GT Sport 1.12 Update Now Available

Exactly :lol: you can't drive on the kerbstones but you can go straight through chicanes

Yes ride slightly over and it's a near 8 second penalty at certain points of the track, where you've gained a tenth at most. :lol: Yet if you cut massively you get minutes worth of penalties( for some reason) which then confuses the game and resets to nothing. :lol:

I thought this but after hotlapping Dragon Trail with BoP on for months on end (over used track) using a GTR my best lap was a 1.34.9 (I got it once! I usually get low 1.35's). I then decided to take the BMW out for a spin, after about 30 laps I got a good few 1.34.9s so it's already a few tenths better. Then I got a 1.34.7! I thought that was crazy, until....

Then I put CSA on strong to really scrape the barrel, given its the only aid that doesn't slow you down. On the 6th lap I got a 1.34.3!! Absolutely mental time imo.

I then went back out in the GTR and got to 1.34.7 but there was no chance of much of an improvement, the GTR lap felt as good if not better than the previous best M6 lap.

Me and few others were there for an hour or so just hotlapping constantly trying to get close to a reported time we all suspect to be a Grip Bug V2.

After all that time and testing:

The M6 gave me about 0.3s and CSA-Strong got me about 0.4s.

Edit: switched the M6 + CSA time saved
It‘d only need a nerf if it‘s clearly faster at every track. There are some tracks where it is kinda useless imho and there are some where it‘s good at bc of the high top speed. The BOP irl is supposed to equalize the field throughout a season which works fine. Unfortunately in GTS you‘re allowed to change your car to the one that suits the car best. That‘s why the manufacturers championship is somewhat better in terms of BOP usage.

I doubt this update will have any BoP adjustments. It will most likely fix the tire regeneration glitch and maybe the monza track limits.
Actually, they probably have a good amount of data to work with with the GR.1 cars to make some initial tweaks.

I thought this but after hotlapping Dragon Trail with BoP on for months on end (over used track) using a GTR my best lap was a 1.34.9 (I got it once! I usually get low 1.35's). I then decided to take the BMW out for a spin, after about 30 laps I got a good few 1.34.9s so it's already a few tenths better. Then I got a 1.34.7! I thought that was crazy, until....

Then I put CSA on strong to really scrape the barrel, given its the only aid that doesn't slow you down. On the 6th lap I got a 1.34.3!! Absolutely mental time imo.

I then went back out in the GTR and got to 1.34.7 but there was no chance of much of an improvement, the GTR lap felt as good if not better than the previous best M6 lap.

Me and few others were there for an hour or so just hotlapping constantly trying to get close to a reported time we all suspect to be a Grip Bug V2.

I was talking about the M4 actually , still tho , i am suprised to see how op the M6 is right now.
I don't mind that much tho , i just want an end to the Porsche Cup that's almost every Gr.3 race in Sport mode

I actually like how kerbs function on Monza, maybe it should be a bit more forgiving on Roggia right turner and on Ascari right turner. But all in all, other tracks should be like this...

Would be nice to get with this update at least variations of some of the excising tracks...

And BoP on Gr.1 of course (tune down the VGT to the max :))...

That's a thing? I run lobbies all the time and I've never heard of it, unless it's a rare occurrence.

Did see this happen few times yesterday. Reason seems to be if theres a player in the lobby not seeing one of the other players, this player who is not seen by all players is stuck at grid when the race starts.

I actually like how kerbs function on Monza, maybe it should be a bit more forgiving on Roggia right turner and on Ascari right turner. But all in all, other tracks should be like this...

Would be nice to get with this update at least variations of some of the excising tracks...

And BoP on Gr.1 of course (tune down the VGT to the max :))...

What exactly is wrong with the VGT's? I see top times posted with VGT's and LMP cars, which VGT's are OP in GR.1?

