GT SEC #3 - Stock One-Make GT300!Full 

Grueling race. My happy qualifying and whatever mockery of a strategy I had were rendered void by turn 3 of Lap 1.... We were all very tight, and very clean I thought, and the couple slightest touches I encountered (or dealt, I dunno) barely caught my attention, then at turn 5 I noticed I had front right wheel damage! Crap!! I tried to hang with the front pack, but couldnt. I hope no one else had any damage. From the apparent pace, no one did. But that screwed my strategy as I opted to pit on lap 6 or 7 to get the car fixed and get back on pace (pit glitch notwithstanding). Then my fuel was off by about 200-300 meters EVERY STOP after that. Nasty, you may be humored to learn that yes, I ran out of fuel THREE times that race, every time was within sight of pit entry. I just cant get a handle on fuel consumption (no, really?)
But great battles all around. I more or less have the pace, now if I can get the math, I may have a shot at something not-terrible. Esp with all the network issues, this could be anyone's season, right up to the end!

Great race! some great battles...superb defensive driving from LVracer..definitely not one for leaving doors open :sly:...
4 stopper got me..almost changed my strategy to go 3 stops on lap 27..wish i had, but hey, we live and learn.

Super excited for Brands...love that track..roll on sunday! :D

Wander, 3 times lol? You're an animal....

I saw the damage you got. That was a bummer. It was such minor contact I can't believe it hurt, but I guess that's a good representation of how even the slightest contact can ruin a race if it comes in the wrong place.

I learned a lot this weekend about how the tires in this game work as well, so I'll be prepared with a better strategy next time for sure.

I definitely agree that this season is up for grabs. Really hard to pick a favorite, especially since we haven't even see Fabians pace yet.

--

I'm probably going to a movie tonight, but I'll be around for Practice on Wednesday and Thursday for sure.

In regards to people having connection issues, I know this is a stupid question but is everyone clearing their network cache before they try and enter? I know it sucks to have to do, but I've been making sure I do that straight after booting the game up before I even load the lobby from the main menu so everything is fresh.

Just thought I'd mention it since I haven't had any connection issues yet *knocks on wood*.

Hey guys. I wish I was able to make it on sunday pre-season race was a blast. at least this sunday i'll have the time to be able to make it and race the rest of the season. And nice win Barrett.

Hey Tyler, glad to hear your still interested in racing with us. Hadn't heard from ya since practice so I wasn't sure. I definitely think you're smart enough to be up the task of racing with us, so if you're serious about racing on Sunday I need you to pick a Car Number and send me an e-mail. All of that info is on the website. Please check to be sure your number isn't already taken.

With that said, I do know that some drivers expressed concerns about your overall speed and having you end up a few laps down. Your race craft is fine and nobody ended up having any issues with you during the race, but it's my job as commissioner to make sure things continue to run smoothly. I'd like to have you join us for practice this week so that we can work together to get your average lap time down a bit. It's best for everyone if we can have you finish on the lead lap this time :)

Will you be available Tomorrow or Thursday evenings at all? I'll be hosting rooms both nights, so please come join us some time :)

----

Barrett, how did practice go? Got a baseline time or anything that we should be shooting for?

Just add a safety margin! There's no excuse not to in GT6 as the fuel flow rate is way faster.

Yea, this. If you guys didn't know, fuel fills waaaay faster in GT6. Don't hesitate to take an extra few liters...

-----

BTW, We still have two open spots for full time drivers. Because of dropped rounds, anybody who joins before the next race still have just as much chance at a championship and a prize as anyone else. Don't hesitate to come join us for practice if you're interested in racing.

Last edited:
Yes I'll be available tomorrow and Thursday to practice, I'll be on around 6pm MST. And I looked at the list and my number hasn't been taken so it will be #24.

Bad weather causing connection issues lastnight, was gonna practice for a bit but couldn't stay in a room...first time i've ever seen my connection say i'm NAT type 2 and bandwidth UNKNOWN, hope its fixed by today...and not so bad that it was this whole area with problems and not just me.

