GT: HD Concept Impressions

It DOES look amazing!!!!!!!

I only wonder about the depth of the game.....meaning of how many races it will have....

Nothing was like the last GT...not even GT2 (for PS1)......

Let's see......:)

Merry christmas, and happy holidays all!

I am on military leave, and just found out that I am either going to iraq or afghanistan, which is the only reason that I havent bought a PS3, because I wont be able to bring one with me.

However, not being able to spend my bonus and paychecks on booze in a combat zone, I would like to buy one as soon as possible. GT4 is the ONLY video game I play, and I had a few questions for the people who had PS3s already. Don't worry admin, most of them are about GT HD so it won't be too off topic.

Can I continue where I left off in GT4 on a PS3?
If all I play is GT and racing games, will it be worth buying a PS3 for?
What other new car companies are going to be licensed by Polyphony Digital besides Ferrari, and what other Ferraris are there going to be?
The GT HD preview, how long is it going to be available to US users at the US site?

Again, I apologize if I am a little off topic or in the wrong thread, but this is the only thread I am subscribed to at the moment, and I just had to ask. If anyone can tell me personally or anything like that give me an email or a personal message if this thread is the wrong way to go about it.

Thanks a lot guys

late

- James

Can I continue where I left off in GT4 on a PS3?
Yes, there's a way you can transfer PS2 game saves from a memory card onto the PS3's HDD into a kind of virtual memory card.
If all I play is GT and racing games, will it be worth buying a PS3 for?
At present maybe not, but since the PS3 is still very new it won't be long until that answer could change.
What other new car companies are going to be licensed by Polyphony Digital besides Ferrari, and what other Ferraris are there going to be?
Only two confirmed Ferrari's so far ar the 599GTB and the F430, other than that there is no news or confirmation on new licenses at the moment.
The GT HD preview, how long is it going to be available to US users at the US site?
I don't know the answer to this, but you will still be able to download it from the Japanese site after it's been taken down from the US site. Also there will be more GT:HD concept demos available to download in the future.

WOW!!! I can't believe how amazing that was. I really hope that they make the new Logitech Wheel that is out in bluetooth so that I can use it to play this incredibly sexy game. I can tell that there is still room for improvement in the graphics though and I'm sure that Polyphony will fix some of the lighting, tire marks, smoke, etc...

Hi:

I'm considering a new TV, a plasma I think; I'm not sure if is the best for TV for gaming?

Any way wich of these resolutions the TV must have? 720p, 1080i or 1080p?

All the above?

I just want to learn and focus in the TV models that comply with your recomendation.

If a TV set is "TRUE-HD" (as it WILL advertise, trust me..) it will surely be 1080p.

If it is "HD-READY" that would mean that it doesn't hold the the 1080p resolution which is 1980x1080 pixels. But it DOES hold the standard for lower resolution such as 720p....

As for a brand....I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to say!!! It would sound like advertise....:) ;)

I do have another question though! GT-wise actualy.

Can a car FINNALY behave more realistic, and flip over if you "cross the live"???
Or is it maybe that the automotive industry wouldn't want a e.g.....Ferrari, or a Toyota, betray their sales plans???? :( :(

Anyone???

I wonder if 1.1 will be an update or a completely new download? I definately don't want to download it again, lol. Besides, shouldn't this be a server side update as well? Because if someone didnt' update...wouldn't they still be able to fake it?

Hi:

I'm considering a new TV, a plasma I think; I'm not sure if is the best for TV for gaming?

Any way wich of these resolutions the TV must have? 720p, 1080i or 1080p?

All the above?

I just want to learn and focus in the TV models that comply with your recomendation.

If you are using the TV for any amount of gaming or as a computer monitor you need to stay away from plasmas and projection TVs (except the LCD variety). If you are wanting to have full high definition (1900x1080 pixels) you should get a 1080p TV. It is likely that one will also support 720p and 1080i.

it appears that the Ver 1.1 will put you in a new board, which will not include all previous lap times and drift scores recorded before the update...

it appears that the Ver 1.1 will put you in a new board, which will not include all previous lap times and drift scores recorded before the update...

the old drift scores won't be included either? :/ i don't think i like that.

And now, why Forza fans think Forza 2 is better graphics wise.

"It's an Alpha build. We haven't seen the real Forza 2."
"Anyone can make a replay look good."
"It wasn't cancelled."
"Has more than 1 car on the track at a time."
"GT:HD is pre-rendered."
"The mountains are fake."
Etc. Etc. You name it, they've said it.

