GT Sport 1.05 Patch Arrives: Rebalanced BoP and Handling Changes

The 2-car, 24hr custom race with Gr.1 vs a Mazda Roadster on professional difficulty. Leave your PS4 on, go to sleep and farm mileage points/credits.

I'm running this, but using the McLaren VGT.

Had no problems setting it off this morning after the patch. Will see tonight if I get the payout, but I don't see how they can patch something like this without removing endurance races from the arcade section... how would they know if it's me or a rubber band driving?

Seriously. Messing with cars after the game is officially released is lame.

If you would read they aren't messing with the cars. They are changing the BoP in the daily races. Every road racing series you watch on TV has been doing this since at least the mid 2000's. What it does in real life is keep manufactures close in racing but doesn't make them all exactly the same. This is what they are doing in the game.

If you join a private server or play arcade mode the car is still the same it has always been. They only changed BoP.

Why not change the cars overall though? That way they are more even when we go to use them in all modes of gameplay. That's just stupid

A much needed nerf to GT-R group 4 I saw on the Nurb GP daily race the top 7 cars are all GT-Rs.
And I'm driving a rather tamed GT by Citroen Group 4 and on my region of daily races where I got paired to mostly Aussies and Japanese drivers.
No one drive a Citroen on Daily Race I'm just there to be "That guy" on the grid just fill that void of a once great maker that nobody gives a damn.
Hell I even signed to drive Citroen in Manufacturer Series.
GT by Citroen group 3 on the other hand are too tailspin happy on Nurb GP exiting corners are painfully slow just to avoid the insane spin out.
I just want to see more Citroen cars especially older cars like DS,CX,BX,Xantia,Xsara,XM, and SM. (SM is a must,no racing games ever get to feature that unique GT car)
I'm a bit gutted to know that Citroen DS only been on Enthusia,a then short lived GT4 rival back in 2005.
So few Thai drivers...we're probably ****ed on FIA GT Nations Cup.

I just gave this a try. Before the patch I signed up with Hyundai, after patching this morning I could even race with them. I now signed up with Citroen and got 2 cars of them but the pair of Hyundai are gone.

Are you sure you got 4 loan cars in total now?

We're on the same boat man,Citroen drivers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, plan your playtime around the server maintenance notices. They're there for a reason.

Obviously you don't live on the west coast and have two young kids *le sigh*

Jerome

You can adjust brake pedal now? :)
WOW man, that would be spot on for me!!! Brake Pedal Calibration, been struggling with that since the closed beta. Something is wrong with GT Sport and braking, and it seems it is not only with my T500 RS, I think I read something with the G29 also...

But I've been searching for complaints about this issue, and nothing... maybe it's just me! :confused:

Obviously you don't live on the west coast and have two young kids *le sigh*

Jerome

I live closer to the east coast and I'm nowhere near old enough to consider having kids. Maybe in my 30s. :dopey: Haven't even been out of high school that long honestly.

It doesn’t matter what time they patch the servers because someone in the world is going to get screwed. It just happens to be the US west coast this time.

not a single car icon missing for me
I just gave this a try. Before the patch I signed up with Hyundai, after patching this morning I could even race with them. I now signed up with Citroen and got 2 cars of them but the pair of Hyundai are gone.

Are you sure you got 4 loan cars in total now?
No no, i saw them in my garage before i signed the contract again, as i wasnt able to look into the manufacture cup. It was just weird observation of seeing dealer cars even the deal was likely cancelled during the update or at least appeared to be cancelled, therefore there was an option to sign new contract

Why not change the cars overall though? That way they are more even when we go to use them in all modes of gameplay. That's just stupid

private servers have the option to turn on BoP. It would be pointless to change the cars overall.

I disagree, the goal of BoP is that any car can win any race, its purpose is to create close racing, and not have the situation where on car dominates no matter what the track. In GT sport a lot of data is now being generated so better balance can be achieved and PD have made a decision to adjust it based on that data.

As you used the WEC, This year BoP in WEC is adjusted on a race per race basis by an automatic algorithm (the adjustments started following the data acquisition in the first two rounds). This is to try and maintain as balanced a field as possible in GTE, so any manufacture has the possibility of winning a race. Le Mans has a race specific BoP as the track is so different to anything else on the calendar this is predetermined at the start of the season.

Ford GTE didn't compete on a waiver from the FIA/ACO, the other manufactures agreed that it could race the GT in GTE form, the car was built to the same rules, the only problem being the road car was not available for homologation. Ford also sandbagged prior to Le Mans, they even got hit with a BoP adjustment after qualifying that year to try and slow them down... So it is constantly evolving thing in that Championship.

GT3 on the other hand is more rigid, it is set at the start of the season, which is why you see that some cars favour different types of tracks ;) This is also why BoP is a big talking point in Blancpain for example...

Blancpain is the only series getting it right and GTS should have looked at it closely not just for BOP but how the cars are performing under that BOP. Not just GT3 but GT4 too.

They should also have looked at adding real cars from GT4 instead of made up ones. Don't understand why they put a 650s made up GT4 rather than the real 570s. KTM, Maseratti, Ginetta and Nissan Fairlady are also missing. Can't even remember seeing a Sirocco or GTR in GT4.

The Grb category is laughable. Why not just have a real group B cars.

At least you can turn on that BoP if you want to. I would since I want close racing. But for close racing I do spec no tuning. Hope they add that in properly too.

