GT PSP Bugs and Glitches

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 132 comments
It happened at Nurburgring for me. I had a car right on my bumper so I know he crossed the line.

I mentioned before that the times 'might have' shown up on the leaderboard after the race. But in all the cases where happened to me since, I realized that the times did not show up at all so..

It's not a big deal though, because to me the AI times dont count at all. The whole rubber band thing means that the car the AI drives and their laptimes can be ignored completely, just finish ahead of them.

PSP 3000
Track: Sarth Old
Car: GNX of course... ;-) (To lazy to try other cars, may try later and edit this post)
View: Interior
Glitch: The straight right after Mulsanne, lots of shearing and tearing on the display.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Circuit_de_la_sarthe_rev12_enlabels.svg

Track: Any
Car: Any
View: Bumper cam
Glitch: Very obvious and distracting tearing & shearing at the bottom left & right of the display. It varies from track to track & car to car and driving vector, but it's pretty regular.

The catalog description for the Silverado SST Concept is used for the Corvette Convertible '54. This may also happen for other cars, but I'm not sure.

GNX
PSP 3000
Track: Sarth Old
Car: GNX of course... ;-) (To lazy to try other cars, may try later and edit this post)
View: Interior
Glitch: The straight right after Mulsanne, lots of shearing and tearing on the display.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Circuit_de_la_sarthe_rev12_enlabels.svg

Track: Any
Car: Any
View: Bumper cam
Glitch: Very obvious and distracting tearing & shearing at the bottom left & right of the display. It varies from track to track & car to car and driving vector, but it's pretty regular.

Are you talking about the large white triangles at the bottom corner when you're driving? It looks to me like some of the mapping was missed on the track when they were rendering the 100% model. I'm surprised a glitch this big wasn't caught by QA or QC before final issue of the game. It's pretty glaring. :dunce:

@twinace: Yes, that's one of the glitches. I still find it quite distracting. You'd think that after close to a month of regular play I'd get used to it. :-)

It's even worse from the internal view on the Sarth as I posted.

GNX
@twinace: Yes, that's one of the glitches. I still find it quite distracting. You'd think that after close to a month of regular play I'd get used to it. :-)

It's even worse from the internal view on the Sarth as I posted.

Yeah GNX, there aren't avenues that I'm aware of where we can report bugs to Sony and they can update and patch these games up for us. Considering it took them 5+ years to develop this game, I would have thought that it would be perfect and without flaws. Oh, was I ever mistaken.
GT PSP is probably the one game that I've purchased with the MOST flaws in it EVER. From car bibliographies, frame by frame errors, duplications of the same car between Europe and America (like what's the point? I don't need that many Miata's/MX-5's) to errors with driving lines and lanes.👎
It really comes off as Sony waiting for the technology to develop, take the GT4 disc and run it through a compression algorithm to create GT PSP. A game like this may have been impressive 3 years ago but they are in my books long overdue and I was looking for way fewer short comings.

2. A bug that doesn't matter, but if there were damage it might. After crossing the line in a race, the AI sometimes doesn't take control of the car and either you need to keep controlling the car, or crash. Just a funny one.

It happens to me everytime I play in cockpit view, not sure about other views as I only use cockpit and Chase.

I just drove on the test course in the Veyron...

...now flat out on the straight it won't hit 250mph...

I am sure that you can draft to get it, so I was trying that when I hit a Citroen in the bumper on the straight...

...here is where the odd thing happened. I started speeding up despite the fact I was bumper to bumper with the citroen. I pushed myself and the Citroen up to 252mph :)

Now I am sure that I should not have been getting the benefit of the draft whilst pushing the other car from behind! But I guess that is the first time that at Citroen has ever been 252mph

...here is where the odd thing happened. I started speeding up despite the fact I was bumper to bumper with the citroen. I pushed myself and the Citroen up to 252mph :)

Now I am sure that I should not have been getting the benefit of the draft whilst pushing the other car from behind! But I guess that is the first time that at Citroen has ever been 252mph

Yup :) I tried the same thing some time ago. If you "boost" a slower AI car by pushing it with your car, for some very odd reason the AI's following behind you can reach the same speed for some unbeknownst reason. You can try moving away from their predetermined racing line and they won't be drafting you but they will somehow maintain that magical new top speed. :D

I just drove on the test course in the Veyron...

...now flat out on the straight it won't hit 250mph...

I am sure that you can draft to get it, so I was trying that when I hit a Citroen in the bumper on the straight...