Now, here's the thing. Ignorance is the beautiful word there. Why? Because of this crap, piss-whine they do. Most of those pro-Forza guys (who are now filed under moron in my books) would die than say anything nice about GT.

They simply can not get it through the fact that, "Hey, GT:HD is a demo build of GT5, and not an actual fully built game like Forza 2."

OH, and quote of the day.
"IN the end GT:HD is nothing more than an upscaled GT4 with better graphics, and cars."

Oh...the irony.

Now, I told you this because, it really is their impression.

In response to above...
I am/was a die hard GT fan (since GT1), it's the ONLY video game/simulator I play. I've raced online now for many years and although not one of the fastest guys in the world, I can definitely hold my own. That being said, I'm not looking forward to having to buy a $600 PS3 JUST to play a demo of GT5. Then have to wait until 2008 to get the full GT5 IF they release it on time with everything they promised (anyone remember GT4? Online what?). As much as I hate to admit it, I'm seriously considering giving Forza a try. :yuck:

I have to agree there too....

I really hate the fact that Polyphony doesn't take into consideration their "public".....:( :( :(

I live in Greece, and I'm trying to find a way to test my skills on the series of GT back from the first title...
I have found nothing so far....:(

I'm hopping to change that through GT Planet!!!! Yes, I'm new here!!!! :) :) :)

I have to agree there too....

I really hate the fact that Polyphony doesn't take into consideration their "public".....:( :( :(

I live in Greece, and I'm trying to find a way to test my skills on the series of GT back from the first title...
I have found nothing so far....:(

I'm hopping to change that through GT Planet!!!! Yes, I'm new here!!!! :) :) :)

Polyphony listens to a degree, and I believe they listened when people said no microtransactions the way GT:HD was going to.

when people said no microtransactions the way GT:HD was going to.

No, no, no, they haven't decided yet. Which means there is still a possibilty :ouch:

I think that they will release a full game and that there will still be an option for micro transactions.

It is also quite a joke that all your times from the previous board on GT:HD will dissapear with v1.1. If my GT Playground site did that then the users would totally freak out!!

From Ebbigs:
If you are using the TV for any amount of gaming or as a computer monitor you need to stay away from plasmas and projection TVs (except the LCD variety). If you are wanting to have full high definition (1900x1080 pixels) you should get a 1080p TV. It is likely that one will also support 720p and 1080i.

I understand, but I read that the LCD's may have problems with the high speed movements presentation and also they can't produce nice blacks color.

Why to avoid plasmas? I know the burning problems due to still image, so is wisely to avoid freeze an image for longer than 30mins, I will try to avoid that conduct. So the plasma will look much better? or the difference can't be notice compare to the LCD?

Your recomendation is to buy one that is full hd, 1080p. What if GT5 has only 1080i; What will happen?

There's no difference in total resolution between 1080i and 1080p, both use 1920x1080 pixels. To get the full picture quality, you'll need to buy a full HD TV set, and it won't matter if GT5 will be in 1080i or 1080p.

Regards
the Interceptor

From Ebbigs:

I understand, but I read that the LCD's may have problems with the high speed movements presentation and also they can't produce nice blacks color.

Why to avoid plasmas? I know the burning problems due to still image, so is wisely to avoid freeze an image for longer than 30mins, I will try to avoid that conduct. So the plasma will look much better? or the difference can't be notice compare to the LCD?

Your recomendation is to buy one that is full hd, 1080p. What if GT5 has only 1080i; What will happen?

Ok:

So the most important caracteristic to focus in the purchase decition is that the TV is: Full HD right?

Plasma or LCD?

What is the difference between TV's and monitors?

Surely there is a thread somewhere on the site where you can speak about plasma etc and not in the GTHD impression thread? Im not trying to be an ass, I just don't like it when the threads drift.

Yes, I Know:

I'm trying to find help here because the tv idea is to have the best possible set for GT5...

There's nothing special about GT5 from a display standpoint. Post your questions in the Electronics forum where they belong.

Why, you ask? Because I come to the site and I see new posts in a thread that I'm following. But do I see any actual information about the GTHD demo? No, I see a new guy asking questions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. This is what we call "hijacking" a thread, and it's typically viewed to be a very bad thing on most internet forums. Including this one. Electronics forum. That's what it's there for. This whole board is filled with GT players, it'll be the same people answering your question there.

In fact, I know quite a bit about all forms of HD televisions. I'd be more than happy to help you. But not here.

Back