The FFB changes were too much. It now just feels dull or less dynamic. I thought it sounded good but they should revert it back.
I believe I'm feeling the same thing. :(
I was happy at default settings, max torque and FFB sensitivity.
Now, I've ticked max torque up to 6, and FFB sensitivity to 9, and it still feels like they've gone a wrong direction.
Maybe not all 'layers' of FFB were changed ... I'm feeling some elements just fine,
but curbs in particular seem like they've all been reduced in feel through the steering wheel.

I ran Nordschleife as my reference, since I had driven it a lot in this game, so far,
and it has a lot of surface personality compared to a lot of the tracks in game.

Now, I've ticked max torque up to 6, and FFB sensitivity to 9, and it still feels like they've gone a wrong direction.
Maybe not all 'layers' of FFB were changed ... I'm feeling some elements just fine,
but curbs in particular seem like they've all been reduced in feel through the steering wheel.

I ran Nordschleife as my reference, since I had driven it a lot in this game, so far,
and it has a lot of surface personality compared to a lot of the tracks in game.

I noticed a change in the FFB on the first run around the 'ring post patch. It is somewhat numb now. T500RS here.

Yup totally agree.. I was running Torque 3 Sensitivity 8 and was pretty happy.. after this change I went to 4/10 but that feels a bit wooden and I went to 3/10. Still was overall better before the patch. Curbs feel way to soft and I really do not feel a tighter force when the wheel is in the center. Really it feels like they just pulled the maxes or spiked forces down. I bet it is more noticeable the higher end FFB hardware you have.

What wheel? With T300RS that sensitivity would cause full dull. I have it to 2, torque 6. Feels alright at least with Gr.3s and Gr.4s that I tested.

So are you saying making a game as fair as possible especially GT sport the official FIA game kinda its lame?, ok....beats me.

If balance between the cars is so important, why bother having different cars? Just release the game with a single non-adjustable car model. There is your balance and then all races will be about the driver.

It's in my sig.
Folks should list their input device ... i hate reading a post about 'handling' with interest, only to find out it's irrelevant because the author is 'driving' with a controller
Sorry. Gonna list mine too ;)

So I brought out my 911 GT3 RS to see the changes in the handling for DS4 users, and what can I say... The change is quite significant. The car doesn't understeer as much as it used to before, and I can drive it more aggressively. Before the update the lack of front-end grip was really a big issue for the car (since it's rear-engined and it doesn't have downforce up front), but now it feel fast during and when exiting corners. It can also change directions quicker; it isn't as sluggish as before. There's clearly more immediacy in the steering, as I had my steering sensitivity set to 7 before the update, it stayed at 7 and it definitely felt like 7 after the update.

Now I have not touched Sport mode one bit during the beta and up until now, so I wouldn't exactly know how it is to compete against wheel users, but the update feels like it attempts to make DS4 users competitive against wheel users.

If balance between the cars is so important, why bother having different cars? Just release the game with a single non-adjustable car model. There is your balance and then all races will be about the driver.
I think you can understand on your own why what you are saying is stupid. There is no perfect balance thats why i said as fair as possible . Still there is no rule or law saying you can change something on the cars past release

I think you can understand on your own why what you are saying is stupid. There is no perfect balance thats why i said as fair as possible . Still there is no rule or law saying you can change something on the cars past release

There is nothing stupid about my statement at all.

All these attempts and BoP in this game and in real life FIA endevours are the real stupidity.

In an attempt to achieve balance (which in an of itself runs contrary to the very idea of competition) all that happens is a very expensive set of rules and restrictions get put in place to achieve the same thing a one make spec series would, without actually having a 1 make spec series.

If you really are testing the drivers then make all the cars the same and draw the cars out of a hat each race.

There is your balance right there, without complex rules and enforcement.

I stopped caring about or watching motor racing many, many years ago - the governing bodies spend more time listening to their own voices than allowing competition to breed the best equipment and people.

You want balanced, enter a spec, one make series. You want to see who is the best then let the best compete with the best equipment they can muster.

All these attempts and BoP in this game and in real life FIA endevours are the real stupidity.

In an attempt to achieve balance (which in an of itself runs contrary to the very idea of competition) all that happens is a very expensive set of rules and restrictions get put in place to achieve the same thing a one make spec series would, without actually having a 1 make spec series.

If you really are testing the drivers then make all the cars the same and draw the cars out of a hat each race.

I stopped caring about or watching motor racing many, many years ago - the governing bodies spend more time listening to their own voices than allowing competition to breed the best equipment and people.

You want balanced, enter a spec, one make series. You want to see who is the best then let the best compete with the best equipment they can muster.

There are plenty of spec series out there, that's not what GT racing with different manufacturers is about.

Have a think about that before posting again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since you stopped watcing racing many many years ago you didn't see the resaults of the BOP in the series its being applyed so you can't have a clear opinion about it . And if you stopped caring about it why bother making this Comments anyway.

So I brought out my 911 GT3 RS to see the changes in the handling for DS4 users, and what can I say... The change is quite significant. The car doesn't understeer as much as it used to before, and I can drive it more aggressively. Before the update the lack of front-end grip was really a big issue for the car (since it's rear-engined and it doesn't have downforce up front), but now it feel fast during and when exiting corners. It can also change directions quicker; it isn't as sluggish as before. There's clearly more immediacy in the steering, as I had my steering sensitivity set to 7 before the update, it stayed at 7 and it definitely felt like 7 after the update.

Now I have not touched Sport mode one bit during the beta and up until now, so I wouldn't exactly know how it is to compete against wheel users, but the update feels like it attempts to make DS4 users competitive against wheel users.

There are a ton of users in sport mode using the DS4 they are quite fast as well. You should do fine although you ds4 users have a slight advantage because you can change direction faster. I’m slightly faster on the pad but prefer to get faster using the wheel for the emmersive experience

Back