Now I am sure that I should not have been getting the benefit of the draft whilst pushing the other car from behind!
This is bump drafting in GT. You can do the same thing in Prologue.

As for the other cars going past their redline...well, I don't know. Do it with the same cars and you won't find it quite so odd when you bump draft another Veyron up to those speeds.

This is bump drafting in GT. You can do the same thing in Prologue.

As for the other cars going past their redline...well, I don't know. Do it with the same cars and you won't find it quite so odd when you bump draft another Veyron up to those speeds.

As for bump drafting I hit 259 in the Veyron today doing that :) Which is QUICK...

Also not so much a glitch as something to wonder if they will ever look at and that is Petrol:

I cite Top Gear as my source which says that a Veyron at top speed has petrol for around 17 minutes of running...enough for about 13 laps :)

I wonder where my Veyron gets its magic petrol from???

Hmmm....

Noticed a lack of car control of the AI in New York. I took it on in a ZR-1 only to look into the exhausts of three Veyrons as my opponents - thanks Kaz! :ill:

Anyway, I noticed that they constantly missed the braking zone coming up to the first right-hander on the back straight. And I do mean miss, as in massively slamming into the wall. All three. Every lap. Taking everything with them that might be in their way, such as a ZR-1 braking properly for the corner. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Noticed a lack of car control of the AI in New York. I took it on in a ZR-1 only to look into the exhausts of three Veyrons as my opponents - thanks Kaz! :ill:

Anyway, I noticed that they constantly missed the braking zone coming up to the first right-hander on the back straight. And I do mean miss, as in massively slamming into the wall. All three. Every lap. Taking everything with them that might be in their way, such as a ZR-1 braking properly for the corner. :grumpy:

Yea I've seen that, but there's always been spots like that in the GT games. I remember some good times at Laguna Seca in GT2..

This one endurance race, all but a few of the opposing AI cars were basically having a demolition derby after the corkscrew. After dodging it for a few laps, I was so far ahead of anyone I joined in for a few secs and helped them on their way.

I also think bad AI driving is related to bad shift indicator numbers. MY BIGGEST PEEVE of ALL GT EVER, not just PSP is when the gear indicator light starts to blink too late. Especially after straights like on Fuji, Tokyo or New York. If it comes on too late, you're dead. I used to not really need it but with so many cars and so many tracks it's just priceless.

MY BIGGEST PEEVE of ALL GT EVER, not just PSP is when the gear indicator light starts to blink too late. Especially after straights like on Fuji, Tokyo or New York. If it comes on too late, you're dead. I used to not really need it but with so many cars and so many tracks it's just priceless.

Aren't you just missing the braking point yourself?

I noticed a glitch today which I haven't seen before.

I was playing GT at 12:40pm today and i noticed the clock in the bottom corner said 'PM00:40' instead of 'PM12:40'. Weird considering 00:40 could only be AM.

Only a minor glitch I know, but I just thought I'd point it out.

And before anyone asks, yes the time on my PSP was correct. When I pressed the HOME button, it said 12:40 in the top corner.

Another one of the car catalogues I noticed was wrong is the Lexus IS200 GT1 Race Car (anyone know where that car came from? I don't know because I can't read the catalogue information because its wrong.) It actually has the information for the JGTC Mobil 1 NSX!

Aren't you just missing the braking point yourself?

Right. But like I said, with hundreds of different cars and dozens of tracks, I sorta get to rely on the gear indicator for certain turns I don't know like the back of my hand. I'm not as hardcore as some...

^^ ;) I experenced the same thing as you on the New York track. From GT4 I knew I had to brake already, but I also rely sometimes (or many) on the gear indicator to blink and then brake.

Yeah, it's a subconscious thing. Because it's in red and flashing it's hard to ignore, even if you try. It becomes really obvious when you try a car like the Citroen GT, which has no gear indicator (no gears ;)).

I have long ago learned to ignore the gear indicator. I don't remember if it was added or part of the series from day one, but it is rarely correct, and if you come in hard or at an odd angle it quickly switches what gear it thinks you should be in.

I will often notice that I am taking a corner faster/at a higher gear than it is indicating.

I never paid attention to the gear indicator until I was learning the Nurburgring in GT4. Then I realized how handy it was for tracks like Fuji and Motegi - tracks I don't really like or run on a lot that have a few elusive braking points. It's not very accurate but it has certainly kept me from leaving the road many times.

The Gear indicator is so unreliable :) there are certain corners that it appears very early (even if you don't slam on the brakes) and times it appears very late.

I like to ignore it now but must confess that when I was "learning" on GT I used it all the time.

