GT Sport 1.12 Update Now Available

I hope that they fix this as well and all penalties accrued during a race are assessed and added to the final results.

The practice of scrubbing off penalties going through slow corners on many tracks without even actually slowing down makes the penalty system more ineffective as to be basically worthless on some tracks.

Penalties applied at the end will start costing finish positions which will result more in drivers trying to avoid accruing penalties making for better racing overall.

That is a fine idea indeed but.... there´s a catch... Many times (too much. I believe) such time penalties come upon you because a "marauder" sent you out of track or against a wall!! Sometimes it evens comes form those so unjust an stupid.. "yellow Flag - no passing" penalties.. others still because a guy lost the control of a car and you simply have the worst timing (luck) possible and are on is rampaging way...and can´t do nothing to avoid crashing him!!! And.. don´t you think that it´s so unjust that you still will have to pay with that "added bonus" ??? :banghead:

such time penalties come upon you because a "marauder" sent you out of track or against a wall!!
If the penalties for contact start costing finishing positions hopefully people will start driving with more regard to drawing the penalty and contact incidents will be reduced overall.

others still because a guy lost the control of a car and you simply have the worst timing (luck) possible and are on is rampaging way...and can´t do nothing to avoid crashing

This same thing happens in the real world as well, just a part of racing luck.

comes form those so unjust an stupid.. "yellow Flag - no passing" penalties..

I think in the whole time they have had the yellow flag penalties I have gotten two penalties that I did not deserve.

Maybe I am just lucky but my experience the frequency of a yellow flag penalty hurting me is much less than the benefits because the penalties cannot be scrubbed off in race but are assessed at race end.

If such encourages racers to race cleaner or they are reduced to lower ranks because of worse finishes from the penalties they accrue and I will not be matched in their lobbies in the future then I consider that a win for my Sport racing overall.

Native Fanatec CSL Elite support in new patch

Would be great. But this is what's just posted on the Fanatec forum, would be amazed if PD released it already now while Fanatec isn't sure about the timeline yet...
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
Full Implementation of the CSL ELite Racing Wheel in GTS (blue mode)
I have received an update from Polyphony and got the confirmation that the wheel is already implemented in the code and that they are fine tuning it. Unfortunately I did not get any confirmation when this change will be patched to the game.
But it looks that this this should not stop you from going fast.

I remember there was issues with people not seeing other players but being able to message in the chat on both GT5 and 6, but I always held that to bad internet connection on their part. Maybe it's related somehow to that.
It's related to invisibility issues, but I have ethernet cable, static IP, and DMZ on a 100mb/10mb internet and still happens to me.

Everybody's doing their usual, predictable wish lists again of what tracks they want or think will come, what cars, what changes to penalties, DR and SR, BOP etc. This is most likely just to address the various bugs and issues that have recently been highlighted. It is odd that it states update as well as maintenance but i would bet the update is literally just bug fixes and absolutely nothing more.

I am expecting some track limit updates, because the top times at Nurb GP are all a bunch of cheeseballs driving in places that are clearly off the course but not getting penalize, I'm talking a full car width off the track. Humans seems to not care when it comes to displaying out right cheating I see. Let's hope PD are viewing these top time laps by these folks, I was wondering why I was off the pace by such a lengthy time, my eyes were opened. Got to love those who make no effort to reign in being a cheat. This is why I feel bad for online players have no recourse but to deal with multiple of this kind of dishonest person.

I am expecting some track limit updates, because the top times at Nurb GP are all a bunch of cheeseballs driving in places that are clearly off the course but not getting penalize, I'm talking a full car width off the track. Humans seems to not care when it comes to displaying out right cheating I see. Let's hope PD are viewing these top time laps by these folks, I was wondering why I was off the pace by such a lengthy time, my eyes were opened. Got to love those who make no effort to reign in being a cheat. This is why I feel bad for online players have no recourse but to deal with multiple of this kind of dishonest person.
They do seem to be monitoring the top ten, several chicane cutters at Monza had their times removed in the Oceania region.👍

This has to be a fix for the tire refresh and multiple serious issues at Monza. And hopefully an improvement to the yellow caution periods. Also would love to see a fix for penalty time countdown, dam I hate that bug. How many times do I have to back off the gas before the penalty *actually* starts counting down? BARF

I have a bad feeling PD is going to nerf the amount of credits you can earn in the GT League races. :( Have mercy, Kaz.

No way... we now have two $20 million cars in the game. If they reduce earned credits, I will throw my head out the window :(

Please nerf the stupid Mazda. I mean, Gr.1 should mostly be about the real cars (Porsche, Toyota, Audi and Peugeot), not the very silly VGTs.

I agree. VGT cars are Gr.X category, regardless of performance. Although I don't want them to get rid of the LM55 Gr.1 car, just move it to Gr.X category. Like the Veyron Gr.1 car, and others.

Everybody's doing their usual, predictable wish lists again of what tracks they want or think will come, what cars, what changes to penalties, DR and SR, BOP etc. This is most likely just to address the various bugs and issues that have recently been highlighted. It is odd that it states update as well as maintenance but i would bet the update is literally just bug fixes and absolutely nothing more.

What did you expect? :P

So do we just speculate blindly/wish for what we want to happen in the game now regardless of what is is actually in the update? Some of these threads are getting very hilarious :lol:

I'm hoping the update includes a new system that for each time some div hits the back of my car I get credited £20 into my bank account linked to PlayStation. It's about as realistic as the dross in these threads!

You can't even go on the kerbstones on Monza :lol:

You can, just need to keep 1 wheel on the black stuff.

@Sven Jurgens said he did 9 or 10 races yesterday and only a couple of racers in each races finished without a red dot. It's nearly impossible to use the track without being penalised.

Yet every race I managed to finish without a single corner cut penalty, while using the curbs on the insides, just not all 4 wheels on the curb. There's nothing wrong with the track limits. The penalties coming off too easily is what's wrong.

It's not keep 1 wheel on the kerb, rest in the grass.

Hope they fix the "browse liveries" issue. Whenever I browse liveries for some time, the PS4 Pro fan speeds up. I've mentioned this on here and others have confirmed the same, is this even on their radar? Are they aware of it?

Hope they fix the "browse liveries" issue. Whenever I browse liveries for some time, the PS4 Pro fan speeds up. I've mentioned this on here and others have confirmed the same, is this even on their radar? Are they aware of it?
It‘s because the menu animation runs behind the discovery section window lol
What bugs me more is that „show older“ just jumps like 12h each time you hit it. Imagine in 3 years you‘ll have to scroll two weeks when searching for a sticker... :D

- Please add Glossy Deep Black color

- Please add Matte color options in the Paint menu

- Please allow us to change Custom Wheels to all the Vision Gran Turismo (VGT) cars

So do we just speculate blindly/wish for what we want to happen in the game now regardless of what is is actually in the update? Some of these threads are getting very hilarious :lol:
Mine was meant to be hilarious but it is Speedweeks (about adding Daytona tracks)

Back