Did see this happen few times yesterday. Reason seems to be if theres a player in the lobby not seeing one of the other players, this player who is not seen by all players is stuck at grid when the race starts.

I remember there was issues with people not seeing other players but being able to message in the chat on both GT5 and 6, but I always held that to bad internet connection on their part. Maybe it's related somehow to that.

Hope this update gives us something to forget the last few days...
upload_2018-2-8_17-27-7.png

Adding both Daytona tracks

Maybe normal tracks are too complicated for them.

Any comments about how Daytona is not an iconic track and not realizing that the Oval is only a part of Daytona and the full course holds events and has been for decades that attracts word class drivers and teams to compete must fail to realize that every year they just happen to run a race known as the Rolex 24 hour which most top racers from many disciplines consider to be one of the crown jewels of motorsports.

Below is just a list of some of the top drivers which took the green flag and raced in the 2018 race just held a couple of weeks ago.

Do a history of past race winners and competitors over the years and you will come up with basically a who is who in motorsport racing.

So not understanding the importance of Daytona Motor Speedway as it relates to motorsports history basically just shows a lack of knowledge when it comes to the history of motorsports.

Some of the more notable names which started this years Rolex 24,

Two-time F1 champion Fernando Alonso, the Spanish McLaren driver who will make his first appearance at Daytona as part of the United Autosports Ligier LMP2 team.

Active F1 driver is on sports car duty at the Rolex 24: Canadian Lance Stroll, who has been confirmed for a second season with the Williams F1 team this year.

Other drivers with an F1 connection: Lando Norris, a McLaren junior driver and FIA European Formula 3 champion, is teaming with Alonso in the United Autosports entry. And 2017 Williams test and reserve driver Paul Di Resta, who raced in F1 with Force India for two years, will be part of a sister team to Alonso’s in another United Autosports Ligier.

Of course, another racer with very strong F1 and U.S. ties returns to IMSA competition this season as—for the first time in his career—a full-time sports car driver. Juan Pablo Montoya not only has F1, NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA wins on his resume, but this year he will be going for the championship as part of the new Team Penske Acura ARX-05 two-car Prototype team.

The other Team Penske Acura is just as star-studded, as ex-IndyCar racer Helio Castroneves moves to IMSA for the full season, joined by Ricky Taylor, the 2017 IMSA champ. They will partner with still another IndyCar full-timer and race winner, Graham Rahal, for the four longest races of the year.

Past series champ and Indy 500 winner Ryan Hunter-Reay will be part of the Wayne Taylor Racing Konica-Minolta Cadillac Prototype team, which won the 2017 series championship.

The other Action Express car has regular driver Christian Fittipaldi

What do you mean? What are you talking about?
This whole tire regeneration thing shouldt not have happended 20 years of working on so called tire models and we get this the whole fia daily races mode is ****ed due to this glitch S drivers who should be D drivers a racing game with no weather filled with fantasy tracks and a messed up tiremodel thats what happened

Did you do that time on Racing Hard Tires?

Relaxing Monza?

I wanted to do the daily race at Monza yesterday, but after qualifying I decided I didn't need the aggravation. The track limits are WAY to strict at Monza and WAY to liberal at Maggiore.

Maybe normal tracks are too complicated for them.

I'm jocking :D.
Maybe being able to properly spell normal words for you is too complicated?

I'm joking :D.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm really hoping that they fix the issue of the penalty time countdown.

It's the issue where you get a penalty and are trying to slow down, but the penalty time doesn't start to come down until much later then the initial indicated time.

I'm really hoping that they fix the issue of the penalty time countdown.

I hope that they fix this as well and all penalties accrued during a race are assessed and added to the final results.

The practice of scrubbing off penalties going through slow corners on many tracks without even actually slowing down makes the penalty system more ineffective as to be basically worthless on some tracks.

Penalties applied at the end will start costing finish positions which will result more in drivers trying to avoid accruing penalties making for better racing overall.

Latest Posts

Back