GT Planet Drifting Leaderboards

• Thread starter Taffey
  • 299 comments
Scores and standings updated. The new spreadsheet is well on the way to perfection - should be ready very soon!

For Tsukuba Circuit, I got 12,092 points in a Jaguar XJ220 '92. Standard physics. :D Got it after a couple of tries. If you'd like, I'll try and get a photo of it. It makes me feel...like a cheater if I don't put the picture up. I'll see about it
Great score! Makes me and my puny 9k feel silly. :D I haven't tried drifting with a Jag yet - I'll have to give that a whirl.

Cheers for setting this up Taffey.

For those who are not aware, I have been working on a event series generator. It struck me that I could use the high scores in this thread to set targets for drift trial events. But before I can do that there are plenty of tracks (lots of Reverses) without any scores yet. I am going to try and fill some of the gaps myself. I expect my scores to get beaten pretty quickly though.
Hey bowie! Thanks for stopping by and adding your scores. Your event generator is incredible! I've been using it constantly since version 7 I think. I like your idea for adding drift targets - like a gold/silver/bronze kind of thing.

And hey, glad to finally meet someone with a PSN shorter than mine! :D

Alright guys, my new and improved spreadsheet is done and working. It's mostly back end type stuff that generally makes my life easier, so you shouldn't see much of a change in what the points and standings look like. What has changed, however, is that I can now pull all kinds of nifty data, such as total posted drift points. If any of you have suggestions for additional data analyses you'd like to see (e.g., drift points per car, average drift points per track, favorite tracks per driver, etc.), just let me know and I'll pull it together for you.

I have also made one small change to the tiebreaker rules in the driver standings. The count of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes was getting out of hand and wasn't doing that great of a job breaking ties anyway, so the driver points tiebreaker now goes straight to total drift points posted. A driver with fewer wins but more total drift points than another driver will be ranked higher provided the driver points are equal. If you think this is goofy, let me know.

Oh, almost forgot. Points and standings updated. ;)

Last edited:
Update: -These weren't just done, they were done a couple of months ago, just forgot to put them up last time)
Opera Paris Forward: 12,471 in the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A '02
High Speed Ring Forward: 10,252 in the Ford RS200 '84
Ice Arena Forward: 20,523 in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V GSR '98 (My favorite rally drifter :D)
Swiss Alps: 11,012 in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V GSR '98

I'll get some more in next time.

Hey bowie! Thanks for stopping by and adding your scores. Your event generator is incredible! I've been using it constantly since version 7 I think. I like your idea for adding drift targets - like a gold/silver/bronze kind of thing.

And hey, glad to finally meet someone with a PSN shorter than mine! :D

Always pleased to hear people are enjoying the event generator. What I have in mind for the drift events is to take the highest score and set gold at 90%, silver at 75% and bronze at 50%. If the highest score is say 5000, that would make gold 4500, silver 3750 and bronze 2500. If people have an opinion on this, feel free to let me know what you think. That said, maybe it would be better to respond in the 'campaign generator' thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124125&page=3

just got 16140!!!!!! on Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo with the Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) ‘00:sly:

i found it very easy to initiate a drift with this car considering that it weighs around 800kg and has around 200 horsepower

Last edited:
Hey Taffey,

You left out my Beginner Course Forward score that I posted on page 5.
It's ok, I forgive you.....

sorry for the double......:nervous:

k4w5li.jpg

4snuhx.jpg

20u96p4.jpg

bad pics.....I know..... I'm sorry:indiff:

one more update today before I get out of work....

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course - 19658 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR '99

High Speed Ring Forward - 10836 - ^

High Speed Ring Reverse - 7731 - ^

Suzuka Full Circuit - 21482 - ^

Twin Ring Motegi West Short Course - 9273 - ^

Tokyo Rt. 246 forward - 17657 - ^

^ Reverse - 16715 - ^

Ok, you asked for it, you got it! The top drift cars have now been added to my original post. It's a list of the top cars based on average drift points - cars must have a minimum of three entries to be included in the list.

