GT Planet Member Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 786 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's the end of Challenge 1. Thanks to everyone who entered.

The results will double checked in a few minutes. In the next few minutes, please review the first page for your results and points. The next track will be introduced in the following 5 minutes. Thanks again!

Congrats to Glubags for placing 1st in the first challenge. Challenge 2 will be on Suzuka East Course / Forward with the Toyota Trueno (S.Shigeno Version). Please don't buy the regular Trueno because the power different is pretty huge. This course and car setup will take a lot of skill to master with feather the accel and making sure you can keep your car stable enough to score a low time. You may choose which type of physics you would like to use but please note that after this first Time Attack season ends, Season 2 will push for Pro Physics only. Good Luck to all!

Did a run earlier and clocked the fastest Pro physics lap ^_^ and a little while ago I was able to do another lap but slower and recorded a replay of a slow 0'54.864 lap :\

Picture001.jpg

BEFORE WATCHING I advise you to turn down your volume. The sound that was recorded is quite loud. So sorry about that.:yuck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSHBHraoIt4

Sorry it's not embedded. It doesn't want to work. :[

Challenge # 2

IMG_0496.jpg

[youtubehd]ue0MtUJpOZs[/youtubehd]

0'56.560 with Professional Physics. I think the music is just right, some of you might know where its from. Also I am trying something new this round, I am using my Playstation 3 controller and trying to play to get a better result. So far its working quite well.

Last edited:
What's up guys! I'm a little drunk at the moment, and much to my fiancée's chagrin, I decided to throw down a time for the new challenge instead of going to bed right away. Niigaki--GREAT choice on the courses so far--they're quick and to the point... slim margin for error... exactly what I like. Losing even a few thousandths of a second on tracks this small could mean the difference between winning and losing.

I went to take a picture of my replay screen, but I realized the car's name is so long that all of the information won't fit there, so I backed out to the XMB, selected Saved Data Utility in the Game category, then hit Triangle on my replay save data and selected Information. Scrolling down allowed me to display all of the pertinent info:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDEtMjAwOTEwMTEtMDQ0O.jpg

Uploading the replay soon!

Also, Niigaki, I envy you for having a PSP Go at the moment... the Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to use the DS3 would be a HUGE advantage to me right now, lol... but unfortunately I only have a 2000-series PSP... which had been gathering dust for over a year before this game came out. :lol:

Edit: Replay uploaded:

Last edited:
is it required to upload the replay on youtube?

Glubags, don't drink & drive ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 21
I'd like to know...am I the only one spamming my days to get the required car for the challenge?
Maybe we could have an early list of all the cars to be used so we can get it as soon as it appears. It would be a drag to advance 69+ days because the car to be used for the challenge appeared yesterday.

Lol thanks NLxAROSA, the embed codes I was getting was super long lol. Just woke up and broke into the 55's stock so I'm happy ^_^ btw it says 892 not 802 xD.

Photoon2009-10-11at0923.jpg

Hopefully I won't be at the Little Italy Food Festival to long ;D

i didn't expect people to actually attack the times this fast. Please make sure to make a new post everytime you update your time, just makes it faster to double check and update the first page haha. nice work guys, looks like I have to try to break into the 55's today.

@glubags, I don't think you need a DS3. your still beating all of us in points at the moment, maybe you need some more alcohol

EDIT - times have been updated as of 9:41am PST for challenge 2

Just did a couple more laps and got a 0'55.654 lap. K got my hands on a camera

IMG_0499.jpg

Could you start taking pictures of the other screen(s)? Either the Ghost Replay load screen or the Recent Events screen. The screen you pictured doesn't actually show which track you were on. :cheers:

What's up guys! I'm a little drunk at the moment, and much to my fiancée's chagrin, I decided to throw down a time for the new challenge instead of going to bed right away. Niigaki--GREAT choice on the courses so far--they're quick and to the point... slim margin for error... exactly what I like. Losing even a few thousandths of a second on tracks this small could mean the difference between winning and losing.

