GT Sport 1.05 Patch Arrives: Rebalanced BoP and Handling Changes

Seriously. Messing with cars after the game is officially released is lame.
If they want to balance it then it would be nice if they give the weak cars a power boost instead of downscaling the normal ones to a weaker version.
Then no one complains.
I guess you are not familiar with real life GT3. In GT3 manufacturers can almost build anything they want and submit it for homologation, then the car is balanced to match the rest of the field, this is done primarily by downscaling as you put it to match the rest of the field. This process is constantly fine tuned. That is one of the key elements for GT3's popularity and the spirit of the process is to make racing affordable as there is no benifit in spending millions as your car will just be nerfed to be comparable to the rest of the field.
One thing that does bother me is that BoP required an update, rather than being a server side adjustment!
Perhaps it is a two way handshake to ensure fair play.
WOW man, that would be spot on for me!!! Brake Pedal Calibration, been struggling with that since the closed beta. Something is wrong with GT Sport and braking, and it seems it is not only with my T500 RS, I think I read something with the G29 also...

But I've been searching for complaints about this issue, and nothing... maybe it's just me! :confused:
I've complained and others have also. Apparently PD are aware of certain issues and looking into it but personally I'm surprised they were not aware of the complaints before GT Sport. This isn't something people have just started complaining about, it has always been an issue with the GT series.
If balance between the cars is so important, why bother having different cars? Just release the game with a single non-adjustable car model. There is your balance and then all races will be about the driver.
Balance does not mean identical cars. A balanced multi make series provides the best form of racing, this is achieved by cars that are capable of the same lap times but stronger in different areas. This makes for exciting racing for the fans with plenty of back and forth if the drivers are of comparable skill. A single make series effectively sorts the drivers out by ability, a balanced multi make series can achieve the same in a way that is exciting to watch and it also introduces a stronger element of tactics or race craft. Another reason is because greater fan interest is created by having brands and products fans and drivers are loyal to.
There is nothing stupid about my statement at all.

All these attempts and BoP in this game and in real life FIA endevours are the real stupidity.

In an attempt to achieve balance (which in an of itself runs contrary to the very idea of competition) all that happens is a very expensive set of rules and restrictions get put in place to achieve the same thing a one make spec series would, without actually having a 1 make spec series.

If you really are testing the drivers then make all the cars the same and draw the cars out of a hat each race.

There is your balance right there, without complex rules and enforcement.

I stopped caring about or watching motor racing many, many years ago - the governing bodies spend more time listening to their own voices than allowing competition to breed the best equipment and people.

You want balanced, enter a spec, one make series. You want to see who is the best then let the best compete with the best equipment they can muster.

You really haven't thought this out. Racing technology has progressed to the point where humans can't drive the cars they can build. You may not realise it but what you want is robot cars racing around in circles just so rich manufacturers can decide who can go around in circles faster. At the end of the day they could just save time and have a competition to see who can burn the most amount of money the fastest. F1 has always been about spending the most on tech advancement to be quicker but even they had to do something so they created limits that teams must work inside of but they can still spend as much money as they want to try and win. The problem is without any type of BoP teams can simply spend more money to win and it is no longer racing, all they are doing is competing to see who is happiest spending the most money. The result is boring races and a loss of interest from fans which is what we have seen in F1.

The purpose of BoP in real life racing is to create exciting racing without the ridiculous expense. The result is exactly the opposite of what you claim, BoP makes racing cheaper not more expensive. It is not expensive to build a GT3 car, the prestigious manufacturers that build cars might charge a pretty penny for them but the reality is for the prestige of the class they are not that expensive comparatively anyway and GT4 is even cheaper. Think about it, anyone can build a car relatively cheap that could dominate GT3 and that is all any builder needs to do to create a car for GT3. Then they submit that car to be homologated and it is balanced to match the rest of the field. Once BoP is performed what you are left with is a class that looks great with a variety of cars that all have different strengths and weaknesses but are competitive against each other in regards to the possibility of winning.

