GT SEC #3 - Stock One-Make GT300!Full 

Will turn some laps tomorrow for sure. Enthusiasm has been a little low this week after the whole Nurburgring let down. And the fact iRacing has sorta taken over my life!

Will turn some laps tomorrow for sure. Enthusiasm has been a little low this week after the whole Nurburgring let down. And the fact iRacing has sorta taken over my life!
Understandable :(

Hope you can get re motivated by a strong race at Brands :)

Hahaha awesome! I've got my strategy nailed down too. I'm pretty psyched. We had some epic practice on Thursday. 4x Silverstone Finalists plus Jones and FBm and Glen and Zayn and Whitey and more. It got intense!!!! I've got a sweet replay but no time to upload.

Last edited:
Any one feel like practice in an hour or so? Been wrenching on my race car all day, need to actually drive for a bit to relax lol.

I'm not sure ill make the 1:30 practice time but ill definitely be there before qualifying starts. I'm at work today but am going to skate out of here at 1 and get home quick for the race.

I'm going to be a little late for final practice but I'll definitely be there before qualifying. Looking forward to the race today!

Practice room up for anyone interested.

1472-6118-4259-7714-7283

Last edited:
Good race today guys. Some crazy fast pace out there! Congrats on the win Zayn.

I am sooooo angry with myself. It's gonna take me a while to get over this one. I had 2nd on LOCK and a decent chance to battle Zayn for the win until I got into Wander at the crossover and he went into the wall :( That means a stop n' go penalty for me, and I couldn't stop thinking about how big of a dick I was. Spent the entire rest of the race kicking myself mentally, and at Lap 36 I forgot to pit as scheduled. Couldn't make it back around and ran out of gas :( Not sure that cost me more than 1 position but still hurts.

Really hate that LV and Rob couldn't race because of Lag. GT6 is such a fiasco.

We're switching to the Subaru now, so those of you who hate the Garaiya can celebrate :)

Suzuka in the rain next week!

Here are the race results:

1st - Zayn - 1:18:02.136
2nd - fbmoutsider +19.864
3rd - Glen-Alz-81 +42.147
4th - iamsupernasty +1:13.728*
5th - mrjones_80 +1:18.807
6th - Wanderlust2000 +1:26.096
7th - Whitey093 +1:47.713
8th - azbay +2:07.547
9th - Red_Leader +DNF
10th - LVracerGT +DNF
11th - TC-perrolocomcq +DNR
12th - Frank19_ch +DNR

*Includes 35 Second (Stop & Go) penalty for contact.

And current Standings:

Zayn Uppal / Zayn - 62pts
Bill Fisher / iamsupernasty - 50pts
Alistair Glen / Glen-Alz-8 - 48pts
Tim Wick / mrjones_20 - 46pts
Barret Rolph / LVracerGT - 44pts
Chris Locket / Azbay - 42pts
Jason Fenter / fbmoutsider - 40pts
Chris Jones / Wanderlust2000 - 40pts
Kevin White / Whitey093 - 36pts
Rob Read / Red_Leader - 26pts
Leonardo Corti / Frank19_ch - 15pts
Fabian Portilla / TC-perrolocomcq - 0pts

Last edited:
Hats off to Zayn, great pace well done! .. Was a good race, had its ups and downs but overall a pretty darn good..certainly felt the pressure a few times from Chris J early on, and Bill towards the end..overall most enjoyable!

I can't help but feel absolutely gutted for Rob and Barrett.. :(

Well done Zayn. And Jason & Glen for podiums. :cheers:

Was just like last week; my screen froze up on the lap I'm about to make my first pit stop on. Happened in qually too. I can put up with a lot of **** but I don't know how many more times I can keep doing all the mid-week build up of running laps, calculating a strategy when come Sunday it's all for nothing. I'm a broken man here :indiff: ... much like my PS3 apparently. I might give it one last go at Suzuka but if the same thing happens it's probably better if I don't turn up after that.

Really getting tired of the connection issues in GT6. Had no issues all week and then race time I can't see Bill's room unless I filtered by track and kept getting disco'd. Started the race hoping for a clean start after my awesome start on the first attempt, and got nothing but lag and cars jumping all over the track. Just pulled over and quit out fearing I would take someone out. Checked my network speed after all that, and everything seemed to be working normally.

Congrats on the win Zayn, wish I could have made the race. I actually loved the Garaiya.

Last edited:
Its maybe worth trying out a few different setting combos to see if we can stabilize it better..me personally, have usually got standard quality on mics and race...possibly worth trying that or fixed room ownership or something else, weather maybe??

I'm not sure if were all on the same NAT type or not, as far as i'm aware if there's a combo of different NATs in the room its better to be a fixed ownership room..but who knows.. :boggled: all i know is if things don't get better we're gonna end up losing some quality drivers......GT servers need a major overhaul..

just remembered when do the GT5 servers shut down?? surely GT6 must get better after that.

I actually loved the Garaiya.

Yea me too! Not sure why everyone is a hater :)

I was actually just looking at my stats, and over a quarter of all the distance I've ever driven in GT6 has been done in either in a Garaiya or at Brands. I suppose I wouldn't mind diversifying I guess lol

20140216_190141_zpsd82652ba.jpg

----

Rob, I don't blame you at all for being frustrated. Thanks for being willing to give it one more go. I have no idea what the heck the deal is. It's so weird that we never have any issues during the week, and then on race day it's a disaster. I wonder if you're right that Mics on could somehow make it more stable?

Glen, I tried changing the race quality to High this time instead of Very High, even though my game recommends Very High. I'm hesitant to try Standard but I suppose anything is better than loosing drivers.

-----

Do you guys think the Weather might be causing an issue? If so Suzuka will only be worse... We could run a vote to see if everyone is ok with going no more weather for the rest of the season? It appears the different tire strategies will give us spicy racing regardless of whether we have rain or not.

Back