GT Sport 1.05 Patch Arrives: Rebalanced BoP and Handling Changes

It cycles through the notices. There was a notice in game saying it was going down you just didn't see it.

I want to say you might be right but those notices in the Info panel link straight to the GTS website. There was no notice of the game going down last night. I've been looking at that panel religiously since people started mentioning the half-assed online only save implementation.

i normally play destiny/warframe/division. All online only games that clearly show when they'll go offline, have countdowns, and issue in game warnings about server status. I guess I was spoiled.

Why not change the cars overall though? That way they are more even when we go to use them in all modes of gameplay. That's just stupid
There is nothing stupid about my statement at all.

All these attempts and BoP in this game and in real life FIA endevours are the real stupidity.

In an attempt to achieve balance (which in an of itself runs contrary to the very idea of competition) all that happens is a very expensive set of rules and restrictions get put in place to achieve the same thing a one make spec series would, without actually having a 1 make spec series.

If you really are testing the drivers then make all the cars the same and draw the cars out of a hat each race.

There is your balance right there, without complex rules and enforcement.

I stopped caring about or watching motor racing many, many years ago - the governing bodies spend more time listening to their own voices than allowing competition to breed the best equipment and people.

You want balanced, enter a spec, one make series. You want to see who is the best then let the best compete with the best equipment they can muster.

I disagree. You can have spec cars but one team will be far quicker than another, car setup, engineering and preparation all play their part.

There are a ton of users in sport mode using the DS4 they are quite fast as well. You should do fine although you ds4 users have a slight advantage because you can change direction faster. I’m slightly faster on the pad but prefer to get faster using the wheel for the emmersive experience

Well those DS4 users are about to become faster now. Yeah we can change directions faster, but before the update, changing directions felt a bit sluggish. Now it's on another level of responsive.

It doesn’t matter what time they patch the servers because someone in the world is going to get screwed. It just happens to be the US west coast this time.
It does matterPD has access to data to know when peak usage times are. The vast majority of players are in Europe and NA if previous sales patterns hold. Logically you think they'd tailor the times to have the least impact on those players.
I want to say you might be right but those notices in the Info panel link straight to the GTS website. There was no notice of the game going down last night. I've been looking at that panel religiously since people started mentioning the half-assed online only save implementation.

i normally play destiny/warframe/division. All online only games that clearly show when they'll go offline, have countdowns, and issue in game warnings about server status. I guess I was spoiled.
We've always heard Kaz doesn't look at other racing games. Guess he doesn't look at other games either:indiff:

Well those DS4 users are about to become faster now. Yeah we can change directions faster, but before the update, changing directions felt a bit sluggish. Now it's on another level of responsive.

So I did Nurburgring with the wheel the other day using the Gr. 3 911 and time was 8:57.456 TC ON 2 ABS default

Today did the same track same time of day using the pad sensitivity at 6 TC 2 ABS default and time was 8:54

Did it again sensitivity at 5 ABS weak TC off and did a time of 8:45.594 ??? Interesting

Still dind't recive the login bonus and it still being displayed on the main menu... tried to do some Sport races, missions and other stuff... quitted the game and started again for a few times like i read above... still nothing.... Still 3 cars in my garage witch i cannot use from the collectors edition... they're double and the game tells me to download a patch again... witch is intalled.... still no golden helmet... still no safety cars, witch were included in the collectors edition....
Also the SB is still 🤬 up.. get a bump from behind and my SB is going down. Some guy crashed in front of me and i couldn't dodge him (Tokyo).. SB going down and recived a 10 second penalty while i couldn't brake more. It just really grind my gears...

What is GT/PD doing? Very frustating... will they have a solution for all of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I did Nurburgring with the wheel the other day using the Gr. 3 911 and time was 8:57.456 TC ON 2 ABS default

Today did the same track same time of day using the pad sensitivity at 6 TC 2 ABS default and time was 8:54

Did it again sensitivity at 5 ABS weak TC off and did a time of 8:45.594 ??? Interesting
This is exactly what I mean. Using a DS4 feels and is actually faster than before the patch.

Sensitivity 6 is a tad bit too responsive, 5 tones its down well enough. And you might have already gotten used to the new handling so you were able to set a faster time on the second run with the controller.

Can you test the tires next? I feel they've been changed with this new update.

This is exactly what I mean. Using a DS4 feels and is actually faster than before the patch.

