GT-R Official Record (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
I found ABS:2 and BB 7/7 helpful, ran a 7:24 pretty ugly followed by a 7:19.287, one of these days I'd like to give her a full-blown hotlap session.

I have been trying for this trophy too, and just cannot get there yet.

I am confident that I could achieve the trophy by leaving the default track grip level at "low". However, the real time was set on the real track, so I always adjust the grip level to suit. It does make a difference: being able to run over kerbs and use the edges of the track without being too tentative saves time.

Still, will keep on trying!

Come on, won the trophy today after a few tries. My best lap time was a low 28 without any assist except ABS 1. It wasn't a pretty lap, was skidding all over the place but didn't cut any corners.

But damn, love the ring but the GTR, it's awful, really hate it and I won't drive it again. I don't like AWD!:mad:

Up arrow make ghost invisible

Thanks ! Without the ghost I was finally able to get that trophy with a 7:279xx time! This was a lot harder for me than getting the Vettel Challenge trophy (Bronze on the 3 tracks).

With "SFR: On", it's easy.
But I probably could not do it without SFR, cause I'm using DS3.

the gtr is one of the most stable cars in the game, so it's not as punishing for a ds3 user as some of the other cars.

you just have to be patient and gentle with power delivery and then nothing too surprising should happen.

the gtr is one of the most stable cars in the game, so it's not as punishing for a ds3 user as some of the other cars.

you just have to be patient and gentle with power delivery and then nothing too surprising should happen.

Wow, I wish I had your GT-R when I was running this. Mine was one of the most unpredictable, schizophrenic cars I had ever driven. I never knew what was going to happen from one bump, curb, corner or correction to the next. If there was any overall tendency it was that it would attempt to spin completely around when I tried to turn any corner or let off the gas even a tiny bit, and then just slide slide slide with no steering, accelerator or brake control at all until I hit the wall whenever I tried to correct it. Maybe it works better with a DS3.

Wow, I wish I had your GT-R when I was running this. Mine was one of the most unpredictable, schizophrenic cars I had ever driven. I never knew what was going to happen from one bump, curb, corner or correction to the next. If there was any overall tendency it was that it would attempt to spin completely around when I tried to turn any corner or let off the gas even a tiny bit, and then just slide slide slide with no steering, accelerator or brake control at all until I hit the wall whenever I tried to correct it. Maybe it works better with a DS3.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it. Maybe it doesn't suit your driving style. However look around these forums and you'll soon see that the GT-R has a rep for being too boring and easy to drve.

I'd rather do the trophy on those tires in a GTR than a twitchy MR or something. Especially on a DS3 :P

Both the amuses and GT-Rs have the same super-grip and even when the back looses grip you don't have to wheel much to keep it in line. At least thats how it is for the majority. I bet its a night mare for some. Depends what you are used to I guess.

As said up: a MR is my biggest trouble to get a hold off while sliding.. They choose their own destiny when the tires give in..

I guess that's why racing is so great, to each their own. Give me a twitchy MR anyday, riding those nice even slides to the perfect point and then blasting out of the rest of the corner floored puts a smile on my face every time. The GT-R just left me scratching my head. It would turn in and start to spin like the twitchiest MR, but if I steadied it and waited for it to scrub a couple mph and regain traction it never would. So I'd correct, wrongly. :)

I think the car is designed to help overcome the tendency of AWDs to plow into the corners, but giving it better turn in just confuses me I think. It felt like it was MR into a corner, but 4WD out.

This was of course complicated by learning a new wheel with an extra 700 degrees of rotation, but I didn't have nearly the trouble with knowing what to do in most cars that I did with that one. It just seemed like everything I tried to tell it to do was the wrong thing, every time.

...............it's not as punishing for a ds3 user as some of the other cars.

Agreed. Once you get the hang of it, you know what its going to do.

I've been putting this one off for ages. Finally did it today though with a 1:26.XXX. (EDIT - 1:26.XXX??? i've gone mad. I meant 7:26.XXX)

After a few attempts with some swearing and knuckle biting, it was done.
I could easily better the time by 2 seconds + but, I probably won't try ever again.

I'm on a DS3, D pad (not stick), no aids (except ABS1), X & [ ] for accelerate & brake.

Last edited:
MuRRe
I have tried with both DS3 and then a little with a DFGT that I'm returning in (hopefully) favor of a T500rs.
(Please be gentle) My best time with DS3 is 8 minutes.
Gonna try again when I can decide which wheel im gonna buy.
I really like this challenge because it's in a stock car (right?) and it's a Nissan GT-R :)

8 minutes? What are you doing, stopping on the track and taking a nap? Ha ha

I did a 7:28,480 in third attempt, but didn´t receice the trophy! What´s going on there? :(

*edit*

do i have to be signed in into psn while i do the attempt?

Nissan GT-R 07. Sport Hard Tires - not even done oil change. Just bought the car and got on the track (arcade -> time trial) ...

*edit*

DOH!!! i didn´t use the "Arcade-Version", but my GT Life one. I think that´s the reason why i didn´t get it ...

*edit*

HAHA. Now it counted. 7:27,123. :)

Last edited:
BarronGeddon
However look around these forums and you'll soon see that the GT-R has a rep for being too boring and easy to drve.

Not sure if it tells more of said members than of the car :)

Not sure if it tells more of said members than of the car :)

I don´t like AWD cars too much, but the GT-R is a nice car to drive. Heck, I think i´ll even do another 10 Laps in Arcade with it, just to see how low i can go on the nordschleife. Think 1:25,500 or so is possible without too much effort. i did the 1:27,123 quite easily.

Was looking at the youtube videos of some of the fast times. Those guys were started braking very late.

I tried to brake at those guys' braking points and found that it was far too late and could not slow the car down in time to make the corner. It then dawned on me that if I also turned the steering abruptly at the same time as braking, which means using understeer tyre scrub to aid the braking, it was possible to brake that late. The front tyres were going red when doing this.

Would like to ask the experts - is this realistic in real life?

Was looking at the youtube videos of some of the fast times. Those guys were started braking very late.

I tried to brake at those guys' braking points and found that it was far too late and could not slow the car down in time to make the corner. It then dawned on me that if I also turned the steering abruptly at the same time as braking, which means using understeer tyre scrub to aid the braking, it was possible to brake that late. The front tyres were going red when doing this.

Would like to ask the experts - is this realistic in real life?

Yes, it's more or less realistic, athough somewhat risky. However, what is not realistic is that in real life you can do this only a few times, before the tires give up. In GT5, you can do it repeatedly without any bad effect.
Also, IRL such cars (notably the GT-R) have comlicated traction and stability control systems that are usually kept active to some extrent (usually there are a few stages). If such system is active, it will more likely prevent a dramatic situation like this (or can actually cause it in none high performance car, since ESP generally creates massive understeer, esp. under braking...)

P.S. Not that I call myself an expert.

Last edited:
Back