If there were no rules and no BoP only the richest of the rich could afford to go racing and no one would watch because racing would be boring so there would be no racing.
Spec car means no car setup. It's all the same.
Spec car means to be fast everyone must drive the same, unless the cars are terrible race cars it is an exclusive form of racing. Exclusive because it excludes any other style of driving. Spec racing works best when the race car is terrible, low grip cars that don't want to turn and are difficult to get the power down make for great spec racing. Generally this works best for lower levels of racing. But spec doesn't always mean no tuning and can sometimes even allow for certain variations. Supercars is a spec racing class that allows for more than one type of car but all cars are built to spec and tuning is allowed, Supercars stands out among spec racing as being a class that uses terrible race cars that don't turn and can't put the power down, are under tyred and way over powered with no drivers aids and are actually very fast and what this results in is incredible racing. To the fans who don't know any better there is more than one car shape and even more than one motor but the reality is Supercars is spec racing and it is brilliant.
True. Spec racing in games almost always means no tuning and the same car for everyone though.
Racing in a game isn't the same as racing in the real world unfortunately. But this kind of spec racing can provide fun racing for drivers in low powered cars but it's just not as good as real life racing. And of course there is the issue I mentioned earlier where in such a class there is only one type of driving that will be fastest.

Seriously. Messing with cars after the game is officially released is lame.
You know you could mess with the suspension tuning and gear ratios to match the power band. Take the Gr.4 Viper for example. It does have a good power and torque band. And for the track Dragon's Trail. That track you want to hit the top speed as quick as you can but thanks to BoP, you have added weight with a reduction in power. what to do? Tune suspension to match the body roll of the car and track, then focus on getting the perfect gear ratios.

To be fair the GT-R did retain all of its power with only a weight addition which did nothing to balance the field. Also it is an AWD car meaning no TCS (unless over 500 bHp). If you can tune any portion of the vehicle, then you have already made the nerf meaningless.

Not at all, getting the cars as equal as possible is important in a BoP class, and it should continue to evolve over the life of the game.
I feel like people are still not understanding what this game is trying for PD has tried to explain. We just dont listen Perhaps in a month or two it will sink in or we will know more. I fall victim to this as well.

So the money / xp glitch is patched whats the best way to rank up now after completing the game 100% ?

Yeah, that sucks. I got used to just letting it run while at work etc... Ohh well I already own every car anyway, was working on doubles...

Yeah, that sucks. I got used to just letting it run while at work etc... Ohh well I already own every car anyway, was working on doubles...
I found today that if your car is moving you can still "glitch" put rubber bands on Northern Isle Speedway I tested it out for a quick 10 min race in the MX5 then jumped right in to 24h glitch lol

Anyone else unable to tune for daily races? I see that fixed is on but all that does is create something I think PD isn't ready for, the "META". They really need to allow for variable tuning for daily races.

I finally got around to trying GT Sport out after the 1.5 update and the changes to FFB are so disappointing. I really liked the FFB with the G29 before the update, a little more around the center might have been nice but that's all if I'm being real picky but it was great FFB and now it's terrible. GT Sport went from having my favourite FFB to the worst FFB in one update :(

The car icons regenerate themselves if you leave the screen alone for a moment.

Here is a request for the next patch: Replace the green smiley for the server status with something that fits with the overall menu design, that thing is horrid.
I vote to keep the green smiley face.

Also I’m happy with the latest update. The Porsche GT3 went from being an under steering, driving on ice handful to a very drivable car now.

Last edited:
I tried for the first time the game after the update, trying to sort out how to drive on this evening races... And meh, I cannot keep the cars in the track... What happened? Are the old setups now completely unusable?

Anyone else notice how in time trials, especially with Group B cars, the car tends to ghost out if you get sideways or go a little bit off line. I've heard turning off flagging helps in custom races, but this still persists in time trial mode.

Dear god! what the hell have they done to the evo x! it under steers and handles like crap now! Not to mention it takes 5 min to slow the car down. Its as if the car has cheese for brake pads.

@Oelix The design of the green smiley reminds me something like Clippy in the old Word softwares.
microsoft-clippy.jpg

I tried for the first time the game after the update, trying to sort out how to drive on this evening races... And meh, I cannot keep the cars in the track... What happened? Are the old setups now completely unusable?
Total opposite for me. Been a few days since I played this last, and as a pad user this update makes the game play like a dream. I haven’t tried all of my cars but I was able to catch drifts and control nudge that would otherwise have sent me spinnng and flying off the tack. It was a great game before, and now they made it properly fun again. Just need Trial Mountain and Laguna Seca tracks and it’ll be perfect.

