GT-R Official Record (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
7:27.5 no aids except abs=1

After which, I stopped in turn 1, closed my eyes, and envisioned dousing the car with kerosene and burning it to the ground.

Whereas alot of good sports cars respond to a smooth touch, rotating just enough as if to say "here you go, I want to accelerate out of the corner now", a stock GT-R seems to fight me all the way. I felt like I had just gone 12 rounds against Mike Tyson. And he bit me in the process.

Basically, I had to release the brake at turn in, and litterally throw the car into the corner, deep enough in that when I got back on the throttle there would be enough pavement left for the enevitable massive part-throttle understeer, and if there was another turn coming up quickly hope that the car would settle down in time to apply brake without the thing spinning or running out of pavement.

Just finished this challenge yesterday.
Got a 7:23.3 with only abs 1 and a DFGT.
Have to say it was an exciting trophy to get.

First time when i did this trophy I'll tried many times and barely escaped. 7:28:953

Three months later after platinum i did came back and i tried another run, this time i did 7:20:500 But final time is 7:14:918 My skill was fixed by entire 8 seconds!!! :drool:

...I obviously need *much* more practice. :(

Best lap so far is 7:24... in a GT-R with ALL upgrades, except Stage 1, 2, and 3 of engine upgrades, and Stage 1, 2, and 3 of weight reduction. o_O

You've got to wonder if some of these blindingly fast times have been done with SRF on... I'm at a 7:28 and that's a clean lap. There's a bit of time to be found but certainly not 15 seconds

It's definitely doable. You need a lot of time to get the perfect lap though. I managed 7:19.001 after a few hours of solid play so I'm sure there is more time there if you perfect everything.

After reading this thread yesterday, I thought I'd have a go.

Took me about 10 laps in all, 4 or 5 of those were clean. Can definately see how some people get better times, my replay showed quite a few mistakes.

There should be more challenges like this, very enjoyable :)

7:28.831 👍 Done with a DS3 (buttons), ABS1.

...I obviously need *much* more practice. :(

Best lap so far is 7:24... in a GT-R with ALL upgrades, except Stage 1, 2, and 3 of engine upgrades, and Stage 1, 2, and 3 of weight reduction. o_O

Try yourself a GT-R without anything besides changing brake bias and maybe some sports soft. Most likely your car has too much power and you can't handle it. Step back and take the car naturally and you'll probably lap faster because you don't have to manage an excess amount of power. And remember, with the GT-R DON'T countersteer unless you induce skidding by your self. Hope this helps you.

Hi there;)

Recently aquired a G27 wheel so I gave this a good shot today, managing (No SFR)

7'11.775

Lap was clean and with the correct specs, video below

^ That was a clean lap? It looked pretty untidy to me, all over the grass and quite a few mistakes... Are you sure you didn't have SRF on?

Somethings going on here, my best laps are much cleaner than this but I can't break 7:27...

It's clean. 2 wheels within tarmac/concrete is legitimate. SRF is off, although there's obviously know way of telling otherwise, many people have broken the 7'20 barrier, this time is realistic.

Last edited:
Sum1s2pid
GT5's improved sense of speed makes the Nordschleife all the more intimidating if you lack confidence / experience -- I see myself having a rough time. Nightmares of Mission 34 come flooding back.

:nervous:

Haha, ah mission 34 in GT4, you have to remind me didn't you?? It was the only thing i had left to do, to complete gt4 100%, and till this day i have not beaten it.

I tried this once and pulled off a 7:31. Has to be said, while it is perfectly doable and nowhere near the hardest challenge in the game, this is a harder challenge than I was expecting.

Might have to go back and nip this one though, i'd forgotten there was a trophy available for it.

Edit : Just watched Marks video, i will have to give this another go, i'm quite confused as to how you managed a 7.11, though your lap was cutting a lot of the the curbs and grass that I kinda trained myself against on Rfactor (driving over curbs there often means a spin off), are you sure you were driving on Sports Hards? that is a strangely fast time.

Last edited:
Slaloms in the licence tests were harder than mission 34...

I agree!

Though i spent a lot of time at the Nurburgring in GT4, so it was actually one of the easier missions for me.

The missions were the best part of GT4 though, now incorporated into GT5 licences, but not quite as epic.

^ That was a clean lap? It looked pretty untidy to me, all over the grass and quite a few mistakes... Are you sure you didn't have SRF on?

Somethings going on here, my best laps are much cleaner than this but I can't break 7:27...

It's clean. 2 wheels within tarmac/concrete is legitimate. SRF is off, although there's obviously know way of telling otherwise, many people have broken the 7'20 barrier, this time is realistic.

^^What he said ;)

Edit : Just watched Marks video, i will have to give this another go, i'm quite confused as to how you managed a 7.11, though your lap was cutting a lot of the the curbs and grass that I kinda trained myself against on Rfactor (driving over curbs there often means a spin off), are you sure you were driving on Sports Hards? that is a strangely fast time.

He's a strangely fast driver :lol:

I finally remembered to take a shot at this today. First lap I spun and clocked a (red) 7'32, second lap was a clean 7'21.xxx. It was a solid lap, but by no means spectacular. I can certainly see that it's possible to get another 10s out of it, but it would require squeaking a lot of tenths out of a lot of corners.

Abusing the curbs seems to be the trick, i gained atleast a second in the first sector (down to a 46.3, when in the 47s) when i started abusing them (previously I stayed inside the curbs and didnt touch them). This is still a difficult challenge, i'm not a big fan of how the GT-R drives to be honest, it does some unpredictable things at times and i've ruined a few good laps because of it.

After a few laps of this thismorning i popped a 7.24, and i had a few faster laps that i put the car in the wall or got the time disqualified (red). 7:11 does seem brutally over the top and i do suspect a sniff of SFR from the video. Though it does also seem that his first sector is in the 46 second range, which would suggest otherwise.

GT5 is quite forgiving about riding over curbs and grass even on the grip reduction "real". That said not all of the curbs in Nordschleife are death traps and some can be driven on even in real life.

Hi there;)

Recently aquired a G27 wheel so I gave this a good shot today, managing (No SFR)

7'11.775

Lap was clean and with the correct specs, video below

It's clean. 2 wheels within tarmac/concrete is legitimate

You have 4 wheels off white lines in inner turn at 45 sec . So lap isn't valid. But i agree you can be even faster than your time.

Laps as your teach us that there are some things in simulation that GT lacks especially hitting curbs and grass.

A fast lap. 👍

I can't imagine somebody driving like that in real life though. Pretty sure he'll only make it around a quarter of the track before his wheels are bent, suspension damaged, or hes unconscious on the airbag.

Latest Posts

Back