GT Planet Member Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 786 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are good!
I only managed to do a 56.086 over lunch.
I'm having fun, though.

I just wish that PD will release an update posting your time online.

Oh, well..... this will have to do.

great job, guys.

psp88, if you don't mind when you have the time just to take a picture of your time with a notecard with you screen name. thanks!

Oh it's on like donkey kong!
:grumpy:

OH! You better believe it my friend. ;D I'm sure we're pushing the gtr to it's limit to get our times and it's just a matter of time before we correct the flaws in our laptimes. Btw I'm using the analog as well. :]

quick update before I head to bed. please make sure you read the bottom of the first post on page 1. the 2 new cars for challenge 2 are posted!

my humble entry... :)

Attachments

• IMG_0417_.jpg
    IMG_0417_.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 18
I got a 55.5 something with all assists off, R3 tires and pro physics. I have no idea how some people are getting over 1 second quicker in such a massive car... Monsters...

I'm an elitist, I'll never ever use standard physics ever. XD When using it it just feels like the car is on rails.

I don't know about the GTR, but it's really not a very good car. I'll try a few laps with some TCS turned on tomorrow and see how that works out.

I'm an elitist, I'll never ever use standard physics ever. XD When using it it just feels like the car is on rails.

I don't know about the GTR, but it's really not a very good car. I'll try a few laps with some TCS turned on tomorrow and see how that works out.

I use pro physics as well.
my time improved when I turned off TCS.

meh after an hour of trying, I still can't break back into the 54's. I keep hitting super low 55's. yeah I don't think TCS and ASM will help with the Skyline.

"pro physics"

That's the problem

Well, this seems very troublesome to me. I think the next round of these time attack challenges should allow only one physics mode (and obviously, I feel that mode should be Professional).

I've been running this challenge on Pro, manual, and no assists. I put it on Standard physics for the hell of it, and two laps later I beat my former time by exactly one second:

639dd339.jpg

Now I know that looks fishy (being that my previous best was 0'54.991), but I saved the ghost and can record it when I get home.

If both modes continue to be allowed, I think separate leaderboards should be posted for each... that only seems fair. And there's a very easy way to validate which mode was used. Every contestant should save a ghost replay, and when providing the picture, they should use the Replay Load screen rather than the Recent Events screen, like so:

Pro lap:
3715dd5a.jpg

Standard lap:
09d3dc05.jpg

Thoughts?

that 53.9 is mental....i managed to get to 55.5 on pro and i don't think i can cut more than 0.3 secs off that. BTW, how do you insert photos?

It would be nice but there isn't anyway to find out if each user is using professional. All times have been updated!

I received a message today about an idea after each challenge. Would you guys agree to post your settings if you win a challenge so others can learn? People who are actually competing right now in the first challenge if you don't mind sending me a message with your thoughts.

Also make sure you add your times if you wish to compete with us in the time attack challenge! tomorrow at 11pm PST is when the first challenge ends and at midnight on the 11th is when the second challenge begins. I have already selected the 2 new cars that will be used in the 2nd challenge. Toyota Trueno (S.Shigeno Version) and the Amuse S2000 Street Version. After doing some research, I believe I have found a great course that will test users to push the cars to the limit without spinning out in the first and last corner of this track!

It would be nice but there isn't anyway to find out if each user is using professional.
Not for the previously submitted times for this challenge... but as I posted above, if each person saves the ghost of their submitted times from this point forward, they can take a picture of the Load screen in the Replay section, which shows the physics mode used at the bottom for that specific time. :)

that 53.9 is mental....i managed to get to 55.5 on pro and i don't think i can cut more than 0.3 secs off that. BTW, how do you insert photos?
Thanks. :D As for inserting photos... it's been a LONG time since I joined, but I believe you have to get a certain number of posts to get out of the "New Member" phase in order to post pictures. However, you can always link to your pics... you could upload them to photobucket, tinypic, etc. and paste the direct link into your post.
Edit: scratch that, niigaki is a new member and he's posting photos. You'll just have to find a place to upload them (like the two listed above) and then within the post, put
and your picture will be shown.

Would you guys agree to post your settings if you win a challenge so others can learn?
I'd definitely be down with posting my settings whether I win or not.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the information for this first challenge. When I get home later tonight, i'll try to incorporate some of things listed from other members. From what other members have been asking for is keeping the Time Attack @ only on professional physics.

Here's the 0'53.991 lap:

It will be available in "high quality" when YouTube is completely done processing it... I recommend watching it that way.

Can't wait to see which track is next. 👍

I've been playing on both pro and standard but decided to do professional only for here on out. Took me a little bit to play more realistic again so here is my official professional time. If I can beat this one I'll make sure to save the replay and upload it.
Photoon2009-10-09at18052.jpg

I'll update this more today but I gonna get some sleep. I'm taking out the 2 car idea because its gonna get confusing. So to update for tomorrow's challenge, only car that will be used will be the Toyota Trueno (S.Shigeno Version) and at 11pm tonight i'll introduce the new course for challenge 2.

FFS!!! I just bought that s2000 to compete in the challenge!!!

Are you really planning on changing the rules every 20 minutes?

Every 20 min lols the 2 car idea was announced like a day ago besides the s2000 is cheap and that car will probably be used later on

Just yesterday I read this thread and it said to have an s2000/ae86 handy so I played a few races and an hour later I could buy it. Then this morning I came here to post about how im stoked for the new time trial only to find out that the car got pulled from the program.

I already have the spoon s2000 and the lm race car, the only reason I would want this car is cause its in the challenge I also spent an hour playing races just to get 1 of the 2 cars to show up.

I still say they make 3 divisions. FR, 4wd and MR or FF.

Well I am taking suggestions from all the members.

The Amuse S2000 Street Version car will be used in the 3rd challenge.

Also I do like the idea for 3 divisions, I apologize for all the editing. Trust me after this first season is completed, i'll have things more organized and set in stone. Since this is my first time trying to organize this, please bare with me.

Also ploopsy, your complaining about me changing the rules but yet I don't even see you posting times ?

Last edited:
Also Challenge 1 ends TONIGHT at 11pm PST. It looks like GTP is two hours ahead of PST. Anyways make sure you get your times in before the deadline, if you post after 11pm tonight, your time will be DQ. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back