A lot of my faster times usually see me go to a lower gear with higher revs on the engine (I think I probably over brake in High Powered cars).

I am not sure it is a bug/glitch...

Costa Di Amalfi (reverse), first corner of lap @ end of start/finish straight, the AI can easily become stuck at this and the next corner if they crash into outside apex wall (insufficient braking or shunt).
lol, i had two of them stuck at the first corner and other at second, drove nearly whole lap before two of them managed to free themselves, third was still trying to negotiate corner when i came past on second lap..

Same here, after lap 99 in Cathedral Rocks III in a Lancer Evolution right as I hit 400,000.

I have heard of that, but when I did 100+ laps of Grand Canyon in an Impreza, it didnt happen to me. I think I did about 100 laps, and had 2 million drift points when I stopped, done without the glitch.

[QUOTE ]

I was playing GT at 12:40pm today and i noticed the clock in the bottom corner said 'PM00:40' instead of 'PM12:40'. Weird considering 00:40 could only be AM.

And before anyone asks, yes the time on my PSP was correct. When I pressed the HOME button, it said 12:40 in the top corner. [/QUOTE]

I had that exact same experience today, except at around 12:01. I dont know if it stayed at 00: for the entire hour, because I had a lesson, but I just thought that I had forgotten to change the clock.

Last edited:

And before anyone asks, yes the time on my PSP was correct. When I pressed the HOME button, it said 12:40 in the top corner.

I had that exact same experience today, except at around 12:01. I dont know if it stayed at 00: for the entire hour, because I had a lesson, but I just thought that I had forgotten to change the clock.
I don't know if this counts as a glitch. I have seen it too and didn't give it a thought because it isn't using a 24 hour clock, so it doesn't matter. Both 12:00s show up as 00:00.

If we could put the sometimes sub par sounds of the GT series in the bug/glitch area this is one i would like to add :)

The Mazda 787B incar noise is much to low (almost silent), one of the real drivers got problems with his ears because he drove it so much: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Volker_Weidler&oldid=256082825 (in the newer version it's deleted)

Possibly related to the hours spend in the noisy Mazda, Weidler began to suffer from an ear problem (sensorineural hearing loss) which eventually forced him to retire prematurely from the Japanese Formula 3000 Championship during the 1992 season though Weidler was leading the championship at that time.

Poor guy :D

If you increase the HP on the '03 Impreza WRC is doesn't go up in percentage but just 1 HP at the time :dopey:

So you can only add 20 HP.

[edit] Usually i don't encounter bugs in GT but it's hard to avooid them with this game 👎

If i select the Audi RS4 for a single lap S race and i put on some R tires it goes to S3 tires when the race is loaded.

Last edited:
I have seen a few bugs/glitches in GT PSP so far.

Biggest thing yet is the Ad-Hoc speed glitch where a car doing 250 km/h can overtake a car doing 300 km/h. ((see this thread)

Also this two cars
Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car
Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car
are 2 identical cars. But the Fairlady has 609 hp while the 350Z has 500.

It might not be a glitch but I dont that they save the latest game mode, car and track when you're starting a new game. If you just played the dirt drifting and you want to play a regular track race. You won't be able to pick a race car until you've changed the track. It would be better with 1. Select Mode 2. Select Track 3. Select Car. Instead of all mashed together in a big pile.

Also this two cars
Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car
Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car
are 2 identical cars. But the Fairlady has 609 hp while the 350Z has 500.

It might not be a glitch but I dont that they save the latest game mode, car and track when you're starting a new game. If you just played the dirt drifting and you want to play a regular track race. You won't be able to pick a race car until you've changed the track. It would be better with 1. Select Mode 2. Select Track 3. Select Car. Instead of all mashed together in a big pile.

I think the Fairlady/350Z LM should have been at 500hp to begin with, making it a GT/GT2 class car. They should do the same with the Camaro Race Car. But that's just my opinion.

I actually noticed another case of this power difference between same cars although on not such an extreme scale: The Mazda 6/Atenza touring car. The 6 has 306hp and the Atenza only 297. Also it says in the info that this car is FF. However in the specs its 4wd.

Also, not so much a glitch, I noticed that they've changed the stickers on the Toyota GT-One. They're Exxon ones now (I think) instead of the Esso Ultraflo ones on it normally. With the exclusion of the Esso Ultraflo Supra from the game aswell that leads me to believe they didn't bother to get/keep the licence for Esso Ultraflo for this game. Which is a bit stupid. But they maybe had no choice with it?

Back