Sensitivity 6 is a tad bit too responsive, 5 tones its down well enough. And you might have already gotten used to the new handling so you were able to set a faster time on the second run with the controller.

Can you test the tires next? I feel they've been changed with this new update.

Well I just did another lap with the wheel

TC 0
ABS weak
Torque 1
Sensitivity 1
Time 8:41.541
And I made two mistakes off track

I think it’s because using a pad you can’t feel all the vibration and road feel you can also brake later and harder and still turn in. Using a wheel makes that more difficult as you can feel every thing especially on the ring

I don't know of any real life spec series that doesn't allow adjustments. "Spec" just refers the components of the build being limited to specified parts. If those parts are physically adjustable, you can bet teams will adjust them.

There used to be a limited driver invitational series called IROC (International Race Of Champions) where the series invited top drivers from different types of racing series and they used one make of car prepared identically (all different colors) and the cars were randomly handed out to the drivers and they raced on different styles of tracks for a points champion of I believe it was either 4 or 6 races total.

The cars were not allowed to be touched by anyone other than the racing orgs. teams.

It was actually fun to watch as the Nascar guys did well on the high banks and the roadrace guys of course held the upper hand there usually. It has been defunct for years now, they were using the Camaro IROC Z during the majority of the years that the series ran.

Spec car means no car setup. It's all the same.
That depends on the spec series.

Most mean spec cars and components, however the that doesn't mean you can't change the setup.

It just means that everyone is limited to the same range of adjustment on the same components.

Not sure if it was for this update or 1.04, but the ghosting in Time Trial feels unnecessary (especially when you want to take photos) and I can't help but notice that the word "night" is now censored.

There are plenty of spec series out there, that's not what GT racing with different manufacturers is about.

Have a think about that before posting again.

No - really. If you as a fan and the FIA as the governing body are so obsessed about leveling the playing field (which just means letting the companies without the money and R&D have the same chance as the companies that spend the money without having to spend the money - IE they have no skin in the game because in typical modern fashion everyone gets a prize, even the loser) then be obsessed about the level playing field and have a spec series.

There is your fair level playing field.

Why have spec tires and spec weight and spec power but claim all the cars are different then as soon as someone makes their car better, they are nerfed back down? Just go spec series and be done.

Same with GT:S - why nerf the GT-R just because the car seems better? The fact the car is nerfed by way of BoP in a race and not the car itself, PROVES that a spec series would be better. :)

Is it really so bad that the GT-R was the go to car? Next time on another layout and race some other car will be the go to car, and so on and so forth.

No - really. If you as a fan and the FIA as the governing body are so obsessed about leveling the playing field (which just means letting the companies without the money and R&D have the same chance as the companies that spend the money without having to spend the money - IE they have no skin in the game because in typical modern fashion everyone gets a prize, even the loser) then be obsessed about the level playing field and have a spec series.

There is your fair level playing field.
Which FIA series do that?

Even with BoP the vast majority of series still sees the teams with the most money win.

Why have spec tires and spec weight and spec power but claim all the cars are different then as soon as someone makes their car better, they are nerfed back down? Just go spec series and be done.

Same with GT:S - why nerf the GT-R just because the car seems better? The fact the car is nerfed by way of BoP in a race and not the car itself, PROVES that a spec series would be better. :)
It doesn't prove that at all, you seem to be mistaking confirmation bias for proof.

Is it really so bad that the GT-R was the go to car? Next time on another layout and race some other car will be the go to car, and so on and so forth.
Yet the GT-R is the go to car for almost every track.

If balance between the cars is so important, why bother having different cars? Just release the game with a single non-adjustable car model. There is your balance and then all races will be about the driver.

^^^^This guy has apparently not watched any sort of road racing in the past 20 years.

Is it really so bad that the GT-R was the go to car? .

Yes, Lol. All the crap drivers pick them to set fast times in qualifying and when the race comes around they ram everybody off track because they don't know how to use their brakes and navigate traffic. When they mess up it was easier for them to get back up to speed but other cars not so much.

But that is neither here nor there. I sort of agree with not liking BoP to an extent. My version on BoP would be a Maximum HP/Tourque rating and and Minimum weight rating. That way manufactures still have a lot of choice in how everything else works to make the best car.

