GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Update: I tested this further and I think we can agree that 10-20 minutes of the game saying "preparing to match. Please wait" is not normal. I left it running this evening and it simply never loaded any race.

Clearly, something is awry on PD's servers...

Its also developed a bug of not loading the main screen, following 1.11. I get a black screen with the top right menu bar present but greyed out.

What a fail of an update tbh...

Update: I tested this further and I think we can agree that 10-20 minutes of the game saying "preparing to match. Please wait" is not normal. I left it running this evening and it simply never loaded any race.

Clearly, something is awry on PD's servers...
Yeah 10-20 minutes seems excessive. Maybe it's your connection to the server?

I use a T300, atm with F1 Rim, stock pedals and with most current Firmware. The Patch didn´t change anything with regards to how it behaves. Maybe you need to update the Firmware?

Yeah 10-20 minutes seems excessive. Maybe it's your connection to the server?

Could be, as I'm in New Zealand. But I am running on a fibre optic connection running at 110mb/s download and 20mb/s up.

Given that the menus are freezing and i'm getting a lot of 'failed to create livery' messages, i'm thinking it's not my end. Unless its PS4 Pro specific haha

My music during time trial just stopped playing ? what happened ?
edit: it fixed itself when i choose race and then come back to time trial

Last edited:
Could be, as I'm in New Zealand. But I am running on a fibre optic connection running at 110mb/s download and 20mb/s up.

Given that the menus are freezing and i'm getting a lot of 'failed to create livery' messages, i'm thinking it's not my end. Unless its PS4 Pro specific haha

Update on the update: The game operated perfectly earlier today. It is currently just after 11:30pm here, and the FIA races usually start at midnight in NZ (another annoyance for another time). So, again the game is stuck at the preparing to match stage, and I'm literally sitting here while nothing happens, and no way to escape except to restart the game.

So potentially, no more evening or FIA races until PD fix the game. How can a game break at the same time every day then be fine at other times?What the actual F? Must surely be server / timezone issues at play here.

Not sure if posted already, but if I change the car in my garage, it wont load.
I have to go to the menu and back to the garage, otherwise it stays in the loading screen...

Could be asked/answered already, but is steering lock bugged on some cars? I mean Supra on stock tyres feels quite natural at Nordschleife, but cars like 86 GT and 512 BB doesn't require more than total max. 90° (edit: 45° actually) steering around Nordschleife. Old classic steering shouldn't feel like new GT3 car's 540°(?)

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone else posted this, but I think the mileage counter is bugged on the new cars. They keep resetting to 0, whereas the old cars still rack up mileage like normal. Tested it just with the Ford GT and the Atenza Gr.3 Road Car.

EDIT: my Atenza's mileage reverted to what it was before I drove it around just now. Seems like mileage doesn't save when you're just driving around in an open lobby. Was that like that before? I can't remember. :confused::dunce:

Last edited:
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, GET RID OF THE YELLOW FLAG PENALTY ALTOGETHER!!!!!!! Stop respawning cars on track, first off, and stop penalizing players for passing cars that have caused a yellow flag.

I got a 5 second penalty for passing a BACKMARKER that was the source of the yellow flag FFS! The video doesn't show the +5.000 penalty, but I assure you, I did get it.

Hear, hear! This one is a personal bane of mine. Hoping to see these meaningless penalties disappear soon.

I’m really surprised to see a lot of problems with the fundamentals though - race timing issues etc. I’m sure it’s all network related. If you can recall the early days of GT6 quick match and compare to where it was a year later, or to GTS now.. they can sort it.

yeh, couple of things i've noticed. firstly when i start the game the network status is green and claims everything is fine, but as soon as i go to do something, it's disconnected. so as not to cause me any more drama, i always go strait to mileage points exchange, let it disconnect there, then click on re-connect from the menu.

the second thing that's irksome is getting the orange sr logo come up coming out from the pits when the car is still in auto drive! (the ai has parked me on top of one or two other cars coming out of the pits).

third thing was the start of a daily face at monza, gr1. when the auto drive dropped, my porche took off like a bat outta hell, which was cool, if a little unfair to the rest of the field. sadly i couldn't capitalise because the grid was too tightly packed to get through without trading paint :(

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but sharing daily race C replays (usually around 18-19min each) fails every time. I always get the "There was an error communicating with the server" error. Very, very frustrating.

