GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
A friend downloaded a livery I created,
white Supra with the classic Castrol design and the car came out red.View attachment 712797

I wonder if they don't have the same colors in the same spot in the color lineup and the game just identifies the color by its spot in that line up. So say the color wanted was number 8 and he didn't have that color and a different color was in position 8 you got the other color. Just guessing but this game is getting buggier and buggier by the moments, so who knows?

Did you change the color of the car to white in the editor, or was the car already white? As the editor doesn't save the stock colors. If the car was already white and your friend bought the car in red it doesn't change his red base color.
I'll have to double check. I'll change the base colour or get him to change his colour and try again, thank you.

Last edited:
Hm, have the bug with no working instrument lightning, for Countach and some other cars, been fixed? And some cars, Countach, Viper and some more, don't have any working indicator lights .. as high beam light indicator etc

Sorry my English didn't find any good translate from Swedish...

Last edited:
I have an issue with the King of the ovals trophy! I have many more miles than the trophy requirements in every mode but still no trophy. Any advice or solution will be greatly appreciated!

Sadly, the maintenance period didn't fix anything for me even though their notes afterwards said they fixed the garage bug. Still my game gets stuck in a load loop when looking at custom liveries.

And for those that said reinstall? Thanks, my internet decided to be extra slow as soon as I started this process and it took half a day to reinstall the game and all the updates and add ons I had. And it only made things worse. Now when I go into the garage cars are there but images are missing. Even when some images (thumbnails) do reappear the livery might be missing. And still I can't make new liveries save, I just get save fails.
Leave the game on for a few Minutes on the top screen. The thumbnails will be recreated.

VBR
Please report all bugs & issues you find in the Demo & the full game here. Also, try to be as thorough as possible when reporting, & include as much information as you can. If we collate everything into one thread, then we can make PD's job easier to identify & fix any issues that have slipped through the net
I dont know if this been posted or not but when i played at my brothers house when i logged in gtsport gifted me all my cars from January 1st i got excited but realized it was the same cars from daily work out

Leave the game on for a few Minutes on the top screen. The thumbnails will be recreated.

I got thumbnails back, even corrected those not displaying their correct livery.

But the real reason for the reinstall was to try to get the game to save new liveries, and that is still broke. Any new cars I win or buy can't be changed in appearance as long as it won't save a new livery. I already have 6 cars I would like to do liveries for and can't.

I removed any duplicate cars in my garage, dumped any repeat liveries that were in both my library and collection so there isn't any redundancy. Still, game refuses to save a new livery when I make one. It's as if they locked me out of them.

If I supposedly made a livery that was considered offensive they should point it out, Not lock me out of the function and not even tell me. I have only used decals in their game and decals that were on the GT sport discovery page. If any of those decals are offensive, polyphony needs to delete them and tell us so we don't use them.

I have no idea why I can't save liveries all of a sudden other than it started right after our last update. To me that says there is a bug or glitch in that update. Or their anti cheat crap somehow disabled a function in my game even though I didn't cheat. I really don't know why it's broke, I just know they need to fix it so it works right.

I am done with the bad scoring and penalty system in online races, I earned all gold medals in campaign and arcade. All I have left is to earn money and mileage points to buy new cars when they become available and to be able to customize them. I need and want the livery tool to work.

I got thumbnails back, even corrected those not displaying their correct livery.

But the real reason for the reinstall was to try to get the game to save new liveries, and that is still broke. Any new cars I win or buy can't be changed in appearance as long as it won't save a new livery. I already have 6 cars I would like to do liveries for and can't.

I removed any duplicate cars in my garage, dumped any repeat liveries that were in both my library and collection so there isn't any redundancy. Still, game refuses to save a new livery when I make one. It's as if they locked me out of them.

If I supposedly made a livery that was considered offensive they should point it out, Not lock me out of the function and not even tell me. I have only used decals in their game and decals that were on the GT sport discovery page. If any of those decals are offensive, polyphony needs to delete them and tell us so we don't use them.

I have no idea why I can't save liveries all of a sudden other than it started right after our last update. To me that says there is a bug or glitch in that update. Or their anti cheat crap somehow disabled a function in my game even though I didn't cheat. I really don't know why it's broke, I just know they need to fix it so it works right.

I am done with the bad scoring and penalty system in online races, I earned all gold medals in campaign and arcade. All I have left is to earn money and mileage points to buy new cars when they become available and to be able to customize them. I need and want the livery tool to work.
I do not know what the issue may be, but two suggestions:

Try another account and see if you can save liveries in that account. If you can, you should contact sony so they can contact Polyphony and fix the game.

