GT SEC #3 - Stock One-Make GT300!Full 

United States
Chicago, IL
iamsupernasty
GT SEC #3 - Stock One-Make GT300 Challenge
http://www.gtendurancechallenge.com

Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit_4_525x350_zpse35185cb.jpg

Welcome to the home of the GT Spec Endurance Challenge! We are back for Gran Turismo 6!!!

Please visit the website for detailed results, standings, rules, specs, scheduling, etc. www.gtendurancechallenge.com

This event is open to everyone who can prove themselves to be smart and respectful.

Our current event is the Stock GT300 Challenge. This is an 8 week Event using four similar but different GT300 Race Cars.

- 2008 Garaiya GT300 (Round 1 & 2)
- 2008 Subaru Impreza GT300 (Round 3 & 4)
- 2006 Mazda RX-7 GT300 (Round 5 & 6)
- 2012 Subaru BRZ GT300 (Round 7 & 8)

We will use each of the four cars in two rounds each. Each round will have a specific car designated for it and all drivers must drive the designated car.

Please visit the rules page, read everything very carefully and make sure you're familiar and comfortable with all of the expectations and penalties. Please address any questions directly to the commissioner(s).

Room Restrictions:

* Standing Start w/ False Starts
* Heavy Damage
* Tires - Sports Medium / Sports Hard (Rain Compound - Comfort Soft)
* Draft: Real
* Penalties: Off
* Boost: Off
* Collisions: On
* Grip Reduction: Real
* Aids & Assists Allowed: ABS Only
* Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
* Tuning Prohibited
* Microphones: Off
* Race Quality: Very High
* Mandatory Pit: On
* Mandatory Compound Change: On
* Weather Change: Variable Rate (60)
* Time Change: Off

Schedule:

All Races are on Sunday
Mandatory practice at 2:30pm Eastern.
Official Qualifying will begin promptly at 3:30
Official races will be no longer than 90 minutes in length.
Events will be over by 5:30pm Eastern at the latest.

SERIES IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO EXTENSIVE CONNECTION ISSUES WITH GT6

Practice Race: January 19th @ Fuji Speedway GT - 42 Laps (118.2 Miles)

Round 1: February 9th @ Nurburgring GP/F - 38 Laps (121.6 Miles)
Round 2: February 16th@ Brands Hatch Grand Prix - 49 Laps (120 Miles)
Round 3: TBD @ Suzuka Circuit - 33 Laps (119.3 Miles) - WET RACE*
Round 4: TBD @ Indianpolis Motor Speedway Road Course - 49 Laps (119.5 Miles)
Round 5: TBD @ Apricot Hill - 50 Laps (119.6 Miles)
Round 6: TBD @ Spa Francorchamp - 27 Laps (117.48 Miles) - WET RACE*
Round 7: TBD @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 52 Laps (119.2 Miles)
Round 8: TBD @ Silverstone Grand Prix - 33 Laps (120.7 Miles)- 33 Laps (120.7 Miles)

Roster (includes pre-registered drivers):

1. Bill Fisher / iamsupernasty

2. Barret Rolph / LVracerGT

3. Fabian Portilla / TC-perrolocomcq

4. Rob Read / Red_Leader

5. Leonardo Corti / Frank19_ch

6. Kevin White / Whitey093

7. Chris Locket / Azbay

8. Chris Jones / Wanderlust2000

9. Jason Fenter / fbmoutsider

10. Tim Wick / Mrjones_80

11. Alistair Glen / Glen-Alz-8

12. Zayn Uppal / Zayn

How we are different than the other GT300 Leagues:

- We use Sports Tires (Hard and Medium)
- We use Heavy Damage
- We use unique qualifying, tire wear, and compound rules
- We use variable weather including some designated *wet* races.
- Everyone runs the same car each week and tuning is prohibited, so it's always a purely drivers competition.
- We run a roster of 16 full time drivers and only run 1 room/1 division so everyone has a shot at the title.
- Everyone in the league his a friend so we guarantee everyone is smart, clean, respectful and fast.
- PRIZES!

Suzuka_Circuit_1_460x306_zpse2950f4a.jpg

How do you sign up?

- Post here expressing interest. I'll then ask you to come race with us in a practice room so we can get to know you and make sure you're a good fit for our championship.

Previous Seasons:

Season 1: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-rob-wins-the-title-by-only-8-points.267760/
Season 2: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nce-fabian-wins-title-by-only-1-point.273510/

Last edited:
About time. Cant wait I just hope I'm a little more competitive. Racing your heart out for 90 minutes and digging deep just to not be last is not my favorite. Lol

Yea it's gonna be epic! I need to get my consistency back up to where it was last year. Took too long off after GT Academy and I'm def rusty. I'm sure you'll be fine Whitey. This season could be the closest ever!

Also, I've heard about the pit stop tire glitch that might affect some people. We will leave all the settings as - is for now, but if we run into issues during the practice race we can discuss any necessary changes.

Lastly, I'm updating the Schedule. We will skip a week in February so that we can avoid a conflict with the Super Bowl, and we will skip a week in March to allow for travel.

Last edited:
Pit stop tyre glitch? Not heard about this.

And what's the policy on paint schemes and racing numbers? First come first served?

Does stock mean tuning prohibited, or as in no engine and turbo modifications?

Always love the one makes..would like to take part..looks like a great lineup of drivers..👍
Sweet! If you're Friends with Rob then I'm sure you'll be a great fit.

