GT "Simcade"?

• Thread starter Beart8o
  • 157 comments
This thread isn't about your "personal" views on EA its also not about GT5 sales, im sure if you look hard enough your find topics on both so maybe better to post there.
For the record, I was a director at EA for several years. Nothing personal about my points, all factual.

That's great not relevant to the point I made, but good on you for knowing about sales in general...

...and it continues.

...still don't see the point or why you quoted me. Please read my post again and then properly quote me if you're going to retort. No where in my post does it say that VG has correct numbers, actually the opposite is said and I even give a thread where I argued vehemently against the BS VG numbers and I stood in favor for PD/GT. Sales knowledge and how to quickly look up and regurgitate it is great, reading comprehension however is a more useful daily tool.

And I just realized that I had several windows of GTP open in my phone and may have cross posted...

I think pointing out how PD could be tracking their sales numbers has quite a bit of relevance when that is the current tangent the thread has been on for the past page and a half. Particularly when the shipped/sold issue is a common sticking point even among official numbers.

There's nothing irrelevant about stating your qualifications and experience. There is however, something irrelevant about your post.

There Is when it has no bearing on the topic in hand, what ever the guy "claims" to be or have been is irrelevant.

And your now trolling , I feel this topic needs to get back on track .

There Is when it has no bearing on the topic in hand, what ever the guy "claims" to be or have been is irrelevant.
Experience in the industry is certainly relevant to most of the ongoing discussions I think.
And your now trolling
Ditto
I feel this topic needs to get back on track .
Don't derail it then. Having the last word doesn't make that ok.

It's a little late for you to claim the entire discussion about sales is off topic after you made several posts arguing about the specific numbers. Lawndart pointing out that a publisher with a strong grip on the distribution chain has an easier time selling large quantities of games to retailers without those games necessarily making it to end consumers (shipped vs. sold) is wholly in line with that discussion; and explaining why his experience that lends him to feel that to be the case is as well.

It's a little late for you to claim the entire discussion about sales is off topic after you made several posts arguing about the specific numbers. Lawndart pointing out that a publisher with a strong grip on the distribution chain has an easier time selling large quantities of games to retailers without those games necessarily making it to end consumers (shipped vs. sold) is wholly in line with that discussion; and explaining why his experience that lends him to feel that to be the case is as well.

Not to count the fact that the original poster that got the thread off topic after I actually tried to steer it back by making a connection to the topic, was none other than Tenacious.

Back