GT Planet Drifting Leaderboards

• Thread starter Taffey
  • 299 comments
Manual all the way. I don't like how an auto will sometimes upshift in the middle of a corner, ruining a good drift.

Oh, and Rob - I updated your top score on the 'ring. 👍

Hey Taffey, is there any chance of us having a No.1 drift car table incorporated into the results thread? Just so as we can see at a glance which cars are the top performers or favoured drives for drifting.

Chamonix forward?

Another great score for the Stratos! :)

Yes, I'd forgot to tell, it's Chamonix forward

And I would add
Autumn Ring Reverse:
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA: 8059
1966 AC 427 S/C 10693
1961 Jaguar E-type Coupè 11753

Last edited:
Manual all the way. I don't like how an auto will sometimes upshift in the middle of a corner, ruining a good drift.

Or sometimes the opposite happens, when you enter a corner it shifts too low and you cant get enough power to the wheels, ruining a good drift.

Costa di Amalfi (forward)

Jaguar E-Type Coupè - 10465 - probably close to the best for this car

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary - 11006 - poor drifting in the first hairpins, probably 13-14k could be made by a better driver

Costa di Amalfi (forward)

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary - 11006 - poor drifting in the first hairpins, probably 13-14k could be made by a better driver

14951 {Lamborghini Countach 25 - Costa Di Amalfi}, now your turn. ;)

Last edited:
12391 - El Capitan (F) - Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

29557 - Tahiti Maze (F) - Dodge VIPER GTS '99

Last edited:
Cool, loads of scores today! All updated. :D

Hey Taffey, is there any chance of us having a No.1 drift car table incorporated into the results thread? Just so as we can see at a glance which cars are the top performers or favoured drives for drifting.
Yes, absolutely! Sounds like a great idea to me - I'd be happy to add that in.

How about this: If someone wants a car listed in the table, just nominate it in a post. If someone else seconds it, I'll add it to the 'preferred cars' table or whatever we're going to call it. If someone has a problem with the nomination and/or a problem with a car in the existing list, we'll discuss and decide what to do from there.

Does that work for you guys?

Tsukuba Circuit (standard physics):
9665 points, Mazda RX-7 Type RS '00 N2/N2
11670 points, Nismo 270R '94 N2/N2
10483 points Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 N2/N2

Tsukuba Circuit (professional physics):
11192 points Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 N2/N2
11623 points, Mazda RX-7 Type RS '00 N2/N2

i think we should divide pro and standard physics as well, I am driving in standard physics, which might explain why my results are so high despite my poor driving.

Is "open track" the same as "full lap drift" in the EU version of the game? (do you guys get your drift scored for the sectors or the lap as a whole?)

Last edited:
All scores updated. ;)

i think we should divide pro and standard physics as well, I am driving in standard physics, which might explain why my results are so high despite my poor driving.
I considered this when I originally set up this thread, but it seems to me that standard or professional is just another setting. I actually think professional allows for higher drift scores because there is less "interference" from the game in terms of keeping you going straight.

Also, with two separate lists of scores things would start to get a bit messy. Of course, if everyone feels strongly about it I'll be happy to make that change. Guys, what are your thoughts?

Is "open track" the same as "full lap drift" in the EU version of the game?
Ah, I didn't realize that NA and EU games had different verbiage there. Yes, it should be the same thing - I'll update my main post to reflect this. Thanks for the heads-up. 👍

Motegi Ring (short) 7,214 Nismo 270R
There are two Motegi "short" courses.... Did you mean the east short course?

Trial Mountain 11554 RX-7 GT-Limited (J) '85
I put you down for forward - if that's incorrect let me know. :)

Can we have a table of drivers with the most No.1 drifts too?? Just in the interest of encouraging 'competition', i'm sure my temporary tally of 6 best drifts will be surpassed soon enough ;).

Last edited:
Here are mine so far....

all tracks raced in the forward variant

Tsukuba Circuit - 8297 - Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune '03

Tahiti Maze - 29152 - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04

Costa di Amalti - 10456 - BMW M5 '05

Chamonix - 29763 - Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti Prodrive '01

Cathedral Rocks Trail III - 8108 - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04

Beginner Course - 7238 - Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune '03

Suzuka Circuit East Course - 9194 - BMW M5 '05

Motorland - 10155 - BMW M3 GTR '03

New scores added.

Can we have a table of drivers with the most No.1 drifts too?? Just in the interest of encouraging 'competition', i'm sure my temporary tally of 6 best drifts will be surpassed soon enough ;).
That's a fantastic idea! I'm setting up a driver standings list now. How about 3 points for a 1st place on any track, 2 points for 2nd, and 1 point for 3rd? This should also help encourage people to try drifting on new tracks. :)

update :

Suzuka Circuit East - 9485 - BMW M3 GTR '03

Ice Arena - 14685 - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04

Infineon Raceway - 8726 - Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune '03

Opera Paris - 10079 - Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune '03

Trial Mountain - 8730 - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04

Swiss Alps - 9452 - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back