No real issues until latest update with the Monza track. It came on a Friday, bought the 8 cars that WEREN'T 20 million, did liveries on 5 of them on Friday. Saturday started racing to get bank back to 20 mill to buy one of the vintage race cars. Bought the Jaguar, went to paint a new livery and change wheels, when ready tried to save. Save fails. Liveries have been broken ever since, so for over a week.

Tried asking at Sony, Polyphony and a few message boards, no responses. Noticed the bug with the garage whenever on a custom livery it freezes up and have to hit circle to back out of garage. Also noticed my game day counter is off by a day or 2 depending on when I check it. Get one day back by shutting down and restarting game, but always stay one day behind. Polyphony needs to fix this.

Had issues back in ps3 and gt5 days with game getting out of sync with online save, locked me out of game for over year. Polyphony never acknowledged the problem. Went thru 5 ps3's and 5 different game discs, couldn't fix the issues, waited a year to play that game. Hope this issue doesn't follow suit. So far not seeing anyone else have this issue.

Painting cars is only joy left in game. beat all career modes, licenses, missions, circuits, all golds. Beat all tracks on pro in arcade, did the drift thing, etc. Online racing a joke, between wrong person getting penalties and idiots smashing into you when trying to pass I don't bother with it.

Polyphony really need to fix this. I am not changing accounts, or re-installing game, tried that with gt5 issues and it never fixed it. Too far into game to restart from scratch. Don't know if they messed it up with that extra step they put in the garages showing a still before rotating the car, or their ban wave trying to get rid of cheaters, but they messed up my game. Not the way to treat fans who have played every one of their games for years now.

GT 6 almost lost me, the way they screwed up the handling of rally cars and carts. Cars would bog down and not get moving when drifting turns if you used the slightest bit of traction control. But if you turned off traction control the cars would just spin out trying to drift turns. Really turned me off. Still an issue in gt sport the way traction control over dulls the cars.

Polyphony really need to fix this. I am not changing accounts, or re-installing game, tried that with gt5 issues and it never fixed it. Too far into game to restart from scratch.
Re-install doesn't delete your savegame ;)

I have re-installed, re-initialised the PS4 to scratch, and tried on different accounts : I keep having the same bug with my statistics. I believe it's console related.

I realize that but the issue is in the game save which is saved to their cloud. Doesn't matter if I re save it to ps4+ cloud, it will still have the issue in the save. Plus, the game reloads the save from polyphony's cloud every time you start the game, so problem still in their save. Hence why I said they have to fix this, not me.

When in singleplayer, if I pause and then press X on my controller to continue, it will also upshift (because X is my gear up button too). Rather frustrating if I have paused and then come back to low revs.

When in singleplayer, if I pause and then press X on my controller to continue, it will also upshift (because X is my gear up button too). Rather frustrating if I have paused and then come back to low revs.
I have experienced vehicle controls being active while navigating the pause menu also.

Not sure if posted already, but if I change the car in my garage, it wont load.
I have to go to the menu and back to the garage, otherwise it stays in the loading screen...

This also happens to me when ever I switch cars.

I also find when I switch to any menu otherwise, it takes longer to load.

Didn't realize there was an official bug thread. In this case, I'll submit the "browse liveries" issue. Whenever I browse liveries for some time, the PS4 Pro fan speeds up. I don't understand how browsing taxes the CPU/GPU? Others have confirmed the same thing on here. It could be because of the heavy animations going on in the background, which should be disabled?

Use the Options button to exit the start menu.

This also happens to me when ever I switch cars.

I also find when I switch to any menu otherwise, it takes longer to load.

This was a known issue since the last update (there is a message about it in the NEWS feed on your GT homepage) which should have been fixed in today's update

A friend downloaded a livery I created,
white Supra with the classic Castrol design and the car came out red. received_747605862099318.jpeg

Sadly, the maintenance period didn't fix anything for me even though their notes afterwards said they fixed the garage bug. Still my game gets stuck in a load loop when looking at custom liveries.

And for those that said reinstall? Thanks, my internet decided to be extra slow as soon as I started this process and it took half a day to reinstall the game and all the updates and add ons I had. And it only made things worse. Now when I go into the garage cars are there but images are missing. Even when some images (thumbnails) do reappear the livery might be missing. And still I can't make new liveries save, I just get save fails.

Back