GT Sport and the Logitech G29

• Thread starter Kris Stoney
  • 232 comments
E'yo guys,

So is it a;ready possible to change the rotation angle of the wheel or not?

Just bought g29 and the angle is too big. Plugged it into PC and would like to change it but I am not sure if it helps?

Just put 40 degre angle to see what will happen. Nothing. So, G29 has a big minus from me. I am not sure if in the other wheels it is possible to change this angle but I suppose it is so having wheel which is currently not able to set according to my preferences is like being cheated with the product that I bought. This will be nightmare to drive with this rotation angle.

Last edited:
I'm a totally n00b with a wheel I had it for a day, And after reading some post I can not understand how you drive with 7 Sensitivity, I have to have it on -2 just to get around tight corners, With a 7 sounds unbearable for me would mean you have to drive like a driving instructor just to get around a tight corner feeding the wheel. Or am I misunderstanding something?

I know this is a bit off topic here but could someone maybe take some time to help me with the basics of getting a good feel for a wheel, I seem to have massive steering problems, and Sometimes it feels like I forgot to brake and go straight into the wall (even though I do brake!)

E'yo guys,

So is it a;ready possible to change the rotation angle of the wheel or not?

Just bought g29 and the angle is too big. Plugged it into PC and would like to change it but I am not sure if it helps?

Just put 40 degre angle to see what will happen. Nothing. So, G29 has a big minus from me. I am not sure if in the other wheels it is possible to change this angle but I suppose it is so having wheel which is currently not able to set according to my preferences is like being cheated with the product that I bought. This will be nightmare to drive with this rotation angle.
Only the CSL Elite has proper wheel rotation change ability, you can do it with a T300 as well but it resets to 1080 after every little load, like pressing retry button, or entering qualifying after practice and subsequently entering race after qualifying.
I'm a totally n00b with a wheel I had it for a day, And after reading some post I can not understand how you drive with 7 Sensitivity, I have to have it on -2 just to get around tight corners, With a 7 sounds unbearable for me would mean you have to drive like a driving instructor just to get around a tight corner feeding the wheel. Or am I misunderstanding something?

I know this is a bit off topic here but could someone maybe take some time to help me with the basics of getting a good feel for a wheel, I seem to have massive steering problems, and Sometimes it feels like I forgot to brake and go straight into the wall (even though I do brake!)
Drive with whatever settings that suits your style, just don't channel your inner hulk when doing it lest you break your rig.

It just takes a bit of time to get used to it. There's no quick fix. I found it useful to try it out in as many games as possible. Look for demos in the store if you're short on titles. If you've been playing GTS with ds4, try to not compare times. It can be disheartening to see how much slower you are initially. I think it took me about a month to get anywhere near my ds4 times (I was playing driveclub when I got mine).

It just takes a bit of time to get used to it. There's no quick fix. I found it useful to try it out in as many games as possible. Look for demos in the store if you're short on titles. If you've been playing GTS with ds4, try to not compare times. It can be disheartening to see how much slower you are initially. I think it took me about a month to get anywhere near my ds4 times (I was playing driveclub when I got mine).

I agree... I had project cars when I changed from ds4 to g29 and I said to myself no way am as quick with the wheel. But given time to get used to the wheel I was way faster and smoother.
I will never go back to ds4 now only for motorbike games. Roll on 'on the edge TT' !

Yup thanks for the heads up my times are way off, I've been driving irl 20 years and my control is just embarrassing. But after what you said I'll stick with it and learn from scratch.

The higher sensitivity should mean you turn the wheel less. Doesn’t it? Now I’m second guessing myself

Well, I turned the well more in 7 then I did -2, I think GT Sport got it the wrong way around. But saying that I am a proper n00b on the wheel front so I could of just had massive oversteer from my part and scrubbing the tyres on bends. I need to test more.

Well, I turned the well more in 7 then I did -2, I think GT Sport got it the wrong way around. But saying that I am a proper n00b on the wheel front so I could of just had massive oversteer from my part and scrubbing the tyres on bends. I need to test more.

I use my G29 on the default GTS settings which I think is 5/5 and think it feels just fine. Maybe because I've just gotten used to it. As has been mentioned here before, GTS doesn't give as much feedback as in previous titles. I rely on visual cues from the car more as to what the car is doing along with the feel from the wheel. There are certain long sweeping curves and slow corners where you will get you get your arms crossed up. But it's really not that difficult to handle.

