GT Academy

• Thread starter Jack
  • 824 comments
I missed the top 20 by 0'00.041 :dopey:

1'20.774 22nd

Congrats all.

EDIT:

Sorry, that should be 21st place seeing that the cheat i_am_egg is still there

Sorry you didn't make it Sphinx :ill:, still a chance though if anyone drops out?

Well done everyone - looking forward to meeting you in the next round.👍
Now get on with your lives! :)

Never ever Eiger no more!

Thanks to the God, it's over.

Congratulations for everyone... in or out... we made it.
Sphinx, try to get PD realize that there is cheater. It's not fair. They must have proofs still.

Thanks to Timppaq, your ghost was useful;) I maybe could not do this without it. I had very busy few months, and too less time to keep sessions. That Live-Dynamics is great thing, what I was missed.

I did 1:20:697 and i finished 36 in gt acadmy spain .I satisfied but in next time a hope do better :)
Congratulation to all racers who go to the final in all countries of gt academy.

GT Academy Top 20 Great Britain & Ireland

eigernordgxt7.png

Track: The Eiger Nordwand Forward
Car: Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07 (Non-Tuned)
Driving Physics: Professional
Tyres: Normal N1

Final Standings

End Date: 23:59 GMT on Friday 18 July 2008

01. - 1'20.371 - DROFNUD
02. - 1'20.396 - Oldbeanee
03. - 1'20.496 - GTGENIUS1982
04. - 1'20.525 - GMDLONDON
05. - 1'20.541 - Mr__Arrogance
06. - 1'20.551 - Mr-Apex
07. - 1'20.583 - Andy_616
08. - 1'20.612 - PrudentBear
09. - 1'20.614 - RapidBALLISTA
10. - 1'20.624 - Nemmeh
11. - 1'20.625 - davissi
12. - 1'20.631 - racoonman888
13. - 1'20.641 - alexpez1977
14. - 1'20.684 - Pundershaw
15. - 1'20.691 - Chronos-GTS
16. - 1'20.697 - theewar
17. - 1'20.698 - AlternateID
18. - 1'20.720 - VANNO
19. - 1'20.725 - i_am_egg
20. - 1'20.734 - dawmon

21. - 1'20.744 - iskier
22. - 1'20.774 - GTP_Sphinx
23. - 1'20.791 - jebus25
24. - 1'20.902 - mirial
25. - 1'20.916 - GTP_rinkydink
100. - 1'21.807 - CaptainLiu

MUCH respect to all of those who made it through to the next round - a job well done :cheers:

I'm off for quick lie down before breakfast!

As you can see Sphinx... I'm out for 0.018.... and today at 17h05 :ouch:

5 new pilots entered top20 last 2 days... I have been in the top 20 since the beginning.... I'm ruined :ill:

Wayne, I'm so sorry you didn't make it. :grumpy:

Chin up, mate. 👍

Sorry you didn't make it Sphinx :ill:, still a chance though if anyone drops out?

I'm putting all my money on you PB. getting that time with the DFP is something that all the other drivers should worry about come the next round. 👍

Sphinx, try to get PD realize that there is cheater. It's not fair. They must have proofs still.

I reported it, and I hope others did also. I managed to save his replay, so it will be uploaded to YouTube by this time tomorrow. 👍

MUCH respect to all of those who made it through to the next round - a job well done :cheers:

I'm off for quick lie down before breakfast!

Great effort there rinkydink. 👍

Whereabouts in Hampshire are you?

I just started to get .3 faster T1 times, with 6 minutes to go, but could not keep up a good pace for the rest of any of the laps. I would have broke into the 1'20. lap times :banghead:
still would not have made the top 20 though, well done to all the qualifiers:tup:

I reported iamegg too. Vanno, Alternateid, Mr_arrogance reported iamegg as well. Think I still got the replay. Best get it on quick Sphinx with the new update coming, as existing replays won't work.

They removed the alip44 wall bouncing lap pretty quick the other week.

I reported iamegg too. Vanno, Alternateid, Mr_arrogance reported iamegg as well. Think I still got the replay. Best get it on quick Sphinx with the new update coming, as existing replays won't work.

They removed the alip44 wall bouncing lap pretty quick the other week.

I'll upload it now. 👍

I think myself and davissi get the award for closest lap times!

10. - 1'20.624 - Nemmeh
11. - 1'20.625 - davissi

Well done all..

Has anyone got the German top 20?

