GT Planet Drifting Leaderboards

• Thread starter Taffey
  • 299 comments
Last update for the day..... I promise:D
What? I expect at least another 3 updates before the end of the day or I'll think less of you. Kidding. :D

Killer job on New York by the way - I have no idea how I'm going to beat that. I guess the trick is to do lots of zig-zag type stuff on the long straights... Hmm, need to give that another shot.

Anyway, scores updated!

I have no idea how I'm going to beat that.
Exactly my thoughts about a lot of the top scores now up.

Had a go at a few of the new ones;

Citta Di Aria (F) - 7927 - Saleen S7

Grand Valley East (F) - 5913 - Saleen S7

Cote D'Azur (F) - 10317 - Dodge VIPER GTS

Apricot Hill (F) - 10043 - Dodge VIPER GTS

Seattle (F) - 6819 - Dodge VIPER GTS

.. not much luck today, as evident.

Hey Taff, any possibility of your spreadsheet giving details of the top 10 drivers no.1 choice of car and their total number of drift points?

:dopey:

I think the " trick " is to have one big, long continuous drift.....:indiff:

And to really practice the track, get to know all of the weight transfers :nervous:

I think that's the hardest part for me anyway......
I guess I kind of have an unfair advantage being at work for 9 hours a day and only actually "work" for about an hour :sly:👍

As far as setups go.... I use pretty much the exact same settings for all of the cars and if anyone wants me to post the settings I'd be glad to

Last edited:
Scores updated.

Citta Di Aria (F) - 7927 - Saleen S7
You're insane! I can barely make it through that track in a straight line - sideways is out of the question! Some of those alleys are barely wide enough for a bicycle, much less a drifting supercar. Nice job man. 👍

Hey Taff, any possibility of your spreadsheet giving details of the top 10 drivers no.1 choice of car and their total number of drift points?
Hmm, yeah maybe. Total drift points would be especially interesting to see. I should be able to get my spreadsheet to pull that part out of the raw data... Give me a day or two and I should have something. ;)

I think the " trick " is to have one big, long continuous drift.....:indiff:
I was afraid you were going to say that. I always chicken out and go straight for a bit to make sure I get *some* points, especially on any track with walls. I guess I better man up and start doing it right. :scared:

And to really practice the track, get to know all of the weight transfers :nervous:
I think that's why I like using muscle cars. Once you figure out the weight transfer points you can be very deliberate about it with a big heavy FR car... assuming you get it sliding in the correct direction in the first place. I have trouble with weight transfers on some of the lighter cars, like the HKS drift car. It's much more "snappy" than I'm used to and I have trouble reacting in time when I screw up. On a side note, I'm really liking the GTO right now. Good power, good balance, gear ratios are in the butter zone, and the transmission is nice and tight - not too much slop between shifts.

As far as setups go.... I use pretty much the exact same settings for all of the cars and if anyone wants me to post the settings I'd be glad to
That would be great. I tend to lower the ride height and stiffen the dampers but generally not much else. I'd love to see your setup.

Hey guys! I've been following this thread a bit and noticed you guys were wondering about uploading replays.

It's a great way to verify scores and is very simple if you have a USB cable with the correct connector (same one that is used to charge a PS3 controller works just fine).

Unfortunately, each version of the game saves different replays. There are three known prefixes for the replay folders now: UCUS (North American version), UCES (European version), and UCAS (Asian version). You must use a North American version to view UCUS replays, an Asian version to view UCAS replays, and so on.

I wrote up a quick guide on finding them, zipping them up, and uploading them to the forum here. We've been using them as verification for lap times in the Time Attack Challenge. Hope this helps!
thanks, i'll try that out

This is the protocol I use for drifting :

Power: all the way up
Weight: all the way down
Ride Height: all the way down
Spring Rate: Increase 4-6 clicks
Dampers: Increase 4-6 clicks
Front Camber: -3.0/3.2
Rear Camber: -1.8/2.0
Front Toe: 0.00
Rear Toe:+0.15
Tires: S1/S1 for FR, S1/N3 for 4WD
and yeah, I think that's about it.

