GT-R Official Record (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
A fast lap. đź‘Ť

I can't imagine somebody driving like that in real life though. Pretty sure he'll only make it around a quarter of the track before his wheels are bent, suspension damaged, or hes unconscious on the airbag.

Exactly :) When I say "clean" I mean clean as if it were a real lap, not clean as in it complies with Gran Turismo regulations.

Besides, I was referring to the handful of mistakes throughout the lap, not just the corner cutting

You have 4 wheels off white lines in inner turn at 45 sec . So lap isn't valid. But i agree you can be even faster than your time.

Laps as your teach us that there are some things in simulation that GT lacks especially hitting curbs and grass.

If anything is considered part of the track, its the rumble strips, and on the occasion you mentioned, 2 wheels were placed on such an area.

I tried this briefly with SFR on, and was like 2 seconds up on this lap after 3 or 4 sectors:crazy: Gonna have a proper run with it and see whats possible, I anticipate a sub 7'05.

Pesmerga7551
I wonder how hard this will be, I am terrible at this track. I honestly don't even like it much.

I was crap at this track until I did the 4 hour endurance race on it last night. I used the Audi Abt TT-GT and got it pretty dialed by the end.
Despite being 4 hours, it was way more enjoyable than the other, shorter enduros and the prize is well worth it.
Will be fun attempting this record too.
Kaffeine

Finally! After many many attempts, just got a 7:28.593. I need a drink :)

All aids off except ABS 1. Did it with a GT3 RS wheel with CS pedals. Congrats to everyone else who has done this. For me, this was tough and I'm glad to be done :)

I did a 7:30,3 yesterday :crazy:
My wife thought i was crazy as i was swearing in the couch.

I did a 7:29.2 once, i was not best pleased. Managed to pull it off on the next clean lap though. I always push too hard and do really well then stick it in a wall, did it once at the end of the straight just before the last corner i put wheels on the grass and lost it. Bah.

I'm not a huge fan of the GT-R on this track to be honest.

I did this the first time with a DS3 at 7'27.xxx but after setting up my wheel, I just managed a 7'20.538 with a few "OH S#!+" sections where I had to coast with wheels off to keep from spinning. What a blast! Hats off to the 7'11 tho.

Even though I'm pretty beginnerish, I really enjoyed watching my progression in this challenge. You know improving your time almost every lap by 0.200s over 7 and a half minutes is surprisingly fun đź‘Ť

I was using d-pad, only abs and tcs 3/4. Originally started out around 7:45-50, brought that down slowly to 7:31.5ish then was stuck. Eventually upped the controller sensitivity to +2or 1(not sure) and improved my time 2.5seconds, with the last third of the lap I got nervous after seeing that time improvement and the rest of the lap was driven very cautiously. Ended with around I think 7:28.3 somehow.

It would be cool if there was more challenges like this on similarly interesting tracks.

Finally got around to trying for this record a couple of days ago - DS3, with ABS 1 - everything else off.

First lap was invalid, but I decided to complete to see how far off I would have been and I was about 5 secs off the goal time. Second lap was fairly tidy and looking good, braked too hard into the last right hander and recorded a 7:29.05!!! Nooooooooooo! 2 hundredths out!

Was too gutted to do another lap, but I might try it again tonight.

I haven't bothered trying this until now. My first attempt with the DS3 was invalidated after I cut one of the corners by accident, but my second attempt was quick enough to receive the 'GT-R Official Record' trophy with a time of 7:25.311. I changed the TC setting to 3, but apart from that I didn't bother altering anything else on the car. Doing this challenge was actually quite fun though, i'd be happy to do it again so that I could try and beat my own fastest lap time.

Yesterday clocked 7:28:950 on my 1st try and got the trophy (sixaxis, all aids off, ABS 1, default brake bias).
It's perfectly doable, you just need to know the Ring well.
So far I think I got about 5000km on the Ring, pretty much know it by heart.
Love the track.

Woo Hoo.....Just got this after an entire night of trying with a 7.27.461

Man that's a fun challenge :) I really wish there were more of this type of challenge within GT5.

Can you actually do this with a fully tuned/upgraded car or must it be stock?

Read the trophy info.
The car must be Nissan GTR '07 in ARCADE mode of the game with SPORT HARD or lower grade tires equipped.

Not too difficult, I only wanted the trophy (don't care about bragging rights) so I used skid recovery and succeded on my third attempt.

I think the key for winning this cup is skid recovery force. I've just read, @bredita's post. After many laps my best time was 7.29.945..... then, I just turned on skid recovery force and my time is 7.24.593 - easy, It can be atleast 4sec faster with some practice.

IMO it's very difficult to beat that trothy without any assistanses and your time gonna be vert, very close to 7.29....

Last edited:
I clocked in 7:26.813 with a DS3, TC @ 1 and I admit, SRF. I can do 7:29.4xx without thought =P I actually quite like this challenge and car, more of this PD!

You can beat the 7:29 without SRF.

I found that carrying more speed into corners, coasting well through them and hitting the gas late after the apex helped a lot.

Or you can just abuse the curbs. Most corners can be cut (= putting a wheel on the curbs) which you wouldn't want to do IRL. This should net about 5 seconds at least.

Anyway I was great fun but to do this in real life, you must be a nutcase ;-) I have totalled about 5 times finding the fastest line.

Skid Recovery? Awesome, I'm going to have a go with that a little later on.
I've had a few goes but can't get better than 7:36.

My last few attempts have been with no aids at all in an attempt to unlock more speed but that left me doing a little worse, as mentioned by others I find it a handful under brakes sometimes.

On the topic of realism I think this is quite good as the GT-R of course has a very complex set of systems on it. When seeing this trophy the first thing I thought of though was the great deal of skepticism by other manufacturers re this time, particularly from Porsche.

Last edited:
Traction control - 2
ABS - 1
Controller Sensitivity - 0
Everything else - Off

About 2-3 acceleration input mishaps made, but my trusty DualShock 3 netted me a time of 7:28:991 and another trophy. đź‘Ť

The GTR is such a fun car to drive. đź‘Ť

Back