You really don't need to use a lot of brakes to be fast. Also it's good to use visual markers on the side of the road to use as braking points. Using a combination of braking and the engine rpm's to slow the car works best. Try using less brakes and downshift through the gears til you're at the proper rpm to take the turn safely. Then slowly apply throttle out as to not break the tires loose. I recommend watching some of the top 10 times in the dally races. Turn on race data and study when how they brake and accelerate. It will all become second nature after a while and you'll never want to pick up the DS4 again except to navigate menus.

I use my G29 on the default GTS settings which I think is 5/5 and think it feels just fine. Maybe because I've just gotten used to it. As has been mentioned here before, GTS doesn't give as much feedback as in previous titles. I rely on visual cues from the car more as to what the car is doing along with the feel from the wheel. There are certain long sweeping curves and slow corners where you will get you get your arms crossed up. But it's really not that difficult to handle.

You really don't need to use a lot of brakes to be fast. Also it's good to use visual markers on the side of the road to use as braking points. Using a combination of braking and the engine rpm's to slow the car works best. Try using less brakes and downshift through the gears til you're at the proper rpm to take the turn safely. Then slowly apply throttle out as to not break the tires loose. I recommend watching some of the top 10 times in the dally races. Turn on race data and study when how they brake and accelerate. It will all become second nature after a while and you'll never want to pick up the DS4 again except to navigate menus.

Just had another session and I think your right, I adjusted my sens a bit higher +3 and I wasn't crossing my hands too much, So I think it was more my one day wonder rushing into corners to fast and trying to correct things. I feel more competitive now about mid-pack, Problem is now I'm mid-pack in picking up them annoying knocks from aggressive players and ruining my race! but that's another story!. Even on day 2 I do love that control in a tight race, you can keep so much closer to the other cars, just need them to respect driving and would be such an amazing experience.

As above but also the USB sockets still receive power.

I don't think it's meant to, it just does but it doesn't harm anyone so nobody fixed it... My DFGT would recalibrate again when turning my PS3 off, I would pull the plug out to stop it (it was noisy).

Last edited:
Is it normal that all cars in GT Sport has a DoR of 900 when played with a G29? I heard that the game would automatically adjust the DoR of the steering wheel for each car. But it's not happening in my game.

Yesterday was very strange day for me with my G29. When I was connecting it to PS4 by mistake I hold the wheel during calibration for 2 seconds maybe and started playing. The wheel was acting perfect, much much more smoother than normal. Every curve with the car was going much, much smoother and more accurate. Firstly, I thought that GT Sport or Logitech launch update or something like that but next time when I started my console and the wheel calibrated itself again it was the same as before - much, much less accurate and not smooth. I do not know how it happens but due to my mistake during first calibration the wheel was working exactly how I want it, which means - strong resistance on the wheel with lack of vibrations during driving through the curbs. Unfortunately, there is no an possibility to set it in the same way.

Later on I set the following settings: 7 / 9 / 1, but it was not working in the same way. I can see that every maximum torque adjustment to the higher level gives also a little bit more FF sensivity but actually it should not. So if I put maximum FF torque to 9 and FF sensivity to 1, for real I will not have FF sensivity on 1 but it will be already something like 3-4 due to high FF torque.

Generally, for me G29 behaves a little bit like a sack of potatoes at the moment. Very often, I lose resistance on my steering wheel in the event of loss of grip.

Any tips guys how to manage this thing? I would like to have strong resistance on the wheel with less reponse from loosing the grip and driving through the curbs.

I encountered 2 problems with my G29
One is that it suddenly felt so much heavier and lost its FFB. I also had to turn the wheel so much more and threw me off my rythm. I didn't change any settings either (0, 10, 10), nor did I tinker anything around with the wheel. This happened mid-race as well and I spun out many times. I'm letting the G29 rest because I'm thinking it's an overheat problem. Also reconnected all the ports

The second problem persisted for so long that I didn't really bother with it anymore, but might as well tell it for anyone who might give me advice. The throttle pedal is quite shoddy. At full throttle it jitters between 75-80% and 100% every now and then, and at worst case scenarios 50%. Sometimes if I'm really unlucky it gets stuck at 50% for half a second or so before jittering again. It's much more prominent when I start playing compared to when I'm playing after over an hour. It sort of seems to fix itself. Although the occassional jitter still happens

Anyone might be able to give some help?

Back