Scores and driver standings updated. 👍

This is the protocol I use for drifting :

Power: all the way up
Weight: all the way down
Ride Height: all the way down
Spring Rate: Increase 4-6 clicks
Dampers: Increase 4-6 clicks
Front Camber: -3.0/3.2
Rear Camber: -1.8/2.0
Front Toe: 0.00
Rear Toe:+0.15
Tires: S1/S1 for FR, S1/N3 for 4WD
and yeah, I think that's about it.
Ah, nice. Large camber angles are an interesting choice for drifting - I've never tried that before. I'll have to give it a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

EDIT: Hey, not bad! I like the setup. I added a couple of new tracks and beat a few of your scores as well. :D

Last edited:
imagelt.jpg

I reckon I can beat that 8k record on there

Scores updated - I've added a couple more of my own as well:

Mid-Field (forward)
10,095 - Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64

Autumn Ring (forward)
10,360 - Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64

i got 45484 on the nurburgring
Hey, welcome to the leaderboards! :) What car did you use?

You're insane! I can barely make it through that track in a straight line - sideways is out of the question! Some of those alleys are barely wide enough for a bicycle, much less a drifting supercar. Nice job man. 👍

Hmm, yeah maybe. Total drift points would be especially interesting to see. I should be able to get my spreadsheet to pull that part out of the raw data... Give me a day or two and I should have something. ;)

Citta Di Aria is a must, the courses with limited opportunities (motorland is another one) can really show what different cars and drivers are or aren't capable of, and it's good practice.

Any news on the spreadsheet?

Last edited:
Mazda Furai meets Autumn Ring Mini, the result so far 7,073
Beginner Course 4,548 Mazda Furai

Last edited:
Points and standings updated - lots of ties this time. :)

Any news on the spreadsheet?
Some, yes. I do have the spreadsheet built but it is buggy. I'm using Open Office (don't ask) and the data format recognition features are not nearly as robust as I'd like them to be. So, I just need to import it into Excel, do some tweaking, and then audit the results to make sure it's right.

Now, to get my hands on a copy of Excel....

update :

Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo - 16346 - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Ver.V '98

Laguna Seca - 14196 - ^

Twin Ring Motegi East Short - 12245 - ^

Opera Paris - 12896 - ^

Seoul Central - 9064 - ^

Autumn Ring - 11829 - ^

Autumn Ring Mini - 7228 - ^

Trial Mountain - 14661 - ^

all forward

Make use of your local library's computers, they should have excel?
I suppose that's an option... I'd need to buy an economy pack of Clorox Wipes and several gallons of Purell first. :yuck:

I think I'll just hijack my wife's computer for the time being. She won't mind, will she? :D

For Tsukuba Circuit, I got 12,092 points in a Jaguar XJ220 '92. Standard physics. :D Got it after a couple of tries. If you'd like, I'll try and get a photo of it. It makes me feel...like a cheater if I don't put the picture up. I'll see about it

Last edited:
All the following were set with the HKS GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS2 '04. All are foward unless otherwise specified.

• Autumn Ring (Mini) - 6885
  • New York - 7135
  • Grand Valley East - 5759
  • Suzuka Circuit East Course - 6196
  • New York Reverse - 6687
  • Costa di Amalfi - 12031
  • Tsukauba Circuit - 9008
  • Beginner Course Reverse - 5052
  • Opera Paris Reverse - 10363
  • Beginner Course - 4977
  • Opera Paris - 9247
  • Laguna Seca Raceway - 6190
  • Infineon Raceway: Sports Car Course - 9877

Cheers for setting this up Taffey.

For those who are not aware, I have been working on a event series generator. It struck me that I could use the high scores in this thread to set targets for drift trial events. But before I can do that there are plenty of tracks (lots of Reverses) without any scores yet. I am going to try and fill some of the gaps myself. I expect my scores to get beaten pretty quickly though. If you wish to join the discussion for the event generator, join us in the thread linked below.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124125

Last edited:
Back