Any benchmarks for Brands yet?

I was able to get a 31 flat on Mediums last night, looks like it's gonna be 13 laps max for a fuel run.

I'm thinking this is going to be a race of who makes the fewest mistakes. I had 6 legitimate offs last night just running by myself, and getting stuck in the kitty litter costs a LOT of time with how much they slow you down since the update.

Tough track, predicting an even tougher race.

Yeah, Brands is very unforgiving of mistakes. Probably one of the toughest on the calendar in that way. I'm just thankful it's not a designated wet race :scared:

I ran a full practice race yesterday. I averaged mid 33's on mediums and around 36 flat on hards. I had many serious offs as well when trying to push. There are 6 turns where I had multiple offs, this car is so tight and twitchy that one wrong move can mean disaster. The good news is I have my driving line and preferred gear through each corner figured out and my pit strategy is nailed down. Hope for a better result this weekend. The key is staying out of trouble without dropping off pace too much. Driving conservatively here costs you a lot of time, gotta stay near the edge without crossing it.

Yeah, Brands is very unforgiving of mistakes. Probably one of the toughest on the calendar in that way. I'm just thankful it's not a designated wet race :scared:

Haha somehow I think Bathhurst may be a little less forgiving because of the tight walls. We'll see. I guess maybe I'm one of the few who love Brands. Something about the flow it has.... It's even a blast in the rain!

I'm gonna try to leave the office early today to get a head start on practice.

I think that's a solid pace Whitey. Did it rain at all during your practice race?

---

Number #24 works for me Tyler. See ya tonight. Thanks!

No but it did start to get dark near the end. forgot to fix the time. finished the race with the high beams on. the track is great and has good flow, but the garaya chassis is so dang stiff and unforgiving that hitting a curb wrong is a big issue especially on a ds3. I can't smoothly recover, my input is limited.

Speaking of Bathurst, I would hate to take it off the schedule but I think there's a very serious issue that causes the game to lock up at the top of the track. It's happened to me twice now, the most recent last night and I've heard from others the same think has happened to them.

Both times it happened to me the screen and system froze, my wheel rotated all the way to the left and locked itself of the bump stop. Only way out is to hard shutdown and it comes with a triple beep.

Hopefully it won't be an issue but I think it should be checked out.

Yea :( We may have to remove it. Not sure what it would get replaced by though. Maybe I'll send out an email and ask you all to vote on a replacement.

I'll set up a room tonight by 6 PM Eastern.

Yea it's definitely a glitch track. I was hoping pd might resolve that before the event. I'm totally on board with a new track though if we can come to a consensus. There is a reason Motegi wasn't on the original schedule though :) Let's add Road America to the schedule? *dreaming. ...*

--

Practice Room Closed

1472 6399 8365 2932 2782

Last edited:
Good practice tonight! Mostly happy with my pace on Medium. I struggled adjusting to Hards though. I'm pretty sure everybody is going to need to run a full stint on Hards too, so I'd better get my pace up there :) Will be hosting practice more tomorrow as well. Maybe even run a mock race if people are free.

Hey there! Glad to hear you're interested in racing.

It doesn't bother me if you can't make the final race, but be aware that you are required to run 7 races to be prize eligible, so the only difference is that you couldn't earn money.

With that said, it would be great to take a few minutes of practice just to make sure you're a good fit. Sadly we don't have much time :( Are you free for practice tonight?

Hey there! Glad to hear you're interested in racing.

It doesn't bother me if you can't make the final race, but be aware that you are required to run 7 races to be prize eligible, so the only difference is that you couldn't earn money.

With that said, it would be great to take a few minutes of practice just to make sure you're a good fit. Sadly we don't have much time :( Are you free for practice tonight?

There is massive snow by me, so provided the power doesn't go out, I'll be around all day in between shoveling, what time were you thinking? Also I was going to do some testing today, what kind of times are you gus running?

Back