GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/news/key-elements-confirmed-as-100-day-countdown-commences/

SUPPORT CATEGORIES CONFIRMED

THE ever-popular Aussie Racing Cars will join a packed on-track program for the first time next year.

Organisers have promised ‘wall-to-wall’ track activity in between Bathurst 12 Hour sessions across the weekend, with Aussie Racing Cars to be joined by the Wake Up Hostels Combined Sedans and Group S Historic Touring Cars on the racing undercard.

Celebrating their 20th anniversary this year, Aussie Racing Cars are one of the longest running and most successful categories in Australian Motorsport and will make a highly anticipated return to Mount Panorama next year.

The category last competed on the Mountain in 2015, with their racing hallmarked by epic slipstreaming battles both up and down the mountain and last corner passes for victory.

Combined Sedans – a grid comprised of TA2, Sports Sedans, Improved Production and ex-Supercars – has already confirmed a full 55-car field while the classic Group S machinery will add further diversity to the event undercard.

More unique on-track action will be announced closer to the event.

Ferrari has unveiled the 488 GT3 Evo.

Ferrari_GT3_Evo_2020.jpg

https://sportscar365.com/industry/ferrari-unveils-488-gt3-evo-2020/

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/news/potential-12-hour-contenders-to-grab-valuable-bathurst-miles/

The Audi squad has confirmed double 12-Hour winner Christopher Mies and Garth Tander will steer their pair of R8 LMS entries, a year after Mies became the outright Bathurst lap record holder thanks to his 1m59.2910s effort at Challenge Bathurst last year.

Though official lap records can no longer be set at the event due to a change in CAMS regulations, a shootout for the ‘unofficial’ fastest ever Bathurst lap is expected to remain on the cards next week.

A contender for that accolade could be Shane van Gisbergen, who will drive Triple Eight’s Mercedes AMG GT3.

Grove Racing to make the leap from Class B to Class A with British sports car driver Ben Barker to join the father son duo.

Last edited:
Foxtel's idea of ad break free can be taken with a bucketful of salt.

Eh, I'll take it over those stupid segments on channel 7 any day. :lol: At least you still get to see what's going on.

Edit: Language warning for that pic. :)👍

Loving that Castrol livery. Suits the Aston perfectly, imo. Getting Scott Dixon down here for the event is a very pleasant surprise. Strong lineup.

We'll finally see an NSX compete at Bathurst. With Team JAS to field one entry in the pro category.

Is it January yet? :drool:

Update on the status on the Bathurst 12hr given the current situation in New South Wales (and around Australia).

Entry list will be released tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Even without knowing who all the drivers are. The lineup of cars in the Pro class is damn impressive. Only two GT4's is disappointing though.

Last edited:
Paul Morris pretty much predicted it'd be a lone GT3 event. I wave the white flag and put my hand up for that. I want GT4 to grow in Australia. Best bet, is to run alone like at the new ARG/Shannon's events.

Paul Morris pretty much predicted it'd be a lone GT3 event. I wave the white flag and put my hand up for that.

Yeah, I think it would probably make for better racing anyway, if the entire grid was GT3 machines. Just disappointed that GT4 hasn't taken off down here. Started fairly promising but oh well. :indiff:

Back