GT-R Official Record (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
I'm really losing confidence in my ability with this, first being 2 seconds behind the leader in an Arcade Tamora/Grand Valley East contest at another forum (1.07.6/1.09.6), and now I read here some have beaten the time even having spun. I'm still around 5 seconds off the pace absolutely driving the wheels off the car.

I've never had a problem with being a pad user in the past and in GT5 up until now, is a wheel really that much better?? I don't understand what I could be doing so wrong...

I've never had a problem with being a pad user in the past and in GT5 up until now, is a wheel really that much better?? I don't understand what I could be doing so wrong...

I haven't tried this challenge yet, so I can't really comment on it. But I switched from a controller to a DFGT 2 days ago, and IMO a wheel IS that much better. I hear a lot of people struggling to get used to a wheel, and say they're still faster with a controller, but for me it was the complete opposite. Im much faster and smoother with a wheel.

I'm really losing confidence in my ability with this, first being 2 seconds behind the leader in an Arcade Tamora/Grand Valley East contest at another forum (1.07.6/1.09.6), and now I read here some have beaten the time even having spun. I'm still around 5 seconds off the pace absolutely driving the wheels off the car.

For me the steering went a lot easier with the wheel ... but gas & brakes took some time to get used to (feet instead of thumbs) ... i played all previous edition with DualShock ..this is the first game i play with DFGT ... the combined braking and throttle is easier to combine ... where i used the right analog stick before ... (for braking and throttle)

I do think steering wheel adds a lot more controllll.... 👍

👍
Managed a 07:22.225
Seeing my splits a 7:19 - 7:20 would be possible

With driving aids or without? You guys gotta specify that.. It's a shame that on the licences and other events you don't get more cash or experience when you drive as realistically as possible, i'm always driving with everything off and with ABS on the modern cars, but someone can crank the Traction Control, ASM and stuff all the way up and get gold much easier.. it's stupid..

With driving aids or without? You guys gotta specify that.. It's a shame that on the licences and other events you don't get more cash or experience when you drive as realistically as possible, i'm always driving with everything off and with ABS on the modern cars, but someone can crank the Traction Control, ASM and stuff all the way up and get gold much easier.. it's stupid..

Im always faster with the driving aids turned off. The way TCS is implemented in this game, it will definitely just slow you down.

Yes, finally got it the GT-R Official record trophy in GT5. Did it in 7:27.932

Driving line assist on and abs set to 1. Rest was off

7:18 sounds like a bit of speculation. I've done 4 laps and I'm down to a 7:34. That's using a controller, leaving a bit to spare but a pretty tidy lap.

Curious to know how much corner cutting is involved for people getting these lightning fast times?

7:18 sounds like a bit of speculation. I've done 4 laps and I'm down to a 7:34. That's using a controller, leaving a bit to spare but a pretty tidy lap.

Curious to know how much corner cutting is involved for people getting these lightning fast times?

If you cut corners on this time trail your lap time will be invalidated, not to mention that touching the grass in this time trial would not have positive effects on your lap time.

After playing mainly Forza for years, it's almost like I need to learn the track all over again. The Ring is much harder in GT5. Slowly getting faster though, I'll get the 7:29 soon enough....

just got the trophy today. Managed to do a 7:28.xx with everything off except abs at 1 of course. It could've been a lot faster after making so many mistakes. But I don't know how I can pull it off in the low 7:20's...I think that's a remarkable time.

Apart from the fact that it would help, why is abs always set to 1 for you guys? I thought in real racing, there's no abs at all.

I've been attempting it with EVERYTHING off with a wheel and still no luck, haha.

Apart from the fact that it would help, why is abs always set to 1 for you guys? I thought in real racing, there's no abs at all.

I've been attempting it with EVERYTHING off with a wheel and still no luck, haha.

i play with ABS on 0, i do use a pedal set with force feedback in the brake pedal though and variable resistence as well, not convinced it would be easy with either a controller or with no resistence in the pedal?

I can feel when the car is going to lock up this way, although in saying that i actually put my RL car in the kitty litter at brandshatch 2 weeks ago so what do i know :dunce:

1 of the crew cleaning the car out, suffice to say they wernt happy :D

DSC04833.jpg

Okay I only did this once and my time was a 7:40 so my question is can you have mods to complete this and get the trophy? I was pushing this car to the limit it felt like and never got off of the tarmac.

Okay I only did this once and my time was a 7:40 so my question is can you have mods to complete this and get the trophy? I was pushing this car to the limit it felt like and never got off of the tarmac.

Yeah, put 2000hp and racing tires.. be smarter then everyone else.

In racing yeah, ABS is not allowed in most categories. But this is a road car and the road-going GT-R has ABS so it makes sense to attempt the record with it on.

7.27.194 :-D
Did 7.35 on first attemt.
Drive smooth, exiting the corner with maximum speed is more important then entering it late braking. But you must really know the track for this one!

Back