What’s up with the Beetle now? Gr.3 daily race today top times was almost all Beetles. Top 6 when I last raced was all Beetles and my lonely Lexus. Half the rest were Beetles as well.

Felt like I was playing Beetle adventure racing on the N64 haha.

What’s up with the Beetle now? Gr.3 daily race today top times was almost all Beetles. Top 6 when I last raced was all Beetles and my lonely Lexus. Half the rest were Beetles as well.

Felt like I was playing Beetle adventure racing on the N64 haha.

I'll tell you whats up (no only with Beetle but with other cars too).
People check the top 10 times before entering an event.
Usually there is 1 or maybe 2 cars in that board (only exeption I've seen is in the Manufacturer's Cup,kinda logical if you think about it).
So they see the "dominant" car and they pick it themselfs.Its similar to the "meta" in mmorpg games.
Some things are just "overused",others are that "popular" with good reason (being stronger that the rest).
But either way it "tells" that BoP is not working.If it was then you would see more different brands in top 10 than just one or two.

I'll tell you whats up (no only with Beetle but with other cars too).
People check the top 10 times before entering an event.
Usually there is 1 or maybe 2 cars in that board (only exeption I've seen is in the Manufacturer's Cup,kinda logical if you think about it).
So they see the "dominant" car and they pick it themselfs.Its similar to the "meta" in mmorpg games.
Some things are just "overused",others are that "popular" with good reason (being stronger that the rest).
But either way it "tells" that BoP is not working.If it was then you would see more different brands in top 10 than just one or two.

To me it's not relevant for most drivers. If you want to be in the top 10 worldwide, fine take the Beetle. If not, just take the car you like , in most races I've done the best lap is probably 3/4 seconds behind the top 10 best laps... Players are just acting stupid in my opinion.

To me it's not relevant for most drivers. If you want to be in the top 10 worldwide, fine take the Beetle. If not, just take the car you like , in most races I've done the best lap is probably 3/4 seconds behind the top 10 best laps... Players are just acting stupid in my opinion.

They dont choose the top 10 car because they want to be in the top 10 ranks.They do it to have an advantage over others in their races.
Its simple:use the best-fast- car,get better lap times,get better race resualts even if you are an E DR.

They dont choose the top 10 car because they want to be in the top 10 ranks.They do it to have an advantage over others in their races.
Its simple:use the best-fast- car,get better lap times,get better race resualts even if you are an E DR.

It's not that simple no. Most of the casual drivers would make similarish times with all cars! No matter what car they have since they don't drive at track/car limit. I would add most drivers would make their best time with the most balanced car, maybe the 4C.

I have won the Tokyo express night race on friday with the Huracan, I have won on Nurburgring with a Grp 3 650s and Maggiore with the Grp 3 Corvette , I would encourage people to test all cars, and forget about the Top 10 leaderboard because it's just a different world.

The GTR was much faster before the patch, that was clear; but apart from that...

I'm currently B / B by the way.

It's not that simple no. Most of the casual drivers would make similarish times with all cars! No matter what car they have since they don't drive at track/car limit. I would add most drivers would make their best time with the most balanced car, maybe the 4C.

I have won the Tokyo express night race on friday with the Huracan, I have won on Nurburgring with a Grp 3 650s and Maggiore with the Grp 3 Corvette , I would encourage people to test all cars, and forget about the Top 10 leaderboard because it's just a different world.

The GTR was much faster before the patch, that was clear; but apart from that...

I'm currently B / B by the way.

I agree that people should test every car.I do that.Most of the times I get better lap times with a top 10 car than with the others.And I am "slow" or "average".So I know that in fact its the car and not my "pace" that gives me a sec or two....

.... still no golden helmet... still no safety cars, witch were included in the collectors edition....

What is GT/PD doing? Very frustating... will they have a solution for all of this?

There NEVER WAS a Golden Helmet, it's Chrome!! But as another owner of the Collector's Edition, you're 100% spot-on when you say it's Frustrating.

Latest Posts

Back