GT SEC #3 - Stock One-Make GT300!Full 

Rob, I don't blame you at all for being frustrated. Thanks for being willing to give it one more go. I have no idea what the heck the deal is. It's so weird that we never have any issues during the week, and then on race day it's a disaster. I wonder if you're right that Mics on could somehow make it more stable?

Glen, I tried changing the race quality to High this time instead of Very High, even though my game recommends Very High. I'm hesitant to try Standard but I suppose anything is better than loosing drivers.

-----

Do you guys think the Weather might be causing an issue? If so Suzuka will only be worse... We could run a vote to see if everyone is ok with going no more weather for the rest of the season? It appears the different tire strategies will give us spicy racing regardless of whether we have rain or not.

I wouldn't go lower than high on race quality. I've never had good results with that. It might be worth leaving mics on and just having everyone agree not to talk. I dont' think weather would have any effect on connection quality, I'm 97% certain it's on PD's end with their online development. I don't have connection issues like this in any other game but GT.

Yeah, I agree the pre-race practice lobbies generally seem better. Then as soon as the proper race room gets opened that's when everything goes to ****. I don't know what settings are different other than just the chat being toggled on/off? Although my screen froze up in the practice lobby, in Q, again watching the Q race, and again on lap 12 of the feature race. I think freezing is a hardware problem, right? So I guess my PS3 is dying. I think Battlefield 4 has over heated it at some point.

Last edited:
Hey CodDemon! All of the scheduling and rules are on the website and on the first post of this thread. Please review and let me know if that works for you. Then we'll have you come join us for practice.

--

Started taking pictures from the race over the weekend and got bored after 1 lap. So.... I've got pictures of the first lap :)

Glen leads Zayn and the pack into turn 1.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_1_zpsb36413fe.jpg

The field streams through turn 1. Zayn runs a bit wide and Wander sneaks in for p2.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_2_zpscbb31ce7.jpg

Meanwhile the fight for fourth place begins to heat up. Fbm leads Nasty on the inside, with Azbay just behind in the orange car and Jones inside of him in the blue car.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_3_zpsbf2a781d.jpg

As the field comes through turn 3, things have started to straighten out a bit.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_4_zps4cc72766.jpg

Glen and Wander started on the Softer Tire, so they begin to grow their lead as the lap ends. Zayn with the hard tire is trying his hardest to hang on. In the back of the picture, you can see the battle for fourth. As Fbm leads Nasty and Azbay and Jones on the hard tire as well.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_5_zps5ba950e4.jpg

And the same shot from the other end.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_6_zps69d45c8e.jpg

You didn't by any chance save the replay from the first attempt where I went from 11th to 6th by the end of lap 1 did you? :grumpy: :lol:

Didn't save it, but i saw it real time. I started 4th and I knew you started last, so It was definitely a wtf moment when I saw you appear in my rear view before I even completed a lap. To be fair, everyone in front of you was on hard tires lol.

Aaaaah I was wondering about that lol. Yeah it was a real kick in the .... yeah when I couldn't get a good connection after that. Oh well, new car mixes everything up now 👍

Happy Hump Day! Been such a busy week I haven't had a chance to practice. Hoping I can get on for a bit tonight. Anyone done rain testing yet?

Starting on Comfort Softs anyone? Gonna be the most interesting strategy race yet, as changing rain levels will certainly change fuel wear rates.... Can't wait! Make sure your new Subaru is all warmed up and ready to go!

I've got a practice room up

1472-6118-3916-1739-6382

Got some base times and the room just kept filling up with randoms.

Last edited:
Want to participate to the championship.

PSN: HarskGaming96, Portugal

Can I use just the Impreza? Or I have to use the cars required for the rounds?

PS: Cannot be on day 23 as I have another championship to participate.

Want to participate to the championship.

PSN: HarskGaming96, Portugal

Can I use just the Impreza? Or I have to use the cars required for the rounds?

PS: Cannot be on day 23 as I have another championship to participate.

Hello,

The rules regarding cars will be the same for everybody.

When are you free to come join for practice? Would be good to drive together for a bit just to make sure you'll be a good fit for the championship.

---

LV, how was the weather in your testing? I literally have not run one lap yet in practice. Hoping to do some today or tomorrow but I am way too busy. Might just make some wild hail Mary strategy call and see what happens lol.

LV, how was the weather in your testing? I literally have not run one lap yet in practice. Hoping to do some today or tomorrow but I am way too busy. Might just make some wild hail Mary strategy call and see what happens lol.

Well I can pretty much tell you there's only going to be one tire choice unless it dry's out, which I don't think will happen lol. I tested the SH and SM tires and there is defintely less grip in the wet than the CS have. The weather went from 50% surface water to about 67% in roughly 30 minutes, maybe more. The grip levels diminished rather nicely though. I can see it getting pretty slippery towards the end, but still manage-able. No where near the Silvia race car at 100% surface water they gave us in NYC :lol:

The car feels really good, I was expecting an understeer battle but it's got a great balance to it. I was having a blast just turning laps by myself last night. You can really wrestle it around and hang the back end out at will.

I could probably do some testing tonight, definitely tomorrow, just let me know when you're planning on getting on. I still haven't done a full fuel run so I have no idea how many laps you can go before pitting.

Sounds sweet! Definitely sounds like CS for everybody for every lap. There is no tire compound chance requirement if you use CS.

If anyone can figure out how and when to maybe switch to SM though, they may run away with this.

I'll be on late afternoon and early evening for multiple hours.

Well that race started out incredibly promising! Unfortunately it ended in a giant flaming ball of disaster :)

Qualifying (Jason obliterated everyone in the wet qualifying session):
20140223_144515_zps56801c8a.jpg

Qual Race:

20140223_145802_zps0e8fb35e.jpg

The rain was intense, and everyone drove incredibly well. That race could have shaken out to be one of the most epic yet, especially as it started to dry out towards the end and a few of us switched to the SMedium tire.

Unfortunately and unsurprisingly, GT6 freaked out and half the field got dropped with just a handful of laps left. In the end, only 3 cars were left standing.

It doesn't seem fair to make everyone practice all week and dedicate three hours on a Sunday if we can't even be sure we can run a race. With that said, we'll be postponing the series indefinitely. We may or may not return for GT6; that will depend on whether the connection issues get resolved. All members will be contacted via e-mail as things progress. For now though, don't plan on racing next weekend (or the following).

Thanks everyone for sticking it out this season. It was shaping up to be one of the most competitive fields we've ever had, with 8 guys with a chance to win each and every week. Hopefully we can continue to race with each other moving forward, as there is no group of guys I'd rather run with :)

Just an idea, i remembered last night that the GT5 servers a shutting down at the end of next month, this may solve the problem of dc'ing all the time..as long as they dedicate the servers to GT6...so maybye we could try to pick it up again after thats done?

GT6 is such a massive disappointment! A lot of series are taking the same step of suspending until the game is fixed. PD and Sony have said nothing and haven't even acknowledged the severe issues with the game. I really hope they fix this soon before the community just falls apart and everyone moves on from the GT series. If not, maybe ill get iracing and see you guys there.

Back