I went to take a picture of my replay screen, but I realized the car's name is so long that all of the information won't fit there, so I backed out to the XMB, selected Saved Data Utility in the Game category, then hit Triangle on my replay save data and selected Information. Scrolling down allowed me to display all of the pertinent info:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDEtMjAwOTEwMTEtMDQ0O.jpg

Uploading the replay soon!

Also, Niigaki, I envy you for having a PSP Go at the moment... the Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to use the DS3 would be a HUGE advantage to me right now, lol... but unfortunately I only have a 2000-series PSP... which had been gathering dust for over a year before this game came out. :lol:

Edit: Replay uploaded:

How did you get that car to stick the first turn in gear 4 like that? (yuotube video @ 0:24)

How did you get that car to stick the first turn in gear 4 like that? (yuotube video @ 0:24)

Watch my brake and throttle input. If you start from the outside edge, you can begin turn-in just after the white stripe of paint crosses the track, and brake LIGHTLY without downshifting, then give the car a healthy squirt of throttle when you pass the first apex... this gets you through the first part of the corner rather quickly and sets you up with a good entry for the next.

Also, if you watch a lot of my videos, you'll notice that I'm off the throttle in many turns, just coasting through until it's time to lay into it. Throttle application in pro mode must be very careful and deliberate. If only the buttons were analog. :crazy:

Watch my brake and throttle input. If you start from the outside edge, you can begin turn-in just after the white stripe of paint crosses the track, and brake LIGHTLY without downshifting, then give the car a healthy squirt of throttle when you pass the first apex... this gets you through the first part of the corner rather quickly and sets you up with a good entry for the next.

Also, if you watch a lot of my videos, you'll notice that I'm off the throttle in many turns, just coasting through until it's time to lay into it. Throttle application in pro mode must be very careful and deliberate. If only the buttons were analog. :crazy:

any suggested tune settings? I can sort of stick the turn in gear 4 (and the rest of the track in gear 3 lol)

Im still struggling @ 56.744

any suggested tune settings? I can sort of stick the turn in gear 4 (and the rest of the track in gear 3 lol)
If you accelerate through that first part of the turn in 4th gear at all, you should be doing so in nearly a straight line, then brake and downshift for next tighter apex when you're nearing the outside curb between the two parts of the corner. As for settings suggestions, I'll just post mine below.

I just recorded my fasted non-drunk lap time, lol. I could make up time in the first and last corners, and maybe through one apex of the esses... maybe a tenth or two.

Ha I forgot it doesn't show and ghost replay cuts off your physics selection so I'll take a new pic when I get home :]

lol, yeah, I have to back all the way out to the xmb and take a picture of the information screen for the ghost replay file to see everything:

Lap:
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDItMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQ0N.jpg

Settings:
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDMtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQ1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDUtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQ1N.jpg

Saved the ghost replay, so I can upload that later if you guys want. Right now I've gotta go shopping for Halloween stuff! :D

are people having trouble with this car and track challenge? seems like we lost a few people from challenge one. the thing that makes me wonder is why aren't there more players? this thread has hit over 2300 views since I started the TA Challenge few days ago. Don't be shy people, its great competition and the members so far that are racing are very friend and helpful.

I think its the difficulty of acquiring the cars to be used.
Personally, I had to forward X number of days to purchase the Trueno.
The Nissan GT-R 09 is a popular car so I guess everyone had it in their garage.

I understand that, I actually pushed over 250 days now trying to get certain cars. took 80days just to get the Bugatti Veryon haha, now I am just saving for the Ferrari F1 car but I wish PD would let us know if we can still transfer our data from GT5P because if that's the case then I won't need to pursue this and I can pick up some of the JGTC Nsx's and Supra's that I really want in my garage haha.

I have a hunch it won't since the whole GT>GT5 is one of their main selling points for GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back