GT PSP Bugs and Glitches

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 132 comments
United States
PA
FredzyN2
I couldn't find a thread on this, so here it is. I've run into a few glitches, wondering if anyone else has experienced these or any other significant bugs.

*edit* After a few months of people playing, GT has turned out to be fairly glitch free. Below I compiled any glitches etc. that are actaully annoying or could otherwise cause someones heart to race, if not temporarily.

It is clear that there is a lot of graphical breakdown evident in the game but I would consider this a hardware limit that PD was OK living with. I won't list things that I consider minor (although we still appreciate people pointing the stuff out) like exhausts being on the wrong side, vehicle description mix-ups and the clock being worng (PM 00:35 doesn't exist.) Read the wole thread if you're interested.

***No known differences in glitches between UMD and download version of GT***

Me - I thought there was a glitch where some cars still say "0 in collection" after you buy them, but was alerted to the fact that the color you buy counts in whether you have the car or not. Yikes. So there are technically like (850 X average no. of colors) cars in the game - probably a legit count by PD's standards.

Me - After crossing the line in a race, the AI sometimes doesn't take control of the car and either you need to keep controlling the car, or crash. Doesn't really matter but can be a surprise.

Me - Rounding a bend at speed with other loud vehicles very close, your engine noise will sporadically mute. Very annoying, happening a lot.

Me - Ad-hoc garage glitches. See https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3716051&postcount=84

Me - Often, AI laptimes do not post up after they cross the finish behind you.

newnikita - When you excede 99 laps in drift challenge, credits show 9,999,999 but you still recieve the actual amount you were supposed to earn. May be for select courses/cars. Happened with S. Shigeno Trueno on Motorland and a Lancr EVO on Cathedral Rocks III. Didn't happen with an Impreza on Grand Canyon.

Nauraushaun - Joystick failing to work until cycling through the views. D-pad worked. Happened with Veyron.

NLxAROSA - Vehicle tune settings not saving properly.

Last edited:
1. After buying a car, it still says "0 in car collection" at the dealer. The TVR Cerbera Speed 12 and another TVR did that, and maybe a few others. TVR came up for the second time in the dealers. When I saw the Speed 12 I was like "ah, didn't I buy this already?? 0 in collection, nope." So now I have 2 thanks to the glitch.
Just for clarification: you know that the number of "cars in collection" involves the color of the car, too, right?

Just for clarification: you know that the number of "cars in collection" involves the color of the car, too, right?

He probably does. This happened to me as well. I checked my collection before buying the duplicate, but it's annoying all the same.

For me it was the '71 240Z with the G nose... HS30 designation I believe. The white color (champion white, grand prix white, something like that) is what I originally bought, and when the car came up in the dealership again, the same color shows "0 in collection"... not sure what makes this happen. Only a handful of cars show up twice in the cycle, but the 240 is the only one to give me this problem so far.

It happened twice, so I think is a proper bug:

Drifting in Driving Park Motorland with a Toyota Sprinter Trueno (S. Shigeno Version), after more than 99 laps and with about 600.000+ Cr earned. The credits number suddenly changed to 9.999.999.

But don't smile yet, because when I exit the race, the money I got was the "real one" (600.000) not 9mk ^_^

I don't know if the bug pattern is the track, the car, the laps... I'm not enough patient to make it three times.

- At every course you start in 4th position, except Test Course where you start in 3rd.

- You can control your car after the race on Test Course (?) only.

- If you do not immediately rev before the 3-2-1-Go section, the game does it for you. If you do rev, the sound matches to your revs instead of the CPU revs.

2. A bug that doesn't matter, but if there were damage it might. After crossing the line in a race, the AI sometimes doesn't take control of the car and either you need to keep controlling the car, or crash. Just a funny one.
That happened to me once or twice.

I've had a joystick issue. My stick usually works fine, but for some reason with the Veyron it doesn't always. I've had instances where, from the start of the race, the analog stick won't work and I have to use directional buttons.
The really strange thing is that if I rotate through all the views it starts working fine. :P

One time I thought I hit a major glitch/error, lost all game control. Then I realized that I switched the PSP power button down to 'hold' hah. Big hands/sausage fingers.

i found in driving mission I-5 with the 1969 Corvette

if you watch the demonstration the car in the video does not even get the gold, only silver. its not really hard to get gold..the demo just does not show it!

Ah yes, driving missions. I know there were a few questionable things worth mentioning here, but I can only recall one.

On mission N-1, the bane of my GT PSP experience, the demo shows the player passing the CLK-GTR in the last corner - going into the grass a bit and nudging the CLK. I got to that point 50 times, and every time I would fail from hitting too much grass, or more commonly the contact with the CLK. Sometimes the contact was so light at such slow speeds, I figured there was some glitch where any contact failed you. Then I passed him on the 3rd turn after banging into him pretty good and won it. Ridiculous.

It happened twice, so I think is a proper bug:

Drifting in Driving Park Motorland with a Toyota Sprinter Trueno (S. Shigeno Version), after more than 99 laps and with about 600.000+ Cr earned. The credits number suddenly changed to 9.999.999.

But don't smile yet, because when I exit the race, the money I got was the "real one" (600.000) not 9mk ^_^

I don't know if the bug pattern is the track, the car, the laps... I'm not enough patient to make it three times.

Same here, after lap 99 in Cathedral Rocks III in a Lancer Evolution right as I hit 400,000.

With all the Glitches that everyone is going through, could it be down to downloading GTPSP or having the UMD. Will that make a difference or none at all.

