GT PSP Bugs and Glitches

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 132 comments
Hey urm Guys,
I think its just me but sometimes,
When I'm buying cars,
I look down to see that side scrolling bar that indicates that stats for each car and,
Its it me or does the number of 276BHP is the favourite amount of power of every car I know?
Like the Subaru dealer, almost all the Scoobys shows up with 267BHP
Like I bought the Impreza STi Spec C '04 shows 276BHP then when I bought it,
It has 322BHP.
Almost a ton of cars on the dealer has this statistic.
Its really buggering me :<

I mean 276*

That's because Japan used to regulate the max hp of its cars to 276hp (around this figure)

Allot of cars however were rated at 276hp, but made a bunch more. The R34 for instance was rated for 276hp, but when put on a Dyno they make around 310hp.

Japan doesn't have this regulation anymore and they can produce much more powerful cars, like the 470hp GTR.

Oh really?
So what you're saying,
PD when it comes to buying the cars, It follows the documentation for the Car Makers then.
Then when to real life, we're following the dyno tested power.
Is that what you mean?

Oh really?
So what you're saying,
PD when it comes to buying the cars, It follows the documentation for the Car Makers then.
Then when to real life, we're following the dyno tested power.
Is that what you mean?

Not really. In real life what the manufactuuer puts on paper is irrelevant, weather they SAY 276hp or 300hp makes no difference if the car makes 310whp on a Dyno. That means the car makes 310hp @ the wheels. This is the ONLY relevant hp number for OWNERS.

I want to know how much hp my car Actually has.

Japan manufactures HAD to either make cars with a MAX of 276hp, Because the Japan Government said, they CAN'T Make cars with More hp. Or could They still built cars with More hp, but they had to lie about it. Saying they have 276hp no matter what they actually make.

PD does a good job trying to mimic reality.

If you noticed in previous GT Titles PD would do the same things as The manufacture. Take the R34 for instance again. The marked hp number when buying the car is not the same as the hp number of the car once in your garage.

The same goes in GT PSP

Grab a R34 and when buying the manufacture will spec the cars hp at 276hp BUT after you buy it and check the HP from your garage (virtual Dyno baby) The R34's make closer to 328hp (depending on the model/edition, V-Spec's usually make a bit more then others around 331hp, etc)

It was like the "Gentleman's Agreement" all the German manufacturers have about limiting the top speed of their cars to 155mph.

I don't know if this is a glitch, but why does all JGTC/Super GT GT500 cars have only 400-ish HP? In GT2 The JGTC Supras were making 600+ HP and the R34s were pushing 700 HP. Did PD mess up back then, or does the rules in the real-life series actually change so the horsepower limit is now stricter?

BTW, if you guys think GTPSP is loaded with bugs and glitches, you've never played GT2 :D: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15316

I think you're wrong, GT500 cars were always around 480/500 HP ;)

Maybe you confuse them with some fantasy versions :)

I thought so too, but in GT2 the JGTC cars (actual ones like the Castrol Tom's & Denso Sard Supra, Calsonic & Pennzoil R34) had way more than 500 horses. So when I saw the lowered HP in GTPSP I was kind of shocked. Guess it's just another one of PD's goof in GT2...

Are you guys forgetting that you could add performance parts in those games bumping up the HP from Stock trim?

Remember the LM cars breaking over 1000hp and doing wheelies to 390mph?

They didn't do it Stock...

You couldn't engine tune racing cars in GT2. Maybe with cheats. I wish you couldn't do in the other games but thats beside the point at the moment. But from GT3 on they have allowed tuning of any cars.

Yeah the GT500 cars had the wrong power figures. Also all the GT-Rs were still classed as 4wd when they are infact FR. The GT300s in GT2 nearly had the power real GT500s have.

You couldn't engine tune racing cars in GT2. Maybe with cheats. I wish you couldn't do in the other games but thats beside the point at the moment. But from GT3 on they have allowed tuning of any cars.

Yeah the GT500 cars had the wrong power figures. Also all the GT-Rs were still classed as 4wd when they are infact FR. The GT300s in GT2 nearly had the power real GT500s have.

Its been a while.

I remember boost controllers in GT1 god I miss that. (On regular cars)

Looking at the Cars in GT2 they are prefixed as GT(J) cars and not GT300 or GT500.

GT300 is restricted to 300hp & GT500 is restricted to 500hp.

They are NOT allowed the power of the 99 GT(J) cars from GT2 have when you buy them, some touching over 700hp

That is NOT "the power real GT500s have" at all, when GT500 is restricted to 500hp. Its 200hp too much.

I guess GT1/GT2 just gives you unregulated power right out the box, where GT3 & GT4 make you do the upgrades to get the unregulated power.

If you look at the Toms Supra it makes 670 when you buy it (Meaning Unregulated power) However if you brows the info on the car it states that when racing in the GT series it was making 470 to keep with regulations. (No mention of GT500, but that's irrelevant as the car was making less then 500hp when racing)

Last edited:
Every cars with carburator have a cutoff on the engine. A carburated car should stop revving at Xrpm and stay there, not skip at that point.

Its been a while.

I remember boost controllers in GT1 god I miss that. (On regular cars)

Looking at the Cars in GT2 they are prefixed as GT(J) cars and not GT300 or GT500.

GT300 is restricted to 300hp & GT500 is restricted to 500hp.

They are NOT allowed the power of the 99 GT(J) cars from GT2 have when you buy them, some touching over 700hp

That is NOT "the power real GT500s have" at all, when GT500 is restricted to 500hp. Its 200hp too much.