Send me an email (listed on the website) and a friend rrequest on psn (iamsupernasty).

-------

Rob,

First come, first serve on numbers and colors. Email me if you want to lock something in.

--------

Dave

Tuning is prohibited. Only brake bias can be adjusted. Thanks!

Welcome Tim and Leonardo aka MrJones and Frank! Two more great additions to the roster. This is shaping up to be pretty bananas. Only a few spots left!

The Schedule has been changed slightly. We bumped the practice race to next Sunday instead, and bumped the start of the Season to start after the Super Bowl.

Everything has been updated in the OP.

*edit* Welcome Glen also!

Only 2 spots left :)

Last edited:
Practice race on Sunday! Can't wait to get this thing kicked off. Looks like we'll have 13 or so drivers for the Garaiya @ Fuji GT.

If anyone is interested in filling one of the last few spots, even if it's just for the practice to get the feel for the series, then let me know.

See ya'll Sunday!

Hey Bill, guys ,

just finish taking some practice...i dont know if is due to this last 🤬 1.03 patch or if it was already like this before.

I find in my personal taste that very fast wear is waay too fast (lool) 11 laps of fuel force to do at least 3 pits...& tyres...cmon there is no way u can be fast or even set a constant pace for 11 laps, so u will have to do at least 4 pits.

Let me explain:
- during pit there is a very high risk of several lag and spikes, with risk of crash & collisions resulting in damage / race ruined;
- grip level on different set of tyres (same compound) may change randomly & unreally;
- stints are anyway too short 4 a so called enduro series, u may reach the ideal pace for few laps, all the rest will be manage the unreal tyre behavior & grip change;
- v 1.03 is a clear step back in gt5 direction, very fast tyre wear just amplify a lot of issue in the game because of wich im no longer enjoy it.

This is just my opinion, i apologize for posting this so late, but i was first practice just 1 hour ago.
U are making a good job and the arsh tone of the post is sure not because of you...just 🤬 for the direction the game is taking...
Anyway i am quite sure setting tire wear to fast will allow a better race enjoyment :cheers:
What do you think?
Thx

Last edited:
Frank, I agree things are not perfect. I haven't tried anything since 1.03.

I'll be online in a few hours for mandatory practice. If we need to make changes we can discuss that. Thanks for doing some research!

Sorry about the rapid exit tonight, the Mrs hit a deer onthe way back from work..had to get the bloody kids out of bed and go tie up the front bumper..pouring rain..not good fun! :grumpy:

No worries man. You missed an epic finish though :)

Barret started on Soft tires, Jason started on Hard tires and after 75 minutes of racing, they finished on 7 hundredths of a second apart.

Can't wait for an epic season. Had a blast today guys. Great win Barret!

Hopefully connection issues will be less of an issue in the first official Race also.

Sorry about the rapid exit tonight, the Mrs hit a deer onthe way back from work..had to get the bloody kids out of bed and go tie up the front bumper..pouring rain..not good fun! :grumpy:
Ah, the old 'wife hit a deer' excuse. Classic!

Seriously, it was a shame you had to go though. It shaped up to be an exciting finish.

Mega impressed with fbms almost win! He honestly wasn't really on my radar until right at the end. But good to know that both strategies I.e. starting on hards OR mediums has the potential to yield a win! I think the tyre/fuel wear is set just right. It really makes people think about strategy.

Very good fun race. Just could have done with a full grid. Shame Azbay Chris couldn't connect :(

Was an epic finish for sure! Hard fought battle, I was sweating :lol:

Glad to see the race went down without any major issues. Really looking forward to a good season with a full grid :cheers:

Thanks guys... sounds like I missed a good one. Gutted of course. Will have issues worked out for next race, can't wait!

yeah,was gutted...the wife was very apologetic though.. :sly:

just looked at the damage in the daylight...bumper,grill,o/s/f headlight and wing
apparently it was "a pack of deer" :lol: didn't know deer ran in packs...or maybe they were hunting!

Last edited:
yeah,was gutted...the wife was very apologetic though.. :sly:

just looked at the damage in the daylight...bumper,grill,o/s/f headlight and wing
apparently it was "a pack of deer" :lol: didn't know deer ran in packs...or maybe they were hunting!

Deer usually travel in small packs. If you see one, chances are another (one or more) is close by. Living in Iowa deer is a constant threat :lol:

Hey I need final color and number choices from a bunch of you. I sent out an e-mail, but you can post here as well.

Two weeks till go-time!

If anyone has photos from the Practice Race and wants to share, that would be sweet :)

--

Still a few spots open as well for others to join.

Couldn't agree more :)

Although even with 12 it'll be epic! Confirmed everyone number and color, so we're looking in good shape.

Gonna be switching back to GT6 from IRacing this week as we get ready for GT SEC. I'll be online most evenings running practice rooms.

If anyone is considering joining, please feel free to come practice with us and get a feel for what we'll be doing.

I sooooo can't wait for this. Been a year since we last got to shred asphalt together!

Got some good practice in tonight with a few of the guys.

Fastest lap was a 2:08.8.

I wanna see what Fabian and Barret run :)

I'll be on most nights this week after work.

Last edited:
Cheater!!!!!!!#!

Actually I'm kinda pleased only being down a second lol. I've got no delusions of grandeur, especially at this track.

Back