GT Planet Worldwide Member Time Attack Challenge Season Two

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 598 comments
Don't know if I should do 6 boring Veyron/Test Track races per in-game day or just drift around a rally track for several hours.

That's a tough one. On one hand, the Test Track is super boring... but I imagine that drifting on the same track for hours on end would be pretty damn boring too!

Considering that you can complete 2 laps on the Test Track with the Bugatti in 3'20 (and get 150,000 credits for that), the time investment would be shorter. I guess you could always do some drifting and some Test Track farming in an attempt to add a little variety.

Or, better yet, go online (considering that you can take your PSP online with Ad-Hoc Party or XLink Kai) and have someone trade that vehicle to you for a Citroen 2CV! If the trading partner has the ability to use CWcheat codes, then they'd have no problem giving up an F2007 as they can easily buy another. Just a thought!

because the F1 is the most expensive car to buy for this season, you won't see it till the final challenge.

HAHA, too bad you didn't know anyone with a 2nd PSP Glubags. I farmed out 31 million before Season Two with my brothers PSP. Veyrons are so boring to drive lol.

High 1:59s as of last night.
Playing WRC with my friends wrecked my GT handling.

What are the rules again with two tires on the rumble strip & the other two on the green part? Is that fair play? Or should it be two wheels on tarmac & two on the rumble strip?

I went a few tenths into the 1'56s with a slight off... should be able to pull a 1'56.8xx on a clean lap with no offs. Did a 1'56.9 already, clean, but couldn't save the ghost because of the previous faster lap with the 4-wheel rumble strip ride... at that point I realized I wasn't going to get a clean lap faster than that, so I restarted to be able to save the ghosts again, and now I'm stuck on 1'57.0xx.

Gonna watch The Hurt Locker with my fiancée and then get back to this with clear head/fresh hands.

I'm still stuck at 2:03:00 laps.

I have all aids turned off as well. Will it help if I turn some on or not ?

Be careful what aids you turn on or your time may not qualify.
I suggest you read the rules first.

We ran this track last Season 1.5 with the AE86.
You can review the replays there & study the lines.

As for me, I do better with all aids off for this car.

Edit:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3650372&postcount=1

See Challenge #5.

I have to agree with psp88 as well. As most players that have been running time attacks both on GTPSP and GT5P, running with no aids is actually gives the player most control and you aren't restricted. Then again if you can run with TCS and such with fast lap times then hats off to you.

Argh! I had a perfect lap going... 55.1xx first split, 1'24.6xx second split, should have been a 1'56.5xx but I dropped it on the second to last turn by braking a hair too lightly and running way too far wide on the rumble strip. Wanted to toss my PSP into the garbage.

Anyway, my hands hurt and this one is decent enough (but still far too much sliding out of the corners):

Click.

Replay file attached below.

Youtubed it:

I might come back to this tomorrow for that 1'56.5xx... but for now, done!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E09.zip
    53 KB · Views: 11
I just placed an order for two analog sticks as my current one (this is my third) is about to die. When I move in any direction and release it back to center, it continues to move slowly in the direction I first moved it. It kind of makes it difficult to steer! Also, moving the stick isn't smooth at all - it feels like grinding two pieces of rough concrete together. The sad thing is that I have to wait until Jan. 28th for my order to arrive!

Through it all, I was still able to get a 1'59.5xx... though I've now hit 'the wall'.

I'm quite surprised that you put up your ghost already Glubags. Time to copy your line HAHA! :ouch:

Ok Niigaki... time to play judge and jury on Valencia again, since I couldn't leave that 1'56.8 alone.

I just ran what I thought was about as perfect a lap as I could pull off... from the roof cam perspective... but then I watched the replay, and this happens while exiting the second corner:

gtpsp_ontheline.jpg

Outside edge of my left rear wheel barely passes the white line for about a tenth of a second. :irked: Lap DQed?

The 'third person'/chase cam view might give a better perspective. The above shot is hard to definitely say if the rear left tire is over the line or just barely touching it. That's a close one!

After reviewing it, I would say that your fine:tup:. To be honest, it's not like the shortcuts that a certain member was taking during last season.

Thanks for the quick response. 👍

This'll be my final time... really! lol. I've had enough of this track/car combo. Definitely looking forward to the next one. :)

Click.

Edit: Youtubed. Little math here: This lap includes my fastest 2nd and 3rd sectors. I previously only knew my best first and second sectors from a lap I screwed up near the end, which were splits of 55.1xx to 1'24.6xx. This lap's second sector is a 55.3xx to 1'24.7xx, so even though my last split here is 1 tenth behind my fastest last split, I started at a 2 tenth deficit and finished at a 1 tenth deficit, so this 2nd sector is actually my fastest by a tenth. If I could run a first sector of 55.1xx followed by the last two sectors in this lap, my lap time would be 1'56.2xx. Theoretically, that's my fastest obtainable time. With my nerves, that'll never happen. :lol:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E00.zip
    53 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I just placed an order for two analog sticks as my current one (this is my third) is about to die. When I move in any direction and release it back to center, it continues to move slowly in the direction I first moved it. It kind of makes it difficult to steer! Also, moving the stick isn't smooth at all - it feels like grinding two pieces of rough concrete together. The sad thing is that I have to wait until Jan. 28th for my order to arrive!

Through it all, I was still able to get a 1'59.5xx... though I've now hit 'the wall'.

Why not reward yourself & get another PSP?
I think your PSP is telling you to replace it. :lol:

Stuck at 1'59.

EDIT:

Looks like I messed up my save files. :banghead:
I think I overwritten it with a fast dirty lap.

Last edited:
I'd love to get another PSP, but it isn't financially feasible. After the basics (food, shelter, electricity, heat, etc.), I have to help pay for my fiancee's Gleevec (super-super expensive) and child support. If I had spare cash, I'd buy a new pair of shoes instead. Or maybe I'd get internet service - I use my neighbor's unencrypted wifi signal! LOL

I believe that's the European/PAL version. We've had quite a few competitors with that version in the past.

And hey, no one is ever too slow! This series is all about setting goals, learning, improving, setting new goals, learning, and improving even more. It's really great to see new competitors no matter what their skill level may be. I can guarantee that if you stick with this, you'll be MUCH faster by the time the season is done. What's great is that the techniques you learn here with the pro physics and S1/R1 tires can be applied to any Gran Turismo game... or any sim racer for that matter. In fact, I think GTPSP's inherent drawbacks (lack of analog brake/throttle for one) really push you to be smooth and consistent, and it pays dividends in sim racers with much better control interfaces.

These challenges have also sparked some interesting discussions, so I hope you continue to compete/contribute. :)

And hey, no one is ever too slow! This series is all about setting goals, learning, improving, setting new goals, learning, and improving even more. It's really great to see new competitors no matter what their skill level may be. I can guarantee that if you stick with this, you'll be MUCH faster by the time the season is done. What's great is that the techniques you learn here with the pro physics and S1/R1 tires can be applied to any Gran Turismo game... or any sim racer for that matter. In fact, I think GTPSP's inherent drawbacks (lack of analog brake/throttle for one) really push you to be smooth and consistent, and it pays dividends in sim racers with much better control interfaces.

Couldn't have said it any better. 👍👍
I for one have improved & learned a lot.

Just feel free to ask.
You'd be surprised that many are willing to help.
:cheers:

Back