GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

I was thinking the same thing while catching up on this year’s Super GT season earlier in the week. Even better if the JAF GT300 Cars could compete (even if it were in the invitational class).

On a side note, I seem to remember the GT300 class cars being elegible for the Bathurst 24 Hour, none unfortunately showed up to either edition of that race. While I continue this Bathurst nostalgia trip, and I’m probably in the minority here, but I’d love to see the return of Mosler. I loved those cars.
I remember that car. I also remember when Greg Murphy was a driver in the C6, Wish a C7 would make a comeback. Any Chevrolet, actually.

Oh ok then. I stand corrected.

I haven’t really followed the TCR class prior to it being announced locally.
They're pretty quick too. GT4 speed. A Seat won the Spa 12H(this year or last year) over an AMG GT GT4.
The series in the USA looks good, with GT4/TCR running together.

The way this 12H is shaping up, it'll be another one I can't call. We can only hope the new safety measures in place, do their best to aid everyone on track.

Until your post, I never put two and two together with PM and Sirromet. :dunce:
FTFY ;)
Is there coverage of IMSA on Youtube or somewhere? That might be a series worth keeping an eye on next year.

I was half expecting Rick Kelly at first. :lol:
Paul Morris is just a meathead from a wealthy family & Rick Kelly is a legend in his own bath water from a wealthy family.

They both attract an equal share of blow flies.

Only just reading the article now. Boris Said as well? Boy, that Mustang isn't going to have a straight panel on it after 12 hours.
You're being rather optimistic, aren't you? Speculating that the Mustang will still be there 12 hours after the green flag ;)

The last time Boris made the trip out for Bathurst, he wobbled around getting in everyone's way. Combine that with Morris' standard of driving & I expect them to be packing up before the halfway mark.

So, BMW have pulled out of Aus GT?
For the last three seasons, Richards has campaigned a BMW M6 GT3 in Australian GT competition, but will not continue in the category.

“Things change. We had three great years with the BMW and BMW support, but unfortunately we couldn’t continue that,” Richards told Speedcafe.com.

Should have figured something was up when Richo and his M6 weren't on the B12hr entry list.

Last edited:
So, BMW have pulled out of Aus GT?

Should have figured something was up when Richo and his M6 weren't on on the B12hr entry list.
I'm not surprised really. They didn't exactly set the world on fire even when you take the Australian GT handicap system into consideration. Add to that the M6 coming to an end of its life, I suspect to be replaced by the new model as raced in GTE and the writing was on the wall.

They also didn't get any takers for the M4 GT4 program which I'm really disappointed in. No takers + no results = No BMW :indiff:

GT4 was soured for me once manufacturers like Audi and Mercedes started to use the same base cars for it that they use for GT3.

GT4 has been really quiet lately. It had that big, sudden boom and then just died all of a sudden. TCR may be to blame for that?
TCR feels like it's bringing back that era of Super Tourers(it could never be better than that era :) ). With that TCR post you put up, even more so.

Indeed. :lol:

That's a damn good driver lineup. Mercedes look really strong this year.
Agreed. Buhk, Gotz, Marciello, and then Lowndes, Wincup, and The Giz....GT3 masters vs rediculous levels of circuit knowledge, tough to pick a favourite :lol:

The BMW of Mostert, Farfus, and Tomczyk is a really strong lineup as well though. BMW got one over on Merc at Macau, let’s see who has the upper hand here (remember Farfus’s BMW was wicked fast on the straights at Macau...has there been new bop since?)

The Audi of Tander, Van de Linde, and Vervisch seems good on paper too.

Chiyo is back in a GTR, which is awesome, and even better he’s sharing it with Matsuda!! As a Super GT fan, I love seeing this :). I’d love to see Jann the Man get a shot at Bathurst one day too.

Scanning the entry list, I also saw Gordon Sheddon and Matt Neil are driving an Audi. Totally unexpected, but awesome!

Agreed. Buhk, Gotz, Marciello, and then Lowndes, Wincup, and The Giz....GT3 masters vs rediculous levels of circuit knowledge, tough to pick a favourite :lol:

Really is. :lol:
The Audi of Tander, Van de Linde, and Vervisch seems good on paper too.

The sister Audi of Mies/Haase/Winkelhock looks rather formidable as well.

Personally I'm hoping for either a Bentley or Porsche victory. The #912 Porsche looks pretty strong with Matty Campbell on board.

Glad I changed my mind about the TCR invite. Just looks like GT4 will be phased out at some point. So, I doubt they'd get the call. Plus, with that TCR Spa Enduro, TCR would do fine to headline their own race at the mountain.
The MARC CArs(which I do like), look a bit out of phase this year. 41 cars is down, but the field is all quality. No way am I game to pic a winner. I'll enjoy this one.

I just thought about this after looking at that black Porsche again....it’s almost a bit of a tribute to “Blackbird” from the Wangan Midnight anime series :P

IMG_6390.JPG

Latest Posts

Back