GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Today I got dropped from daily race in Suzuka. I entered again to the following race and my car's starting position was in the beginning of the second sector. :lol: I think I dropped out quite close to that place during previous race.
Unfortunately this is a well known bug that has been around a long time. Starting position for the last car is supposed to be on the bridge, but the game puts you under it....

Just got the game and a Logitech wheel and fired them up last night. First time playing GT since GT4 on the PS2. Anyway, I hop into driving school and I can’t get the car to move off the line at all. Throttle indicator shows it’s fully engaged, tach is at the limiter, I can flick through every gear, but the car does not move. The brake isn’t engaged and neither is the handbrake.

I tried the course training as an alternative and anything that had a rolling start worked just fine. Any guesses as to what I’m doing wrong? Or is this a legitimate bug?

Just got the game and a Logitech wheel and fired them up last night. First time playing GT since GT4 on the PS2. Anyway, I hop into driving school and I can’t get the car to move off the line at all. Throttle indicator shows it’s fully engaged, tach is at the limiter, I can flick through every gear, but the car does not move. The brake isn’t engaged and neither is the handbrake.

I tried the course training as an alternative and anything that had a rolling start worked just fine. Any guesses as to what I’m doing wrong? Or is this a legitimate bug?
Which Logitech wheel is it?

Over last couple of weeks I have lost my screen in a daily race for about 2 or 3 seconds, and then when things return I am off track/into a wall, or whatever happened in by absence. On a PS4, G29 and have great internet (I have an internet booster 10 feet away). Anyone else experiencing this? It is only something recent.

Good evening I wanted to report some problems. In Italy there is an internet provider called Fastweb, I had a lot of problems. i didn't see some players when they entered the lobby,start bug, with nat2! i tried them all, dmz, port forwarding nothing to do. I solved it by changing internet provider. It's absurd, because I had never had any problems in Gt5 and Gt6. i wanted to report this experience, i think gt sport netcode has some problems with some providers.

Problem now:
Sometimes crash game (Blue screen) when exit to the race in lobby mode.

Sorry for my english

Last edited:
Over last couple of weeks I have lost my screen in a daily race for about 2 or 3 seconds, and then when things return I am off track/into a wall, or whatever happened in by absence. On a PS4, G29 and have great internet (I have an internet booster 10 feet away). Anyone else experiencing this? It is only something recent.

I get the same black screen for 3-5 seconds about 10 minutes after I turn the game on for at least the last 2 years regardless of whether I am in a lobby, garage menu, or arcade mode. If I am racing when it happens I quickly press the pause button, my car gets driven by the game until I resume, at least I dont crash that way.

I get the same black screen for 3-5 seconds about 10 minutes after I turn the game on for at least the last 2 years regardless of whether I am in a lobby, garage menu, or arcade mode. If I am racing when it happens I quickly press the pause button, my car gets driven by the game until I resume, at least I dont crash that way.

Thanks!!!! I will try that if needed. I think I am going to get ethernet right from my modem box to PS4. It was only $15 for 50 feet of Cat6 on Amazon, so it might have better continuity than my wifi booster.. But, it could be so many things, including the PS4 and/or my TV..

Thanks!!!! I will try that if needed. I think I am going to get ethernet right from my modem box to PS4. It was only $15 for 50 feet of Cat6 on Amazon, so it might have better continuity than my wifi booster.. But, it could be so many things, including the PS4 and/or my TV..

I have my PS4 hardwired with cat 6 and I still get the black screen. If you switch to cat 6 make sure you go into settings and tell your PS4 that you want to use cat 6, even though you have it hard wired it will continue to use wifi if you do not change the settings.

Good evening I wanted to report some problems. In Italy there is an internet provider called Fastweb, I had a lot of problems. i didn't see some players when they entered the lobby,start bug, with nat2! i tried them all, dmz, port forwarding nothing to do. I solved it by changing internet provider. It's absurd, because I had never had any problems in Gt5 and Gt6. i wanted to report this experience, i think gt sport netcode has some problems with some providers.

Problem now:
Sometimes crash game (Blue screen) when exit to the race in lobby mode.

Sorry for my english

Hello, I had the same problems with my previous internet provider with ADSL 16Mo, 12 down max, and 0.8 to 1 up max.
I recently changed of provider, with optic fiber, but it seems we are actually slow down by Sony at 350 down and 60 up.
Whatever the provider, ADSL or optic fiber, I still have the same problems you described.
I report all the bugs on the latest tweet of Kaz Yamauchi Twittter account, with a youtube video.
I thought to ask you here, what can we do with ports... ?? but I tried everything, with my old provider box, and the new one for optic fiber.
Same result, but the difference with you, is I changed of internet provider and technology !
You can report it as I do, on Kaz Yamauchi Twitter, but you will never have an answer :

Here are all the bugs :
https://www.youtube.com/user/KOULLIT/videos?view=0

Somebody talked in a previous post, about the way we are connected when in lobbies. I heard about P2P... I don't know how it works, but if we have to blame the internet quality of the host or of an other player, why do we have to pay for PSN ? Is there somebody to explain exactly how it works, when we are in lobbies ?
Thanks,
Bye !

Last edited:
Hello fastone371 and newb1017
I had the same black screen few minutes after first daily start. I solved the problem by setting the output video to YUV instead of RGB. But I have a PS4 Pro.
I think you have the same option with other PS4, even if resolution will be different. Check if YUV is avalaible, and try it !
Bye !