Of course, this does not completely account for variances due to track and driver, but it should at least give you a good idea of what's a good car and what isn't. If you guys have suggestions for different ways to rank the cars, I am all ears. I'm also considering listing top off-road performers separately. What do you think?

I have also shifted the standings per track down a post to make room for the car list and not have everything be too crowded.

And while I'm at it, points and standings updated. :D Happy Friday guys!

EDIT: I decided to go ahead and make separate listings for pavement and dirt/snow anyway. 👍

Last edited:
YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST GOT 16554 ON Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo WITH THE Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) ‘00

AND I GOT 5924 ON THE BEGINNER COURSE (FORWARD) WITH THE SKYLINE GT-R VSPEC N1 99:sly:

Last edited:
Scores and standings updated. :)

Last post of the day for me. I made some more formatting changes and have everything working smoothly. Now, time to go to bed before I fall asleep at my computer. :indiff:

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST GOT 16554 ON Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo
Very nice - that's going to be tough to beat. So far I haven't been able to even touch 15,000 on that track.

Scores and standings updated. :)

Last post of the day for me. I made some more formatting changes and have everything working smoothly. Now, time to go to bed before I fall asleep at my computer. :indiff:

Very nice - that's going to be tough to beat. So far I haven't been able to even touch 15,000 on that track.

it was extremely difficult:sly:

Updates! :D

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 8,384 - Toyota Supra RZ '97 (Gonna try and get more!)
Infineon Raceway: 14,580 - Toyota Supra RZ '97
Fuji Speedway 90's Forward: 10,163 - TVR T350C '03'

f meaning forward and r meaning reverse

beginner course(f)-6557-nismo skyline gtr r tune 99
citta di aria(f)-8292-Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) ‘00
suzuka circuit east course(f)-10588-mercedes benz sl amg(r230)04
Seoul Central (f)-4117-nissan option stream 04
Twin Ring Motegi West Short Course(f)-5663-nismo skyline gtr r tune 99
Motorland (f)-9459-nismo skyline gtr r tune 99

ive not tried very well on these tracks. i could easily do much better

Points and standings updated. :)

I added a few new tracks as well (Sarthe old and Fuji 2005) to help out bowie's drift event efforts with the event generator.

Aye Taff!

New scores for me:
Laguna Seca - 12033 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Valencia - 17340 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Ice Arena (F) - 14983 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Ice Arena (R) - 16187 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Tahiti (F) - 32910 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Tahiti (R) - 35696 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Motorland (R) - 9632 - Saleen S7 '02
Citta Di Aria (R) - 9244 - Dodge VIPER GTS '99
Costa Amalfi (R) - 13992 - Dodge VIPER GTS '99
Cote D'Azur - 11352 - Dodge VIPER GTS '99
Chamonix (R) - 29923 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Grand Canyon (F) - 30232 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
High Speed Ring (F) - 8062 - Saleen S7 '02

:)

Last edited:
Quick update to my scores;

Infineon - 14077 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Seattle (F) - 13547 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Seattle (R) - 13930 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Seoul (F) - 6754 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77
Seoul (R) - 5321 - Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77

2010-Chevrolet-Camaro-Synergy-Special-Edition-440x268.jpg

:)

Last edited:
A big thankyou to everyone here who has contributed their scores and to Taffey for doing such a great job compiling them. I have made use of this hard work in the latest version of the event generator. Which now sets gold, silver and bronze targets for drift trials based off the highest scores at the time of writing. For those who are interested you can find out more about v12 in the thread below.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124125&page=3

Thanks bowie! Glad to contribute to the advancement of your killer app. :)

Scores and standings updated. And on a side note... The Stratos '77 rally car really is excellent - I've never tried it before. Aside from being well balanced it seems to get more "drift credit" around corners. Maybe because it's MR?

Back