I guess GT1/GT2 just gives you unregulated power right out the box, where GT3 & GT4 make you do the upgrades to get the unregulated power.

If you look at the Toms Supra it makes 670 when you buy it (Meaning Unregulated power) However if you brows the info on the car it states that when racing in the GT series it was making 470 to keep with regulations. (No mention of GT500, but that's irrelevant as the car was making less then 500hp when racing)

Yeah its 500 PS not 500 BHP. That works out to about 470/480 BHP.

The exhaust flame from the Ford Falcon XR8 V8 Supercar (despite the looks, great handling) is coming from the wrong side :D

139.jpg

The exhaust should be on the left side but in GTPSP it's on the right side.

Last edited:
when you load the game from the PSP menu, you have all the warning at the beginning, there is a caution for epileptic and they said for more info check your PS3 manual

This is not a glitch or bug, but a strange error. In one of the challenges, Jay Leno calls the car a VW W12 Nard, and it says the same thing in the text. It might be Leno just pronounced it wrong, and in order to make him not seem like an idiot, they changed the text. But that makes them look even dumber. Maybe it was a typo already, and Leno just read it as it was written. It's hard to figure out why an error like that would be made, but it's very odd, considering the Nardo was already included in GT4.

I wonder why that is?/? :crazy:

The same with the Toyota Corolla Runx (Sportivo in Aus). I own one of these in real life and the exhaust is on the right, however in GT, its on the left....
Not sure what the reasoning is behind it. I'm also pretty sure there was a few evo's i encountered to have the same flaw.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU:
I was in the Veyron racing 3 Citroen GT's @ New York (not in reverse). Usually @ the end of the 2nd straight coming into the 1st 90 degree turn on the course, the GT's crash hard into the wall even on S level. One time, just once, the GT's slammed the wall really hard behind me, when I came around the next turn, ONE OF THE GT'S WAS SITTING STILL AROUND THE CORNER!!!! It was really spooky. the car was behind me, it slammed into the wall & then was all of a sudden ahead of me around the next corner. It didn't say I was in 2nd place at any time either even though the GT was ahead of me but didn't start moving at all until I rounded the next corner after it was out of my sight. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE???????? btw I love it when you finish the race and the AI doesn't take control of the car. I usually turn around & ram the car behind me if he's close enough (even on S I sometimes get way ahead depending on car and track).

One that's been happening more and more... maybe the PSP1000 I'm using?? Def not the headphones:

Rounding a corner at speed with tires squealing, if an opponent comes close to my car, usually caddy-corner to it, my engine noise temporarily mutes. Very glitchily. It's screwed me up even, really annoying.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU:
I was in the Veyron racing 3 Citroen GT's @ New York (not in reverse). Usually @ the end of the 2nd straight coming into the 1st 90 degree turn on the course, the GT's crash hard into the wall even on S level. One time, just once, the GT's slammed the wall really hard behind me, when I came around the next turn, ONE OF THE GT'S WAS SITTING STILL AROUND THE CORNER!!!! It was really spooky. the car was behind me, it slammed into the wall & then was all of a sudden ahead of me around the next corner. It didn't say I was in 2nd place at any time either even though the GT was ahead of me but didn't start moving at all until I rounded the next corner after it was out of my sight. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE???????? btw I love it when you finish the race and the AI doesn't take control of the car. I usually turn around & ram the car behind me if he's close enough (even on S I sometimes get way ahead depending on car and track).

Perhaps it hit the wall so hard it slipped into another dimension?

One that's been happening more and more... maybe the PSP1000 I'm using?? Def not the headphones:

Rounding a corner at speed with tires squealing, if an opponent comes close to my car, usually caddy-corner to it, my engine noise temporarily mutes. Very glitchily. It's screwed me up even, really annoying.

Yeah, I had this happening to me a few times. Usually with cars that has loud exhausts like the LMPs or the F2007. It's like the game can only project engine noise from one car at a time.

A pretty annoying glitch I've been forgetting to add.. it's a bit confusing so:

Only tested over ad hoc party

Playing ad-hoc race, say you just turned on the PSP, started GT and select garage 1.

Your buddy sees it, connects and you play.

Then you quit, and your buddy or someone else starts a garage, let's say they pick garage 3.

You look at the garages screen. Garage 1 is erroniously the only one showing activity.

You choose garage 3 anyway and it says it's empty and asks if you'd like to host. If you do, things may or may not get more screwed up.

If you choose garage 1, sometimes it will take you to your buddies garage (was supposed to be 3) and sometimes it will tell you it's empty. Then it may take you to your buddies garage or make you a host, getting screwey.

Even if everyone exits all the way back to menu and comes back to ad-hoc, this still ooccurs. Resetting the PSP's gets things back to square 1. It's OK to deal with when everyone knows what's going on, but 50% of the time someone doesn't and there's confusion.

Perhaps it hit the wall so hard it slipped into another dimension?

lol that's what you would think lol it was really weird that it happened. It hasn't happened since but I should have saved the replay so I could've watched that car & what happened to it. I don't know why I didn't think of saving the replay. I wish I did bcuz it seems to be a very rare and cool glitch

-> On the description of the C1 Covette, it contained the SST Concept's desription. :confused:

Yes, I just noticed that recently as well. I can only hope there aren't more like that.

Oldest Corvette in the game (1951 I think). The specs are for the Chevrolet SST Truck.

Mod: sorry please delete I didn't see the post directly above mine.

The F12007 front wheels don't spin.

Last edited:
^ Putting R3's is your own choice. You do want it to be challenging don't you ? ;)

I agree, the type of AI cars you are sometimes put up against is strange to say the least.

Back