Last edited:
Hello fastone371 and newb1017
I had the same black screen few minutes after first daily start. I solved the problem by setting the output video to YUV instead of RGB. But I have a PS4 Pro.
I think you have the same option with other PS4, even if resolution will be different. Check if YUV is avalaible, and try it !
Bye !

Thanks for the info, I also have a PS4 Pro. What does YUV and RGB stand for??

Hi, I’m not sure of the difference, but it seems YUV is dedicated and used when you are with HDR.
Has to be confirmed ! I had this problem years ago now, and I don’t remember the explaination I found in 2018/2019 about YUV Vs RGB
Bye !

Last edited:
I have my PS4 hardwired with cat 6 and I still get the black screen. If you switch to cat 6 make sure you go into settings and tell your PS4 that you want to use cat 6, even though you have it hard wired it will continue to use wifi if you do not change the settings.

When I hooked up the ethernet cable from my modem to the PS4I went into "set-up internet" and the first question asked was wi-fi or LAN. I picked LAN. That should address any source confusion, should it not. I would not where to go to let the PS4 know I am using Cat 6??

Hi, I’m not sure of the difference, but it seems YUV is dedicated and used when you are with HDR.
Has to be confirmed ! I had this problem years ago now, and I don’t remember the explaination I found in 2018/2019 about YUV Vs RGB
Bye !

On the 2 or 3 second blank screen problem it seemed to help (or it was just a coincidence..lol) when I changed my TV from "game mode" back to the TV's default setting..

What I find annoying the GTS error mid race, asking if you want to report it.... Sometimes you don't get dinged for dropping out (I guess the whole race crashed) and sometime you do get dinged for dropping out. Has only happened about 4 times but still annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I hooked up the ethernet cable from my modem to the PS4I went into "set-up internet" and the first question asked was wi-fi or LAN. I picked LAN. That should address any source confusion, should it not. I would not where to go to let the PS4 know I am using Cat 6??

I was originally running my PS4 Pro on wifi, when I attached the cat 6 cable, my PS apparently didn't recognize it (maybe because I had it set to wifi, I dont know) I just happened to be playing around and scrolling thru settings one day when it said I was playing thru wifi instead of my cat 6 cable, I checked to insure it was plugged in, it was, so I changed the input choice in settings.

I've been stuck on Mission Stage 8 Number 7 30 Lap Endurance for a while. This time I'd reached 5th place and doing well. I came in for my second and last pit stop. Coming out the pits, but before I reached the track, the congratulations screen came up and saying I'd won Bronze! The race still had another10 laps to go and I calculated I should a least get silver.

There was nothing I could do but exit. Hmmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been stuck on Mission Stage 8 Number 7 30 Lap Endurance for a while. This time I'd reached 5th place and doing well. I came in for my second and last pit stop. Coming out the pits, but before I reached the track, the congratulations screen came up and saying I'd won Bronze! The race still had another10 laps to go and I calculated I should a least get silver.

There was nothing I could do but exit. Hmmmm.
The winner must have passed the finish line.

1- The pre-race line up had everyone sorted out of order. Slower Q times in front of faster ones, but when the race started it was in the correct order.
2- Sometimes there's a driver in the line up with no user name and no DR/SR that doesn't appear in the actual race. Is that someone who bailed out before the race?

1- The pre-race line up had everyone sorted out of order. Slower Q times in front of faster ones, but when the race started it was in the correct order.
2- Sometimes there's a driver in the line up with no user name and no DR/SR that doesn't appear in the actual race. Is that someone who bailed out before the race?

1. I haven’t seen that one for a long time but as you say all is good once the race starts.
2. Likely quit or got disconnected.

I don't know is this a bug, but at least I don't understand this.. My DR have dropped today a lot (from 4000+ to 1700). I have played GT League races (Mercedes AMG Grand Prix Races). Why DR is affected by decreasing it by playing GT League??? I thought that Sport Mode and GT league has nothing to do with each other...

I don't know is this a bug, but at least I don't understand this.. My DR have dropped today a lot (from 4000+ to 1700). I have played GT League races (Mercedes AMG Grand Prix Races). Why DR is affected by decreasing it by playing GT League??? I thought that Sport Mode and GT league has nothing to do with each other...
It doesn't. Sometimes the update of DR/SR is delayed.

GT League categorically does NOT affect your Sport Mode ratings.
And I read somewhere that DR should increase (about 1200 pts) when leveling up.. I leveled up today from 36 to 37, and DR still went down all the time.
It goes up when your DR rank improves, not your XP level.

GT League categorically does NOT affect your Sport Mode ratings.

But it did. And I won every 3 GT League race I drove, and my DR went down after each race.

It goes up when your DR rank improves, not your XP level.

But it did. And I won every 3 GT League race I drove, and my DR went down after each race.
That may be what you observed as happening, but it absolutely does not happen.

That may be what you observed as happening, but it absolutely does not happen.

But it happened, I'm not lying. I noticed this same happening before, and today I actually tested and observed if it's true. And it is.

Can somebody test this too, please?

I'm not lying
I'm not suggesting that you are, only that you are mistaken.

Nothing but Sport Mode races, in Daily Races and FIA GT Online Championship races, affect either your DR or SR.

Some people swore blind in the game's early days that other things affected DR - some claimed that their DR fell if they didn't race for a couple of days - but they don’t.

Back