GT-R Official Record (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
I had a quick stab at this and got about 8:45. including several spins and scrapes along the walls and grass. Would you recommend learning the track or learning to handle the car with those tyres first?
And is there a good A-spec race to practice with? I'm considering the Real World Circuit seasonal, even though I'll come last every time and it's the 24h version of the track.

The most important thing at the Nordschleife is knowing the track.
You need to know in which direction the next corner is going.
After that you can optimize your line and knock down the time.
Best practise is doing as many laps as possible. Just take the GTR and try to get drive a clean lap. Be slow at the beginning and raise your speed from lap to lap.

got a 7" 25.5 on my second attempt. ABS 1, everything else off

there's still is room for improvement, but ill take it.

this is a fun trophy, because its a great car. We need more challenges like this :)

I know the track fairly well, but haven't had a chance to use the GT-R much. I attempted this trophy last night. Only tried 3 laps though and ran a best of 7:38.xxx.

Saved the Ghost replay. Will try to beat this soon.

Manual Shifting, all assists off except ABS 1. DS3 Controller.

As of last night i can now say that the trophy is mine!:)

did it after 3 or 4 laps testing with the trajectory line, and then tried the record run with no line.

Ended up doing a 7'28.993s and i think i can go a little faster if i can concentrate harder on doing clean racing lines, probably a 7'26s or maybe a little less.

Did it with DS3, no aids except ABS1, a steering at +5 and AutoShift.

Good trophy but not really a great chellenge since i'm not a GT expert

Wow, some crazy fast drivers on here. Dan you are a freak! that is an incredible time. My quickest time is currently 7.29.306! Arrrgh so close it hurts! I do have the ghost car replay to help me pace myself for further runs though. I might try and put in a few laps today.

09202011571Copy.jpg

DS3
ABS 5
SFR on
Steer Sensitivity 3

Went a bit off track once so there's room for improvement. Will give another shot soon. :D

My current record with a stock 2007 GT-R is a 7:22, but I think I can go easily under 7:20, just done 3 attemps at it :)

Can someone provide the split times for the 7:27 / 7:28 times? i can't get under 7:30 :(
Edit: Time to beat: 7:29.03, my record: 7:29:04 🤬 🤬 🤬
Edit: Finally beat it with 7:25:57 :D
I loved this challenge!! I wish there were more!!

Last edited:
Last thing I did on GT5 before switching to F1 2011 was to attempt this for about an hour. Don't count myself as a bad driver and thought I knew the ring enough, but I still had about 15 seconds to find (8 of which I managed by turning SRF...) Could probably do it with some more practice, but I already feel close to the limit :s

I got it after about 45 minutes of practice today. Had TCS at 1, SRF on, ABS at 1 and My initial time was 7:36.921. I drove T1 very hard and ended up over 1 second ahead on my flying attempt. T2 I pulled ahead to 3 seconds (due to my 7:36 having a sand trip). I kept building a gap to up to about 8.9 seconds when I had an off between T8 and T9, dropping my gap to 8.2 seconds. I wasn't aware if the official time was 7:27.xxx or slower but I was gunning for a 7:27.xxx and when I crossed the line I didn't know that I had beaten it because I thought I was less than a half second off. Thankfully I didn't know or else I would have probably messed up. This was time well spent.

Just pulled out on my 2nd lap a 7.28:510 using a DS3 with MT and ABS 1 turned on. I could've gotten it on the 1st try, but I lost control of the car rigth after the 2km straight, which made me pull out a 7.29:302

I got 7.24 with a DS3 three days ago, the first time I tried (13/2/11) I had a time of 7:39 :ouch: and I tried again and got the trophy and 7:24. I think that is a reasonable time imporvement ;).

Turned a 7:27.176 today after spending one hour today and about eight hours on Friday night/Saturday morning(!). I used a DS3 controller with ABS 1 and all aids were off including SRF. Steering is at the default 0 and the car was bone stock as far as brake bias and things such as that go. Track edge was set to realistic and damage was set to heavy.

In those nine hours or so, I only managed four clean laps because I would restart after every time I goofed. First lap was 7:34.xxx. Second lap was 7:30.4xx. Third lap was 7:29.697. Fourth lap was my 7:27.176. I think I left 1.0-2.0 seconds on the table for using a DS3, but I've personally had enough! :)

Last edited:
I finally got around to this last week between the Monaco practice sessions... I had tried it a couple of times before but had aways been a few seconds off. For ages I had two trophies left, this and gold standard. The recent Nurb' TT got me interested again so I pushed myself through it. I actually noticed that someone on my friend list was using active steering; strong on that time trial and i couldn't touch his time. I'd never used it before so I tried it out and thought it helped.

My settings were;

Traction Control: 1
Active Steering: Strong
ABS: 1
Everything else off

After a couple of laps I managed to come in 6 hundredths off :yuck: ...The lap had a few mistakes at the beginning but trying to top it became frustrating. (I went a good hour - 2 hours of straight failing!) I'd find myself 1.5xx up by the Aremberg bridge with a good start but my ghost was just too clean from there to the finish. Eventually I pieced together a 1:28.002 so I was happy.

For some reason I put myself through that without even Golding the AMG academy events 👎 today I noticed I'd silvered every one of them with only gold on the very first. So I went through them all over the last couple of hours and they're now all gold. They seemed really easy after the GT-R trophy but I guess I should have done it the other way around. So now I have 8 Golds left for Platinum; 3 of the last Jeff Gordon events are still bronze, 2 Grand Tour silvers & the 3 Vettel challenges are bronze. hmph ...I'll get the Grand Tour golds next then hopefully the NASCAR ones then 'we'll see' about Vettel.

I've gotten this trophy 4 times now on 2 different accounts.

Actually 5 times because my PS3 froze once before it registered the trophy.

Sure, I back up my data now, but earlier (about a year ago) I believed the game was as stable as my other PS3 games.

I don't expect it to be to big a challenge, given that we dont have the fear of death when we go launching towards Flugplatz.

Lmao, made my day.

This is by far my favourite challenge.

It doesn't end with R35 for me. I like to how my lap times stack up next to all of the lap records.

FINALLY got this trophy with 7:28.579!!! (Tried about a dozen times last year without success, picked it up again yesterday and beat the time on my 3rd lap)

Victory Lap pic:

Click Thumbnail for full size

I remember that I had a lot of difficulty getting this, even having to resort to SRF. I recently had a joking go at beating the time in a friend's lounge and I got very close, or actually succeeded without using any assists at all. Proves that people do improve quite a lot even when they don't realise it.

I'm still trying to get this. 7.32 is my best so far which was a very clean lap and no SRF.

Edit: I think I have reached the limit of my talent. Or lack of :indiff:

Last edited:
Back