GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Any reason why the #74 team wasn't informed of that 2 min penalty earlier on? Seems rough to me that they were given next to no notice about it.

Last edited:
Any reason why the #74 team wasn't informed of that 2 min penalty earlier on? Seems rough to me that they were given next to no notice about it.
I was wondering that exact same thing. The sceptic in me thinks it was because that's when Roland Dane told the stewards they needed a penalty.

I missed the next bit but wasn't there a safety car soon after they lost a lap? Why didn't they get their lap back? Or was deemed unsafe like earlier in the race?

Pick and choose when or when not to award a lap = typical Supercars run BS. It's either a rule or it's not... simple!

But they did deserve the penalty, rules are rules after all... sometimes :rolleyes:

I missed the next bit but wasn't there a safety car soon after they lost a lap? Why didn't they get their lap back? Or was deemed unsafe like earlier in the race?

Pick and choose when or when not to award a lap = typical Supercars run BS. It's either a rule or it's not... simple!
Yeah, I was wondering about the lap thing. Don't think I saw one car get their lap back? But then again, I ended up watching less than half of the race (maybe about 5hrs all up).
But they did deserve the penalty, rules are rules after all... sometimes :rolleyes:
They definitely did. All the confusion when he came in though. Talk about amateur hour.

Yeah, I was wondering about the lap thing. Don't think I saw one car get their lap back? But then again, I ended up watching less than half of the race (maybe about 5hrs all up).
I didn't see anyone either, but I was putting together an Ikea kitchen for up in my bar/man cave/sheila shack and just had the TV going as background entertainment so I probably saw less than you. I watched the first couple of hours and after that I'd just poke my head up whenever the commentators got excited.

They definitely did. All the confusion when he came in though. Talk about amateur hour.
👍

Is there still a Blancpain series running? I want to start watching again. It has been since about 2013 that I stopped watching and have lost touch. I know the FIA GT1 series no longer exists, but what is now in its place? Is there an app to follow it like F1?

Thank you in advance!

Is there still a Blancpain series running? I want to start watching again. It has been since about 2013 that I stopped watching and have lost touch. I know the FIA GT1 series no longer exists, but what is now in its place? Is there an app to follow it like F1?

Thank you in advance!
It's now called the Fanatec GT World Challenge, in addition to the European championship there's also the American, Asian and Australian championships (British GT and Intercontinental GT Challenge are also ran by SRO but don't fall under the World Challenge banner). Everything is streamed free on SRO's YouTube channel.

It's now called the Fanatec GT World Challenge, in addition to the European championship there's also the American, Asian and Australian championships (British GT and Intercontinental GT Challenge are also ran by SRO but don't fall under the World Challenge banner). Everything is streamed free on SRO's YouTube channel.
Thank you! Is the an app with a calendar?

Just watched the first Fanatec GT2 race at Monza. It's great to see them trying to run them.. But will there ever be enough money to sustain a full blown series?
Unfortunately, I don't think so.

Like GTE, I think its just a bit too expensive for teams to maintain especially when the GT3 platform is so attractive and even there they are forced to upgrade to the latest EVO packages which arent cheap either.

So it leaves the field just being gentleman drivers

Can’t wait to see the scheme for the GT3 Premium package. Cost and what it looks like. Of course, I’m running my own team and would like to know.

I'm surprised it took so long to get a car into the gravel trap. I was anticipating the opening few laps were going to be chaos.

Damn, where is GPX again?

2022 wasn't kind to Estre and Christensen, on other side no matter who behind the wheel of KCMG, they saving the day. 62 positions up.

Last edited:
Damn, where is GPX again?

2022 wasn't kind to Estre and Christensen, on other side no matter who behind the wheel of KCMG, they saving the day. 62 positions up.
I think it was Estre they interviewed at night and he said the car lost oil and that caused the engine to fail so they retired.

Congrats to the winners.

Glad that the M4 did have the pace, if not the luck. :(

Interesting to see the changes to Spa, the Eau Rouge grandstand is a monster, and the gravel traps will surely change the complexion of many races in future. They really may as well make Blanchimont a continuous curve though.

Back