

3. rinkydink

rinkydink

Quality!

4. Chronos

Chronos

Clean and fast Mr P :tup:

PD will no doubt find a place in the shakedown

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Staff Emeritus

I've just heard that Thuggles is feeling somewhat left out since i_am_egg entered the scene and stole his thunder. He has therefore changed his PSN ID to i_am_thuggles and is hoping for a come back in the near future... ;)

6. davissi

davissi

Great video Chronos how did you actually take the video ?

7. Chronos

Chronos

Cheers.

I used a dvd recorder and scart lead. I can't play live through scart on my hdtv though, it just acts like a slide show and stretched out picture, shame the PS3 won't output both at the same time so I can record online races.

8. rinkydink

rinkydink

UK top ten split times for those who might be interested...

(just noticed my times are in there - obviously I'm not in the top ten!)

The original is an Excel spreadsheet - pm me if you want a copy to compare your own splits...

Attached Files:

9. klondike

klondike

You could try to split the signal before going into your recorder.
    Make one splitway go directly into your tv, and just play while watching the TV signal.
    Then the other split signal connected to your recorder.

10. daan

daan Moderator

I'm surprised you didn't make it with that lap, Ron. It looked well driven compared to your usual...

Oh, and nice hat. :tup:

:dopey:

11. pino-r

pino-r

hi everybody :tup:
    the final classification Top 20 in Italy:
    compliment to all the participants and good luck for the next competitions :tup::tup:
    [​IMG]

Mr_P : in your video is seen that have tyres R3... the turn not and' valid..!:D:cheers:

Hi!!

12. Mr P

Mr P

You are correct pino-r :guilty: I just checked and it is R3's I used .. will have to contact the powers that be and get it removed from 63rd place haha ... I'm pretty sure big ears used the correct tyres though and toytown still has a representative :sly:

Good luck in round 2 guys cya's around

[​IMG]

13. Sphinx

Sphinx Staff Emeritus

Thanks for posting, pino-r.

Good to see Neo, LOOST AND Wickerman making it through. :tup::tup:

14. Grandi

Grandi Premium

Ok, made it through in Finland though the level of competition is not as high as in the larger countries.

Congrats. to all top 20 drivers!

15. bicycleshorts

bicycleshorts

Well done to everyone who got through, I would've loved to participate if Sky didn't decide to disconnect my broadband for 3 weeks :grumpy: .

Those who make it to the next stage and onwards be sure to keep us all informed with your journey!

Mr P:
    Lol.

16. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

Should we make universal top240, with all top20 drivers from each 12 countries? (Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, the Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom) I can post a picture of Finland and a few countries can be found already from this thread.

Could also include the information of auto / manual clutch for the top 20'ish in this World Rank list... :)

What do you think?

17. hansiu

hansiu

I got through in Norway and the lap times are nowhere near some other countries, the best in Norway is around 1.20.8 which isn't even good enough to get into top 20 in other countries. But it means I could make it through some I am not complaining

18. P1

P1

I think its a good idea and i would like to see what wheel they have used aswell.

19. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

Alright... I get on it. I start with the times found here... Hopefully I we can get photos / info from all participating countries. :tup:

20. Wicker_Man

Wicker_Man

Thanks, I made it fortunately, as I had some university issues that kept me away from home (and my ps3) so my lap is 4 weeks old. With the dfp it has been quite hard...those 30 thousandths from the 21st made me sweat until the end :dopey:
    However, I hope you are gonna make it into the national final with some help from the dqs :sly: and who knows...meeting at Silverstone? :idea: We'll see!
    Congratulations not only to the top20 (especially to the .5-6-7 guys with dfp), but also to everyone who made sub 21 times, it was a strange tt compared to what we used to do in common olr.

Good luck to everyone, don't forget to keep this thread updated with some national final details, 'cause nothing seems to be decided down here in Italy.
    See ya!:tup:

21. WayneGTC

WayneGTC Premium

Nice to see you succeed too Wickerman... Wish you luck :tup:

22. WayneGTC

WayneGTC Premium

Good you did it :sly:

I was 1.20.630 in France and 22nd :sick:

23. iskier

iskier

anyone can give me link to report that 'Iam egg', I'm 21 at the moment in UK/IRL :(.

24. Jay

Jay Premium

25. RedSuinit

RedSuinit Premium

I_am _egg REPORTED.

Luke

26. iskier

iskier

big thx to everyone for reporting cheaters...

27. lcf2003

lcf2003

not other country like spain on this tournament, so why keep you guys playing, lol

28. Snorky46

Snorky46

I All Guys!!.....I Am New Of The Forum.......I Am the second driver in Italy in the Gt Acamedy..........I post my lap to youtube..............

this is the link: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZckPb-zEo

29. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I did some reading a few days ago on just what this GT Academy is all about. I must say that for a guy that's in the "No PS3 and No GT5P Club," this is a very interesting concept. So you race for best times virtually before taking on a rela-life racing challenge. All I can say is that I wish all of you participants well. Do gtplanet.net proud if you're one of the participants who gets to advance to race in the 24 Hours of Dubai January of next year!

30. GordonS

GordonS

Gongratulations to all GTP'ers who made it! :tup::tup::tup:
    (I was 24th in Finland.. but that's life, family life, I guess :) )

See you in those private lobbies in the near future..