GT Omega Racing Apex Wheel Stand Review: A Stable Step Up

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by GTPNewsWire, May 23, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Dezcom, Thorin Cain and kilesa4568 like this.
  2. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

I almost bought one of these a few weeks ago but the lack of reviews (until now) stopped me taking the plunge.

Could I ask a huge favour of you? Could you please take a picture of how far it extends (I'm 6'7") and tell me if it's still stable or not?

I've currently got a PS Challenge and the seating position/comfort is massively compromised to squeeze me into it. I fancy a bit of sofa comfort driving for a change.

3. Jezza819

Jezza819

I've had a GT Omega stand for almost 4 years now and I've been well pleased with it. The review is correct about one thing, even without the wheel attached these things are pretty heavy. Wheel and pedals attached and it's really too much for me to try and pick up and move without throwing my back out.

DesertPenguin and Thorin Cain like this.
  4. mef

mef

-Is the shifter plate height adjustable?
    -And how much does the steering wheel plate move around front to back? It looks like it is mounted on a thin metal piece with only two bolts side by side, so could tilt forward back. Which is not a major concern, but does make the kit feel flimsy when catching slides, drifting etc.

Both these points are an issue with the Next Laving Racing Seat I currently have, which looks similar in design. Link below
    https://www.nextlevelracing.com/products/next-level-racing-wheel-stand/

5. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Shifter height is not adjustable. The steering wheel plate doesn't move front to back at all, and when all the bolts are fully tightened it doesn't move at all. Very sturdy.

I bought mine about 2 months ago when they had a sale and it's still at that price.

Dezcom and mef like this.
  6. gt_fan

gt_fan Premium

I had the same problems with the Next Level Racing stand, my wheel used to go up and down pivoting on the thin bar. Sold it and bought the Next Level GTxtreme - not the best rig but good enough for my CSW 2.5.

mef likes this.
  7. kikie

kikie Premium

This probably not sturdy enough for a DD wheel!?

8. Bush_Killa-73

Bush_Killa-73

This stand is basically a rip off of the next level racing stand in general. Whichever one you could get cheapest I'd buy that one. I've got a NLR stand but a GT Omega racing chair which works for me. If this had been out when I got the stand I may have bought it as it's slightly cheaper in the UK than the NLR one. Plus the extension full rig seat for this costs much less in the UK if that's the road you want to go down.

9. ZiltoidRacer

ZiltoidRacer

Bought my Gt Omega Apex stand 10 days ago and it is a solid stand. Got it on ebay, new for £125 with free next day delivery.

10. Bush_Killa-73

Bush_Killa-73

This design and the NLR stand seem to be the most solid you can buy for the money as in under £200. £125 is fantastic value

11. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Yea, spending more than that you might as well invest in a proper rig with seat included. A Ricmotech design if you want to DIY, or any other company that's out there.

12. ZiltoidRacer

ZiltoidRacer

I would have got myself a rig and was looking for a while but found nothing with a high enough seat for me, so i went with the Apex (as it was 17% off) and a generic GP Racer chair for the height.

edit: if anyone is looking to get a new stand they are still £124.95 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-OMEGA...D-SUITABLE-FOR-FANATEC-CSL-ELITE/142951548879 where i got mine from.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  13. Brzlav

Brzlav

Is it possible to mount the pedals slightly to the left on that stand, so that the brake ends up more to the left for left foot braking? (Talking about the GT Omega one).

14. ZiltoidRacer

ZiltoidRacer

just looking now the T3PA pedals use the middle slots out of the 3 each side to be in center, so you could get it to move over but only about 12mm or so. also you could offset the wheel on the stand to get the desired set up.

i have mine central and left foot brake ok, ish lol.

Brzlav likes this.