GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Quality lineup in the Walkenhorst entry. Little disappointing though to have only one BMW on the grid.

Could be a interesting race on Sunday if the weather report stays as it is. Has there been a wet race in the GT3 era of the 12hr? I can't recall.

Screenshot_2020-01-27 Elders Weather.png

The entry that got my attention was the #22 Audi with Tander, Mies and Bortolotti. Tander has had a lot of experience in the R8; he knows what he's doing and has raced on Bathurst many times. Mies and Bortolotti are two VERY fast drivers who are at the top of their game. I would seriously back these guys for the win. Followed by the Walkenhorst BMW and the 888 Mercedes.

Also, the board is back:
AdZhq3v.jpg

Last edited:
The entry that got my attention was the #22 Audi with Tander, Mies and Bortolotti. Tander has had a lot of experience in the R8; he knows what he's doing and has raced on Bathurst many times. Mies and Bortolotti are two VERY fast drivers who are at the top of their game. I would seriously back these guys for the win. Followed by the Walkenhorst BMW and the 888 Mercedes.

Know it's cliche thing to say but there's maybe as many as dozen cars, that are capable of winning. Its incredible how deep the grid is. Personally I'm finding it hard to look past both the #1 and #911 Porsche's. Fully expecting the #22 Audi, #888 Merc, the BMW and one or two Bentley's to be right up there as well.

Hope more Japanese teams can join next year. Especially Saitama Toyopet in the GT300 Supra. Just send them an invitation.

Hope more Japanese teams can join next year. Especially Saitama Toyopet in the GT300 Supra. Just send them an invitation.
If I recall correctly, GT300 care were eligible to enter the 24 Hour back in the day (although none ever showed up). So I say extend that invitation again. After all, they’re allowed to race at Suzuka for the 10 Hour race there.

Bring back the Mosler MT900R while we’re at it too.

Know it's cliche thing to say but there's maybe as many as dozen cars, that are capable of winning. Its incredible how deep the grid is. Personally I'm finding it hard to look past both the #1 and #911 Porsche's. Fully expecting the #22 Audi, #888 Merc, the BMW and one or two Bentley's to be right up there as well.
Yeah I know that it's an open field with soo many competitive cars, but the #22 Audi really got my attention.

I'll go off the radar and say the Big "Fonzworth" Bentley wins.

I'd love that, their luck has been rotten in recent years.

In fact, anyone except the Ferrari or the Nissans will be fine.

Hopefully, that 911 GT3 R has its airconditioner endgaged. It's looking to be in the early 40s for Saturday. It's probably the best car to be in, with the engine out back as well.

Why don't more racing series' do something like this? So cool.

It's looking to be in the early 40s for Saturday.

Weather report claims high 30's for Sunday with a possible thunderstorm. Wouldn't mind seeing the race date pushed back a few weeks in future years, just to avoid the heat a bit.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the race. Hopefully its a nailbiter, whoever wins it.

Would love for the Bentley crew or R Motorsport to get a win but as long as the race is good, I'd be happy with any of them.

Are there many GTP'ers that are going to be trackside this weekend?

I hear the 2020 Bathurst 12 Hours is this weekend. I probably likely won't follow this year's race, but I surely want to see how this race goes. Almost any racing that happens at Bathurst is a big deal. So victory is going to be as fiercely fought as any race at Mount Panorama Circuit.

Those laps before the sun comes up are going to be interesting. Record car count I believe, the quality of the drivers this year. Everybody just needs to stay calm and try to make it to daylight.

This year has the most GT3 cars, in a total field of 39 cars. I believe the most cars on track, we're about 55 cars a few years ago.

Another tid bit, since it's Mazda's birthday, the RX-7 won the most Bathurst 12H events(4).

Back