By the way;
Feel free to link that video around the net. 👍

1. Ita2r3 1:20,128
2. Popo Plus 1:20,228
3. FIDEBUMS 1:20,437
4. cannonball78 1:20,476
5. nytour 1:20,557
6. GESUS24 1:20;562
7. ihleplunzprofi 1:20,565
8. fadakt84 1:20,594
9. Donbear 1:20,620
10. Zocker16 1:20,708
11. GTNCNDC-Mad Force 1:20,716
12. Dialco 1:20,722
13. MpRacerNo.1 1:20.732
14. Arme46VR 1:20.739
15. WW_MM_668 1:20.741
16. TurbuLuc 1:20.742
17. Speedfreaknuer 1:20.749
18. Nocci-sam 1:20,755
19. Psycho_GTRP 1:20,765
20. WW_NW_667 1:20,774

Seems up to date from gtrp, posted 1.38am:tup:

so,i have been surfing around on the gtacadamy site,forum,etc etc...
there is no news about anything coming yet...also no e-mail,newsflash,etc etc....
so it is still a big guess what will happen next...

maybe they are checking all the 20 laps for cheeters(hope so sphinx...if there are 2 you might just be lucky...)on the other hand...what have they been doing for the last 7 weeks???i meen,no news or teasers or whatever....

spyrrari.

...what have they been doing for the last 7 weeks???i meen,no news or teasers or whatever....

spyrrari.

Agreed... Europe wide live leaderboards during the competition would have been nice. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Well done to everyone to who made the various top 20's and to everyone that took part.

Thankfully this stage is over.

Now a message to all that cheated. All times done by people either by bouncing off walls or using the auto/manual clutch will be deleted. In fact anyone who has set a time using an unfair cheat or glitch will be removed from the competition. That means expect a few changes to take place in the final top 20 lists. In the UK/Irl i_am_egg will be deleted as with a few others I think. There's one or maybe two in the top 10 that might still of been doing the clutch trick and I think there's a few that were top 10 but got pushed into 10 -20.

I just got up and read a post on the offical forums that there may of been "hired drivers" putting in the top 20 laps in Spain. If it's true I cant believe people would be prepared to pay. If it's not true it's very funny.

Well done to everyone to who made the various top 20's and to everyone that took part.

Now a message to all that cheated. All times done by people either by bouncing off walls or using the auto/manual clutch will be deleted. In fact anyone who has set a time using an unfair cheat or glitch will be removed from the competition.

----
wow!!that would make thousands of people who put in many hours for this event very very angry!!!!:ouch:

do you have any official source of your statement??especially about the clutch part?:?

spyrrari.

Well done to you, AlternateID. 👍👍

Now a message to all that cheated. All times done by people either by bouncing off walls or using the auto/manual clutch will be deleted. In fact anyone who has set a time using an unfair cheat or glitch will be removed from the competition. That means expect a few changes to take place in the final top 20 lists. In the UK/Irl i_am_egg will be deleted as with a few others I think. There's one or maybe two in the top 10 that might still of been doing the clutch trick and I think there's a few that were top 10 but got pushed into 10 -20.

Just wondering if you have this information on good authority?

I just got up and read a post on the offical forums that there may of been "hired drivers" putting in the top 20 laps in Spain. If it's true I cant believe people would be prepared to pay. If it's not true it's very funny.

We had one guy who came here offering £100 for a top 20 placement:

Would anyone fancy coming round my house and setting me a top 20 lap for £100?

do you have any official source of your statement??especially about the clutch part?:?

spyrrari.

It was relayed to me from another source so I wont post any details.

It always said after exiting the Academy that final positions will be confirmed after the event.

Sphinx - I have it got pretty good authority.

We'll just have a to wait for the final shake up to take place.

Massive congratulations to everyone on this forum who made the Top 20, I gave up after about week three because I couldn't get any quicker using my sixaxis, and I've just been watching the times tumble and tumble! (I am however through to round two of a different competition, the VXR academy thing in the UK :D)

Can't wait to hear the reports from those gamers on here how the next round goes :D

Sphinx, bad luck just missing the top 20, knowing how well you race online I reckon you'd have been a shoe-in for the next round, which is actual races on GT5P as opposed to just time trials isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if many of the top 20 are great time-trialers, but nothing special in races where there isn't necessarily a perfect racing line and there are other drivers around!

Lets hope SCEE and PD do the decent thing and remove i_am_egg. Good call on saving the video of the replay 👍

ooh, ooh, ooh... If there's a god, let there be 5... :sly:

well done to all who made it through.. tough going at the end.. would i be right in thinking that the next round will be held in london... sphinx.shame you didnt make it,i would have put money on you getting in..

I wonder how many unknown asswipes ran last minute attempts wallbanging the downhill section to get in the top 10-20 region knowing full well that the replay would not be viewed by anyone? I mean if they went too fast they just don't update and turn off the PS3 manually and start again until they get the time zone they were after 💡 I wouldn't put it past some people 👎 It's something to think about anyway 🤬

Back