I ordered GTPSP from Amazon Oct 9th and it still has not been dilivered yet, I have given them until today for it to come as they are usually very good at delivering in short time periods but the UK Postal service are going through stikes over pay and hours delaying everyone's mail. But if the game does not come today I will be calling them to cancel the order and i will buy it from the Playstation Store or go and buy one from the shop.

Please come today!!

With all the Glitches that everyone is going through, could it be down to downloading GTPSP or having the UMD. Will that make a difference or none at all.

I ordered GTPSP from Amazon Oct 9th and it still has not been dilivered yet, I have given them until today for it to come as they are usually very good at delivering in short time periods but the UK Postal service are going through stikes over pay and hours delaying everyone's mail. But if the game does not come today I will be calling them to cancel the order and i will buy it from the Playstation Store or go and buy one from the shop.

Please come today!!

Hmm good point. I'm using UMD, probably most likely to experience glitches since it would be printed with them. But I have a feeling any glitches are universal. And just go buy it at the physical store!

Another glitch I found: every once in a while after I cross the line and the race finishes, it won't post the AI opponents times on the leaderboard, even when you know they're only a few seconds behind and you see their little dots crossing the line on the map. I think the times post after you get back to the menu. Happened on trial mountain a few times, autumn ring, maybe elsewhere.

Hmm good point. I'm using UMD, probably most likely to experience glitches since it would be printed with them. But I have a feeling any glitches are universal. And just go buy it at the physical store!

Another glitch I found: every once in a while after I cross the line and the race finishes, it won't post the AI opponents times on the leaderboard, even when you know they're only a few seconds behind and you see their little dots crossing the line on the map. I think the times post after you get back to the menu. Happened on trial mountain a few times, autumn ring, maybe elsewhere.

Well I decided to cancel the order and bought it Last Night and have had the same thing happen when it comes to the AI and their times not showing up on the leaderboard. But in saying that I was always so far ahead that the AI did not have enough time to cross the finish line. Enjoying it so far and I'm happy about the selection and amount of tracks that are in the game. 👍

I will bring this over from my thread but this is another I have experienced

the other night when playing GT PSP on the PSP go I suddenely started to experience werid automatic camera changing I.E one moment with a rear camera view then the next with a bonnet cam which I had not pressed the button for.

But this has not happened since.

the other night when playing GT PSP on the PSP go I suddenely started to experience werid automatic camera changing I.E one moment with a rear camera view then the next with a bonnet cam which I had not pressed the button for.

This happens to me all the time, but I'm pretty sure I'm accidentally hitting rear-cam view button since I have it set as UP on the D-pad. But yea sometimes I'd swear I wasn't touching that button - the camera just seems to fritz out.

I set the L and R buttons to down and up shifting, no way I can deal with using the D-pad to shift.

What i dont understand is this game has been in development for a very long time. and made by PD witch,i believe has very high standards when making games..so how come there is even 1 bug in this game at all ..like full GT5 i expect 0 bugs or glitches because of how long the game has taken.. right? :nervous:

What i dont understand is this game has been in development for a very long time. and made by PD witch,i believe has very high standards when making games..so how come there is even 1 bug in this game at all ..like full GT5 i expect 0 bugs or glitches because of how long the game has taken.. right? :nervous:

All games are going to have some bugs. I'm not worried about GT5 at all because it can be updated.

During a tight and close race on my PSP-2000 my Home button screen kept coming up mid-race and asking if I wanted to quit the game. It nearly cost me the race because I kept having to move my thumbs to turn it off so I could see. My best theory, because it only happend in a set of tight turns, is that I was actually flexing the unit just a bit and making the button touch the sensor. I managed to replicate it only once by trying that. It hasn't happened since I have started forcing myself to use a more relaxed grip.

You haven't played any past Gran Turismo titles have you? The series has been known for interesting, but non-gamebreaking, bugs. Improper HP conversions, completion being unable to hit 100%, breaking through the walls on certain tracks, etc.

Like those, the things I have experienced so far and see noted in here are not game breaking issues.

And as noted, all games have bugs. In Uncharted I could make Drake jump over a crate against a wall and he would go through the wall and come out in the next room. Small things happen in all games. Ned for Speed: Shift has(had?) bigger issues.

it isn't quite a glitch but i didn't know where to make my observation... :)
did someone else notested that the white lines alongside track appears right before your eyes?
you can see the line being built as you cruise a really long stragiht like fuji and if you look back you'll see them diseapearing as well
funny thing :dopey:

did someone else notested that the white lines alongside track appears right before your eyes?
you can see the line being built as you cruise a really long stragiht like fuji and if you look back you'll see them diseapearing as well
Yes, I have seen it on Le Sarthe.

I think these things are just the game demanding too much of the PSP, like artifacts. I notice it a lot, like breaks in the track where you can see some light.

I've noticed tuning settings are not always saved properly, despite the game actually performing a save. It appears to save some properties, but not others. Still not sure when the settings disappear exactly, but I have had this happen several times. So, until I know the exact logic behind it, I'll just keep my tunes in a spreadsheet.

I've mentioned these before, but here goes:
Cars like the BMW Dell don't have a rear view mirror....but yet.

Also, in rally races when you are kicking up dust, the rear view mirror shows no dust at all. As a matter of fact, it shows exactly how close your rivals are to you. However, when you throw the camera back, you can't see the foggiest because all you can see is dust that you're kicking up. Glitch!

There are numerous instances where the racing lines go wonkey also. Sometimes it's the blue line, sometimes it's a yellow line or white line. Whatever the color line, there is discontinuity in some frames and it goes choppy. I've noticed this on the N'ring, the high speed ring, the test course.

It happened at Nurburgring for me. I had a car right on my bumper so I know he crossed the line.

Back