GT Sport and the Logitech G29

• Thread starter Kris Stoney
  • 232 comments
Dang, they don't ship to Australia. What a bummer.

Can't get anywhere near as good a price here, and I've been looking for a while...

Different question about the G29: Does the red dial work properly when driving?
When I'm in the pits or driving in a straight line, the dial tends to work okay, but it is a real hassle to change settings when driving through long corners.
I need to use it regularly, most often to adjust brake bias, and I might try to use it to change the level of traction control for different points on a lap if it worked properly all the time.

Not just me then! It works perfectly in the menus, every click moves the cursor. But, in-race it takes a random number of clicks to change brake balance, etc.. I suspect FFB is somehow affecting its response. That's only a guess though.

I have mapped the in-race controls to have dial button cycle through TCS, BB, etc, and the up-down buttons opposite the dial to make changes. Works okay.

I really wish PD gave us the ability to calibrate our pedals inputs, that way I'm not pressing excessively hard on the brake pedal....

Yes please! I like to hold the pedal at where I think max braking is and drag a slider to match, like in AC on PC.

Talking of pedals, it's taken me this long to realise that the clutch pedal does nothing. I've been pressing it when changing with the h-pattern gear stick and assumed it was doing something. Tried pressing it at the same time as the accelerator... No effect! :D

Talking of pedals, it's taken me this long to realise that the clutch pedal does nothing. I've been pressing it when changing with the h-pattern gear stick and assumed it was doing something. Tried pressing it at the same time as the accelerator... No effect! :D

Cant quite remember where I read it, but hidden away somewhere in this games settings you can enable the clutch pedal input, although I believe it only works on cars with non-sequential gearboxes, and I think I also read that the game will disable the clutch automatically if the car you’re driving uses the flappy paddle gears on the steering wheel.

Cant quite remember where I read it, but hidden away somewhere in this games settings you can enable the clutch pedal input, although I believe it only works on cars with non-sequential gearboxes, and I think I also read that the game will disable the clutch automatically if the car you’re driving uses the flappy paddle gears on the steering wheel.

Ah, investigation required then, thanks! It is the freakiest thing when you change gear on the stick without using the clutch. Feels so wrong.

Ah, investigation required then, thanks! It is the freakiest thing when you change gear on the stick without using the clutch. Feels so wrong.
Not the same thing at all, but it reminded how many, many years ago, I had to drive home about 15 km with a broken clutch cable in a VW Sirocco. Iit was all about getting the revs just right for the gears to sync.

Not the same thing at all, but it reminded how many, many years ago, I had to drive home about 15 km with a broken clutch cable in a VW Sirocco. Iit was all about getting the revs just right for the gears to sync.

Great car! Well, not that one at that time. Sounds a 'fun' journey ;D

We were talking about this kind of thing at work the other day. A car's 'character' is often the things that went wrong with it. That's normally what you remember about old cars. My wife's old car used to sound the horn when she turned left for example :D Not far off the wiring of the G29 before you do the glue gun fix :D :D

Hi Guys!

This is my first message here.
For some time I have been following the forum and have always found valuable information from people willing to help. I thank everyone!

My problem, as with many here, was to regulate the rotation of the steering wheel. I discovered that using Logitech's LGS software you can not only regulate the rotation but also the G29's pedals !!!

Although the software allows several changes, the only one I did was to lower the rotation from 900 to 450 degrees. I did not touch the pedal settings.

So in that sense, I'd like to suggest to anyone who had the same problem as me with the G29 - regulating the steering wheel rotation - to try to make use of Logitech's LGS software.

The version I downloaded was LGS_8.96.81, which I think is the last one. Just google it !! I do not leave the link for fear of forwarding to a fake site ...

I hope it works for everyone as it worked for me!

PS: Forgive me for the poor English and the long message.
Are you saying you can reduce the rotation in that the actual physical lock starts earlier?

Hi guys, I'm waiting black friday to buy a T150 or a G29, I will see the offers and decide for one of those.
I have a question for G29 owner's: it's possible set the rotation degree? I know in T150 you can do that by pressing mode button and left/right arrows.
There is a way to do that also with the G29?

Tank yo very much

Hi guys, I'm waiting black friday to buy a T150 or a G29, I will see the offers and decide for one of those.
I have a question for G29 owner's: it's possible set the rotation degree? I know in T150 you can do that by pressing mode button and left/right arrows.
There is a way to do that also with the G29?

Tank yo very much

It can be set by plugging it into the PC, but I cant see it made any difference in game.

People should stop suggesting plugging it into a PC to change settings for using it on PS4. This just doesn't work. The settings are saved on the PC and not to the actual wheel. So it makes no difference whatsoever when you plug it back into the PS4 after changing settings. We're pretty much stuck with whatever settings we have in GT Sport, except for ofcourse the feedback strength and sensitivity that we can change in game.

We're pretty much stuck with whatever settings we have in GT Sport, except for ofcourse the feedback strength and sensitivity that we can change in game.
Before I buy it, I still need to know for sure:
When you say, "... stuck with whatever settings...", does that include GTS' changing the DoR as we switch cars, or is there only one fixed level of rotation?

I'm getting very close to buying the G29, but just can't bring myself to do it 'til at the very least I'm confident that I won't be stuck with 900º, 'cause man, I can't bear to think of it as I'm used to 180º on my Driving Force™ "original".

Thanks man.

Before I buy it, I still need to know for sure:
When you say, "... stuck with whatever settings...", does that include GTS' changing the DoR as we switch cars, or is there only one fixed level of rotation?

I'm getting very close to buying the G29, but just can't bring myself to do it 'til at the very least I'm confident that I won't be stuck with 900º, 'cause man, I can't bear to think of it as I'm used to 180º on my Driving Force™ "original".

Thanks man.
GTS changes softlock per car, so some cars have 900 as others might have 240 or so, depending car. Same as AC changes softlock per car.

900 way too much I think, I was hoping there was a dedicated buttton on the wheel to force the change of degree... tank you both!

Driving an hour tomorrow to check out a mildly used one. No shifter but I'm looking forward to finally replacing my T300

People should stop suggesting plugging it into a PC to change settings for using it on PS4. This just doesn't work. The settings are saved on the PC and not to the actual wheel. So it makes no difference whatsoever when you plug it back into the PS4 after changing settings. We're pretty much stuck with whatever settings we have in GT Sport, except for ofcourse the feedback strength and sensitivity that we can change in game.

Agreed, it makes zero difference to GTS, no matter what you do.

I've got a problem with my G29 wheel on GT Sport only, my accelerator doesn't rev up smoothly while racing, when standing still everything is smoothly. All other games it works perfectly .
On my normal controller its perfect .
Anyone else experience the same problem, my tc light also flashing when this is happening , set tc on or
off doesn't make a difference ,
Maybe a bug ?

Hopefully Amazon has a good black friday deal for it, if so then I will pick one up. If not I don't mind waiting a little longer, don't really have room for a good setup yet anyway.

I enabled steering resistance on the PC and it affected the wheel on PS4. The self centering force is a lot more real world like than out of the box.

Back