Seriously. Messing with cars after the game is officially released is lame.
Hnnnnnnn..... no! I can agree with you in some aspect, but only that a Miata is never going to win against a mclaren. But, the programmers get things wrong all the time. Like having a car that can set a considerably faster lap time at the ring than a truly better car, or it can set an insanely faster time than the real deal version of itself. Balancing certain cars prevents exploitation, which prevents “in order to be competitive,every racer uses a GTR”, can you imagine that? May as well name the game GT-R instead of GT-S!

Last edited:
Even with BoP the vast majority of series still sees the teams with the most money win.
Thank you for proving my point.

If you want a true level playing field you would have a spec series.

^^^^This guy has apparently not watched any sort of road racing in the past 20 years.

Last full race I sat down to watch was in 1992. I have tried over the years to get into other series but the homologation, government and other petty nature of the series turns me off.

Last bike series I watched with interest was Formula USA. A true run what you brung class.

Yes, Lol. All the crap drivers pick them to set fast times in qualifying and when the race comes around they ram everybody off track because they don't know how to use their brakes and navigate traffic. When they mess up it was easier for them to get back up to speed but other cars not so much.

But that is neither here nor there. I sort of agree with not liking BoP to an extent. My version on BoP would be a Maximum HP/Tourque rating and and Minimum weight rating. That way manufactures still have a lot of choice in how everything else works to make the best car.

Bingo - run what you brung - only numbers that count are weight & power. If you want to have a 46 cylinder 1mpg behemoth that needs 51 pit stops and the other uses a 21cc 1 cylinder that runs without pit stop, yet you both make Xhp and weigh Y, tahts all you need worry about.

The market (that is the race) will sort the rest out.

******with regard to the patch******
I believe we may finally have a T500RS/TH8 shifter patch. Missed shifts no longer see you stuck in neutral revving like a banshee, but you stay in the previous gear.

Unless this was present before, but as of last night I was still getting stuck in neutral, this evening not so much.

Last edited:
9 of the top 11 in the Group 4 race are in Meganes and another in 13th in qualifying. That Megane needs to be nerfed a bit.

I was 12th for most of that race with the only non-Megane being the Scirocco.

Last edited:
9 of the top 11 in the Group 4 race are in Meganes and another in 13th in qualifying. That Megane needs to be nerfed a bit.

I was 12th for most of that race with the only non-Megane being the Scirocco.

It's same as Scirocco before nerf. Huge acceleration. Even if you mess up a turn, you can still easily catch up with others.

The Megane was always a straight monster in Gr.4, it's just people found the Scirocco to be better overall so they all used it. But the Megane severely lacks traction and entry bite, on Suzuka East and Kyoto Mini I was much faster with the Cayman than with the Megane. It doesn't need to be nerfed, it needs to be rebalanced.

I'd say reduce the power but also reduce weight, and / or increase stock front downforce so the overall lap time remains similar or slighlty better on technical courses, without it having a vastly superior acceleration (which makes it too easy to gain positions early in the race when people are packed, and then defend). Reducing stock front camber would also help it a bit with traction.

Anyway, the BoP will need several iterations before it gets really balanced. When a car is obviously a level above the others, most people jump on the meta, the others just picking whichever they won or like. Nobody will willingly pick the second best car, so PoDi won't actually get much data on that second car before the first one gets nerfed. Only other solution would be to actually hire some test drivers to drive, drive and drive again and compare the cars. Not sure that would be much faster though.

The Megane was always a straight monster in Gr.4, it's just people found the Scirocco to be better overall so they all used it. But the Megane severely lacks traction and entry bite, on Suzuka East and Kyoto Mini I was much faster with the Cayman than with the Megane. It doesn't need to be nerfed, it needs to be rebalanced.
To be honest, I haven't driven the Megane myself. I'm enjoying the stability of the Jaguar F-Type so have just noticed the problems there. I definitely agree on nerfing power and that's really what I was saying about.

If the other aspects are true as you say they are, then the BOP changes would be useful for other circuits.

Anyway, the BoP will need several iterations before it gets really balanced. When a car is obviously a level above the others, most people jump on the meta, the others just picking whichever they won or like. Nobody will willingly pick the second best car, so PoDi won't actually get much data on that second car before the first one gets nerfed. Only other solution would be to actually hire some test drivers to drive, drive and drive again and compare the cars. Not sure that would be much faster though.
You don't need to hire people for this. You have a community of thousands and thousands of dedicated GT fans that would cut off their left cajone to be a guinea pig for Kaz. :D All they'd have to do is organize them.

Latest Posts

Back