GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

That's a huge blow to the Audi brand. I don't know if they can attract another organization on that kind of scale to run their program.

Mercedes-AMG GT2 revealed. Didn't have too much opportunity to follow the GT2s but from what I've seen, there was a bit too much Audi dominance for my taste and not enough Porsche but oh well :)

Some BMW news starting with serious name drops - not that we should be surprised. The BMW factory squad is certainly a strong one without a doubt:

Dries Vanthoor, Charles Weerts and Colton Herta have been added to BMW’s roster of factory drivers for the 2023 season.

The trio form part of a 20-driver lineup. Maxime Martin and Rene Rast, both previously announced to be joining the Munich-based manufacturer, have also joined.
BMW Junior Team members Dan Harper, Max Hesse and Neil Verhagen also receive promotions to official factory status.

The new drivers join the list of existing works drivers consisting of Jake Dennis, Connor De Phillippi, John Edwards, Philipp Eng, Augusto Farfus, Erik Johansson, Jens Klingmann, Jesse Krohn, Bruno Spengler, Sheldon van der Linde, Marco Wittmann and Nick Yelloly

Beyond this the new premier BMW team WRT will be rather busy in 2023 alongside ROWE:

Today was busy in the news, we now know the planned future of DTM and ADAC GT Masters, I mean DTM Endurance. DTM format retained, Pirelli in, Michelin out, no more Platinums in GT Masters/DTM Endurance. Calendar has no GTWC Europe or big 24h race conflicts.

DTM Endurance will have LMP3s alongside the GT3s, kind of like Michelin Le Mans Cup. No words on DTM Trophy - I assume that ADAC GT4 Germany takes completely over - or DTM Classic. I caught a few races of them here and there, it was awesome to see those classics race (I enjoy Goodwood Revival, too):

In the future, the ADAC GT Masters will start as part of the new DTM Endurance. Under this guise, and within the framework of the DTM, the GT3 cars from the ADAC GT Masters will line up at six or seven events together with the sports cars from the Prototype Cup Germany. The ADAC is currently in positive talks with the ACO to finalise details. As well as the new DTM Endurance, ADAC GT4 Germany, the BMW M2 Racing Cup and the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland will also be integral components of the DTM programme.

Short version:

ADAC news with more details:

Last edited:
Further news on the new DTM, manufacturers are not completely happy due to the tight timeline. I also read some German articles that many teams aren't happy either with the direction, especially regarding GT Masters/DTM Endurance and including the LMP3s into the grid and the GT Masters being relegated to a development series where Platinum drivers aren't permitted. Also in those German articles it was mentioned that ADAC wants to refocus on Germany itself, apparently there were not enough spectators in Portimao and Imola, the organizers want more ticket revenue (understandably I guess). The Nordschleife is another open question. I didn't know but apparently Berger wanted the DTM to return there. The new management isn't quite on board as they don't want refueling and without it only a few laps would be possible, plus they worry about properly covering the race on TV.

Other stuff I gathered:
  • general DTM format (Quali and ~1h race both on Saturday and Sunday) remains
  • pit stop window should be reduced
  • DTM returns to Sachsenring for the first time since 2002, Oschersleben returns, too
  • SRO BoP will be used (was mentioned in the English articles, as well, comes in conjunction with Pirellis to be used in DTM, too)
  • apparently there were heated discussions in DTM about the Indy-style restarts - that's apparently gone to reduce the amount of scrap metal generated. The Indy-style race start is retained though
  • DTM Trophy (GT4) is gone, not really surprising - although the ADAC GT4 format runs with 2 drivers, where the DTM Trophy was a solo flight
  • DTM Classic's fate is still open
  • ADAC didn't buy the rights to DTM Electric. They don't want to develop a car but may support one

EDIT: regarding the DTM Trophy - obviously it was a rather unique proposition to have a GT4 series with a solo driver serving as a feeder for the solo GT3 DTM, and apparently it caught slowly on in its 3rd year according to the last article below. However, it failed as a true development series as only one driver got a DTM seat. I guess it's kinda similar to F2, although I don't know about any restriction placed on the champion like in F2.

German articles:

Last edited:
As expected, Il Dottore will drive a WRT-run BMW M4 GT3 next year and will have his debut at Bathurst alongside Farfus and Maxime Martin - they will also be with him in the GTWC Europe Endurance Cup next season. He will also be at the Dubai 24h before that and with Martin he will do the Sprint Cup, too - can't wait to see how WRT will run with the M4s.

Rossi is now a BMW factory driver, gotta say, didn’t expect it to happen.

Interesting tidbits about the Merc GT2 development:

Also, Ratel is obviously happy that DTM will use the SRO BoP, no clashing dates, single GT4 series in Germany etc. - though he isn't sure about the whole DTM Endurance thing that will be kind of like the Michelin Le Mans Cup.

Last edited:
I wonder if they're trying to get him to LeMans eventually?
While I haven’t talked to Valentino about it but I’m pretty sure he’d be excited to participate - and probably Monsieur Fillion wouldn’t mind if he’d drive either, pretty good publicity overall.

I for one would be glad to see him there. As much as I love the 911 RSR, I’m happy for the (LM)GT3 class for 2024.

ADAC changed course on GT Masters: DTM Endurance won’t be a thing, DTM and GT Masters remain separate per se, Prototype Cup remains as support race. No decision on driver ratings for GT Masters (plan was no platinums for DTM Endurance). Not sure if it’s too little too late though.

Interesting that the Sin R1 is participating. Only two GT4 cars. I guess it’s too much of a risk knowing there will be a separate GT4 event. A couple months after the 12H.

Back