Gt Hi-fi

• Thread starter Concept
  • 41 comments
When you got all gold medals in GT1 you will unlock a mode called GT HI-FI. In this mode you dont win money or medals. Its just a Mode thats fun to race in. Say your car is going 150 MPH, the scenery around you is goind like 50 MPH. Its very interesting to race in. It is also very hard. Then in other races in this mode is vice-versa. Your going like 50 MPH and the scenery around you is doing 150MPH.

Originally posted by ViperConcept
When you got all gold medals in GT1 you will unlock a mode called GT HI-FI. In this mode you dont win money or medals. Its just a Mode thats fun to race in. Say your car is going 150 MPH, the scenery around you is goind like 50 MPH. Its very interesting to race in. It is also very hard. Then in other races in this mode is vice-versa. Your going like 50 MPH and the scenery around you is doing 150MPH.
:eek:

Its pretty difficult to race in. You have to control your car while everything around you is so confusing.

I think it means high fidelity and the main point was that the frame rate was supposed to be higher. Not sure.

You get used to it after a bit.

Hey, ViperConcept. No, I did not get GT HIFI by winning all golds, I got it by winning de GT League.
Jordan, De GT HIFI is a section of GT1 with more realistic graphix than de rest of de game. Why they didn't make de whole game like de GT HIFI's graphix I don't know, but that is a mystery that will remain unsolved, like de 1 "which came 1st, de chicken or de egg?"
Hey, lemme think about that! I know something that Mr GTSeries (Jordan) doesn't! WOW!:wow:

Thanx
Mr GT2

The HiFi mode runs at a higher resolution, and at 60fps. Therefore this mode makes GT1 look almost like Bleem!GT2 for DC. Also it doesn't feature all the detail from the normal tracks (missing buildings, etc.). By the way I hope everyone knows that GT1 had better graphics than GT2, they were cleaner, and less slowdown.

Originally posted by Talentless
what anime series is your avatar, risingson?

It's not anime, really. It's from a PS1 game called Lunar:Eternal Blue. I grabbed the pic straight from the CD-ROM using PSMplay. If you want to try PSMplay, go to http://www.zophar.net/

It's really cool. It allows you to check out graphics files, movies, sounds & music. Obviously, you can save them to your hard drive. It's fun, and more importantly, FREE! :D

well, it's anime style. my brothers love to collect all those files from the net. card captor sakura, noir, digicarrot, flames of rekka. i think luna, or is it lunar (?), silver star story is a series. i have some jpop tunes, myself. but i've said enough off topic things.

Originally posted by Supra897
The HiFi mode runs at a higher resolution, and at 60fps. Also it doesn't feature all the detail from the normal tracks (missing buildings, etc.). By the way I hope everyone knows that GT1 had better graphics than GT2, they were cleaner, and less slowdown.

i agree. the graphics are a lot better in GT1. i always thought it seemed darker, and the car was shinier. also, you raced alone. that was different. Yes, Jazza, that's right. when you beat Gt League, that is when you get Hi-Fi Mode.

Originally posted by gran_turismo_bandit

i agree. the graphics are a lot better in GT1. i always thought it seemed darker, and the car was shinier. also, you raced alone. that was different. Yes, Jazza, that's right. when you beat Gt League, that is when you get Hi-Fi Mode.

Thank god you said that - I thought I was the only one. I thought GT2 was really grainy, GT1 had a much better impression of speed.

Originally posted by vat_man

GT1 had a much better impression of speed.

I played GT2, and it seemed to go slower than GT1. You never seeemed to get the velocitation effect from GT2.

*If you don't know what velocitation is, it is the sense that reality is going slower than it actually is, and it is caused by driving at high speeds for an extended period of time, like in the GT series.*

Originally posted by ViperConcept
When you played GT1 and got ALL golds did you also unlock a mode called GT HI-FI??
Yes! I unlocked it both ways! Way 1: Got all golds in arcade mode. The other way: All golds in GT league. :P

Originally posted by Jazza
Hey, ViperConcept. No, I did not get GT HIFI by winning all golds, I got it by winning de GT League.
Jordan, De GT HIFI is a section of GT1 with more realistic graphix than de rest of de game. Why they didn't make de whole game like de GT HIFI's graphix I don't know, but that is a mystery that will remain unsolved, like de 1 "which came 1st, de chicken or de egg?"
Hey, lemme think about that! I know something that Mr GTSeries (Jordan) doesn't! WOW!:wow:

Thanx
Mr GT2

There's a very obvious reason why the rest of the game couldn't be in Hi-Fi mode, and it's the same reason you have only your car on teh track. It's extremely taxing on the system. So taxing, in fact, that the system can't render more than one car at a time. The game wouldn't be very fun if you were the only racer, would it?

HiFi mode was just to show off the power of the PSX and the programming of GT. It had nothing to do with the sensation of speed (someone was talking about it looking like 150mph when you're going 50mph or something like that), instead it ran at a higher framerate like others have mentioned, and the car graphics were abit cleaner. I don't think the physics were changed.

GT2 wasn't done in HiFi mode for the same reason. The PSX is only so powerful, there's no way they could write the software to do that with the system's capabilities.

...as well as losing background scenery, you also lost tyresmoke etc. Still looked damn good on replays, though- even though you only got the 3 Special Stage routes to drive on. It DID have a much more impressive feel of speed

Back