GT: HD Concept Impressions

I see. Well, maybe I'll pass on GT5 if the physics, sounds, and details are not very high above GT4.

I think you're forgetting this game is a GTHD Concept game. It shows what's going to be possible. It looks fantastic, BTW. The car physics are similar to GT4, but more polished; more of a real car feel to them. The cars themselves are gorgeous looking. You'd be foolish to pass this one up, or think to pass on GT5 because currently a few things are similar.

Do'h :dunce:

Edit : They seem to have something going on with the drift mode 👍
Edit 2 : Did I just see a Capuccino with a black/carbon hood in one of the drift videos? What's up with that?

It's the mod Capuccino I talked about in my post. There are 20 cars, two of every model. One regular and one semi-racing.

I think that's it. Oh, you can see the record times of other drivers, which I'm sure you figured out with the 46 second time above. No more cheating.

Well, anybody got specific questions?

When you say 'No more cheating', what do you mean? Is there anything stopping you from cheating? Are there administrators who review the replays?

I am really interested to know about their times database.

And one other thing, is there any damage?

No he means no more people saying "I iz tha bestest at GT, I can do the nurb in 4 minz 42 secondz flat coz im tha best" and then never providing any proof that they are as fast as they claim.

No there's no damage in the GT:HD demo, nor was damage ever expected for this GT:HD demo.

No he means no more people saying "I iz tha bestest at GT, I can do the nurb in 4 minz 42 secondz flat coz im tha best" and then never providing any proof that they are as fast as they claim.

No there's no damage in the GT:HD demo, nor was damage ever expected for this GT:HD demo.

Thanks 👍

The damage is very much a wait and see so far I think, it should be in GT5, but to what extend we don't know. It might be limited to the race cars, though that'd be a bit daft imo, I think all the cars should be equal in the way the game handles their physics including crash physics. It could be well into next year before we get more official word on the damage, here's hoping they get all the nessesary go aheads to put a full damage model on all the cars. Forza 2 will let you completely destroy anytihng including the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, the "can't get permission" reasoning doesn't wash with me over this topic anymore.

I think you're forgetting this game is a GTHD Concept game. It shows what's going to be possible. It looks fantastic, BTW. The car physics are similar to GT4, but more polished; more of a real car feel to them. The cars themselves are gorgeous looking. You'd be foolish to pass this one up, or think to pass on GT5 because currently a few things are similar.

Doh, you're right Solid. I've been saying that to Forza fanboys and I nearly forgot it myself. It's amazing how much slandering the official Forza Motorsports forum does on this game, saying it is inferior to Forza 2 when neither game is out, and that this demo is a 20-30% build of GT5, maybe not even.

There has been a bug reported that indicates impossible times have been entered into the database. There is a cut-off in the respective replays, too.

Can anyone describe this better?

Cheers,

MasterGT

Remember guys, this was more of a project for PD, so not everything is going to be as good as they could make it.

My thoughts: This is a whole lot of fun and I haven't even used a wheel yet. I have the #2 drift score with the Elise.

Wow all this sounds really interesting! So glad you can download it anywhere in the world as long as you setup a Hong Kong account... I was just wondering is there an interior view (camera) yet? Is the sixaxis used in anyway? Im glad to hear about the spectators gasping but the sound of the cars and also background noise needs sorting...

If someone that has the demo has the time it would be great if they could post som vid's... I especially want to see this amazing intro vid that ive heard about! It would be greatly appreciated.

Cool stuff, keep the info comming guys...

Robin :)

Oh and another quick question, is there anyway of downloading the demo on a computer then transfering it to the PS3? How big is the demo? because I have broadband available to me now but I may not in a few months time when the PS3 comes out here......???

I did like to see some pre raced mod vehicels, i saw the Evos, the Mx5 and the suzuki capo..... if somone got them allready post them.

Oh and another quick question, is there anyway of downloading the demo on a computer then transfering it to the PS3? How big is the demo? because I have broadband available to me now but I may not in a few months time when the PS3 comes out here......???
I'd also be interested in saving the demo for those who don't have a PS3 yet, as Polyphony says it will only be available for download for a limited period of time. I can tell you that it's 650 MB big, but I don't know if anyone has tried to save it yet, in whichever way that may be.

Regards
the Interceptor

I can't even express how stoked I am to play this game..

*Searches ebay for a PS3*

Damnit, I'm never going to get a PS3 in time for the release of this game.

*Stomps off and goes back to GT4*

When you say 'No more cheating', what do you mean? Is there anything stopping you from cheating? Are there administrators who review the replays?

I am really interested to know about their times database.

And one other thing, is there any damage?

No damage. No cheating means no more cheating. Your times are recorded and downloaded instantly and compared with other drivers all over the world. Even your replay is saved automatically. I got 5th place overall in the world with the Infinity G35 Coupe, and my replay can be downloaded by anyone with a copy of this game on their PS3. How cool is that? Though, it's probably gone by now.

There has been a bug reported that indicates impossible times have been entered into the database. There is a cut-off in the respective replays, too.

Can anyone describe this better?

Cheers,

MasterGT

I haven't heard about that, but people using the Evos in Asia were getting ridiculous times like 46 seconds, when the Ferrari, at MUCH higher HP, was getting around 1.07 lap times.

Wow all this sounds really interesting! So glad you can download it anywhere in the world as long as you setup a Hong Kong account...

Actually, you can download it from the US store, but for a limited time.

I was just wondering is there an interior view (camera) yet? Is the sixaxis used in anyway? I'm glad to hear about the spectators gasping but the sound of the cars and also background noise needs sorting...

Two views only, outside and behind the car, and bumper camera. Sixaxis is not used. And yes, the crowds look a lot better and it does add more realism to the game.

If someone that has the demo has the time it would be great if they could post som vid's... I especially want to see this amazing intro vid that ive heard about! It would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have the HD video camera set up for Christmas, and I'll try making a few. However, this camera was from Japan, and it wouldn't work on my PC, so keep your fingers crossed.

Cool stuff, keep the info comming guys...

Robin :)

No, there is no way to save any of the downloadable games to a Flash Drive. If there is, it's not by Sony's design. It's 650mb big.

I'd also be interested in saving the demo for those who don't have a PS3 yet, as Polyphony says it will only be available for download for a limited period of time. I can tell you that it's 650 MB big, but I don't know if anyone has tried to save it yet, in whichever way that may be.

Regards
the Interceptor

Sorry, it cannot be saved. It's on the HDD, and it's going to stay there until some homebrew stuff comes to free it.

I can do doughnuts just fine??? It just requires proper throttle input.

Videos please. You can't do donuts. You drive in a circle while doing a burnout. Even if you could with "proper throttle input", it would be completely unrealistic because of that.

I took these with my Nokia N93, it's the only camera I have right now, so excuse the quality. The detail is amazing, especially at 1080p. No other console can do this:
GTHD3.jpg

GTHD4.jpg

GTHD5.jpg

GTHD6.jpg

can anyone of you lucky guys confirm force feedback with the DFP?

thanks
relio

Hey whats up I get FF on my wheel. You have to make sure that both of the green lights on the GT FORCE PRO wheel is lit. Sometimes it won't so you have to unplug it and re-plug it in. But YES there is FF in this game, hell there even an option to set the steering wheel strength like GT4.

Please correct me if im getting this wrong but - there is only one view mode - from "inside the car" ? Im not able to watch my beautiful 1080p cars during a race ?...

I guess I'll correct oyu then ;), you can change view with the select button.

Back