GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Hey all,

been a while but here's a new video :)

Onboard with my helmet cam from the 12 Hour race at the RedBullring.

Hope you enjoy :cheers:

As per usual, I have to ask what your thoughts are on the Hankook tires compared to some of the others you've raced on. It's a candid question because I think the sponsor-sensitive nature of motorsport never let's it get talked about too often.

Also, that is a fantastic mix of racing between you, the GT3's and that KTM X-BOW. That thing seems like it's got quite a bit of pace for it's class.

Last edited:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/04/25/test-program-begins-new-nissan-gt-r-gt3/

Nissan-GT-R-640x427.jpg

Not a fan of the switch if that is the case, but if Mercedes can get away with using an engine that's not available in the road car, might as well take advantage of it. Now ship those extra VR's to Australia for some Supercar action. ;)

Don't know why people hate on that (in general not here specifically). It's a cool and it's something that's been done in classes like this for ages. Glad that Nissan is doing something to make the car competitive. 👍 Engine aside, it looks more trim and better profiled, hopefully it can be a better car than the current version.

Though it would've been nice if they pulled a GT-R GT1 again... :D

Last edited:
Don't know why people hate on that (in general not here specifically). It's a cool and it's something that's been done in classes like this for ages. Glad that Nissan is doing something to make the car competitive. 👍

Though it would've been nice if they pulled a GT-R GT1 again... :D

Today, the gt3 are like the gt1...just look at the aerodynamic ;)

Im excited to see what will be the first four cylinder to compete in the class as far as I'm aware.

Ironic that its in one of the largest cars as well.

EDIT: Although really, where is Nissan hoping to homologate this 4 cylinder from? What cars of theirs have 2.0T engines? @R1600Turbo ?

As much as we can give dirty looks at BMW and Mercedes, they were at least using engines that have or had existed in production cars in their line up. Is Nissan pulling out an old SR20? Is this a version of the unfortunately named Renault F4RT?

Last edited:
GTE is more like GT1 actually (mid engine 911, low production Ford GT, ginormous diffusers), and GT3 like a super GT2. :P

Yes, but GTE doesn't allow for the glorious sounding V12s the Lambos and the Astons ran...

However, I do believe GTE lap times are approaching, if not, now surpassing GT1 lap times from a few years back, which is impressive, to say the least.

Yes, but GTE doesn't allow for the glorious sounding V12s the Lambos and the Astons ran...

However, I do believe GTE lap times are approaching, if not, now surpassing GT1 lap times from a few years back, which is impressive, to say the least.

I'm not entirely sure how much Silverstone has changed in the last seven years but there's this:

2010 FIA GT1 Young Driver AMR Qualifying results: 1:58
2017 WEC LMGTE Ford Racing Qualifying results: 1:56

Now, that could entirely be down to tire development and balance of performance, but it's safe to say that GT1, GTE and modern GT3 cars could all likely run very closely together if a light BoP was sprinkled on them and they had access to the same or similar-level of tires.

Wait, we still had GT1 in 2010? I think that was the year I started watching motorsports. All I know of GT1 is the Porsche, the Merc CLK, and the McLaren F1. What was it like in 2010?

The new GTR GT3 looks sleeker.

I approve. 👍

I take it they are aiming for fuel economy alongside aero improvement when downsizing to the 2.0L ?

Back