If you can't save liveries with another account, you probably have a full hard disk. Try deleting other games(not the save data), screenshots and videos. Also, try clearing the Gran turismo cache(there is an ik game option).

cache shouldn't be full, system only has 3 games on it and not even half full. Don't want to create different account, then it won't recognize my save for this account on new one. Not about to start game from scratch with 4 and a half months worth of accomplishments done either. As for contacting them, sony's page is for sony issues, not gt sport, polyphony's page is business page showing off their products, offices workers, and applying for work, etc. I am not finding the right place to let them know it's messing up.

cache shouldn't be full, system only has 3 games on it and not even half full. Don't want to create different account, then it won't recognize my save for this account on new one. Not about to start game from scratch with 4 and a half months worth of accomplishments done either. As for contacting them, sony's page is for sony issues, not gt sport, polyphony's page is business page showing off their products, offices workers, and applying for work, etc. I am not finding the right place to let them know it's messing up.
Each game has a different cache, so GT's cache might be full.

I didnt mean to start anew. I meant to try another account to check if the same problem happens.

And polyphony doesn't have a support page. You HAVE to go through Sony's support.

So where is this cache located on my ps4 so I could check it? I checked the system storage and how much my games are using and they take up 163 gigs, capture is just 58 megs and storage is supposedly 700 megs. Have 244 gigs free space out of 400 and sum. I keep coming up with cool liveries and can't keep them.

So where is this cache located on my ps4 so I could check it? I checked the system storage and how much my games are using and they take up 163 gigs, capture is just 58 megs and storage is supposedly 700 megs. Have 244 gigs free space out of 400 and sum. I keep coming up with cool liveries and can't keep them.
It is an in game option. Press the options button on the top screen and go to the options. The network cache clear is there.

Hi all! Well, aparently when i start the game i recieved a daily car login bonus from today but the game freezes and i have to restart Gt Sport and it keeps making the same error again and again. Any suggestions please?:confused::confused:

Is anyone finding their ghost to be slightly inaccurate at the start? It used to be that if I crossed the starting line slower than my previous lap ghost, I would be trailing behind it immediately. Now, no matter what I am ahead of my ghost after crossing the starting line, and if it was faster it gains on me. It's like there's a slight delay to the ghost loading that wasn't there before.

-There is a disturbing flicker in the rearview mirror in cockpit view of the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3.
-The colors of the rev lights of the M4 Gr.4 are barely visible.
-There are still unpredictable disconnect issues in sport mode, resulting in a game crash.

Sadly all that did was eliminate my avatar in my profile, still not able to save the liveries when I make one.
It never asks you to save? What do you mean you can't save them? Are you trying tto find them on the website, because you need to share them in order for them to show up on the website.

I don't know if someone has already posted about this, but the view of the side mirrors in certain cars becomes very blurry when I'm driving in a certain direction. I found that the worst offender is the Mazda LM55 VGT. I also found that zooming out your cockpit view in the advanced settings worsens the issue, while zooming in mitigates the issue.

It never asks you to save? What do you mean you can't save them? Are you trying tto find them on the website, because you need to share them in order for them to show up on the website.

The livery tool allows me to make them, but when I tell it to save it fails, can't apply them to the car or share them if I can't even save them. My old ones are still there, it's only when I try making new ones that it doesn't want to keep them for me to use. I dumped a lot of photos, both the scapes and race ones, the game lost all of my replays, shame, had all my wins in license, mission and circuit in there. Dumped a bunch of redundant liveries as well. Still, game doesn't allow me to save new liveries.

Did the delete game from system and reinstall, but save seems to have issue locked to it because problem is still there.

The livery tool allows me to make them, but when I tell it to save it fails, can't apply them to the car or share them if I can't even save them. My old ones are still there, it's only when I try making new ones that it doesn't want to keep them for me to use. I dumped a lot of photos, both the scapes and race ones, the game lost all of my replays, shame, had all my wins in license, mission and circuit in there. Dumped a bunch of redundant liveries as well. Still, game doesn't allow me to save new liveries.

Did the delete game from system and reinstall, but save seems to have issue locked to it because problem is still there.
dang, that really sucks.

Gr.4 M4 rear view mirrors flicker in cockpit view, minor annoyance but still mildly distracting

Fisherman's ranch also flickers about 2/3 of the way in as you go downhill (before the twisty bits that lead to the long 'mostly' straight section).

Jerome

If I go into the garage then back out without doing anything the game crashes giving error code CE-38700-8 :(
This is a general network error, and not GT specific.
The "solution" commonly refers to power cycling your router or modem.

Does it occur at any other time when playing GT?
Do all the thumbnails of the cars in your Garage load correctly?
Does the game crash if you change cars?

I suspect it may be an online save issue.

If I go into the garage then back out without doing anything the game crashes giving error code CE-38700-8 :(
I had the same issue a few minutes ago. It is related to cars with liveries. After selecting the car, wait for the scene to load and the car to be shown before going back one more screen, back to the top screen.

This is a general network error, and not GT specific.
The "solution" commonly refers to power cycling your router or modem.

Does it occur at any other time when playing GT?
Do all the thumbnails of the cars in your Garage load correctly?
Does the game crash if you change cars?

I suspect it may be an online save issue.
Thanks for the reply - I haven't restarted my router for a while so I'll give that a try :)

No
Yes
No

Thanks for the reply - I haven't restarted my router for a while so I'll give that a try :)

No
Yes
No
Hmmm.

Does the game crash to blue screen when you exit the Garage, or when you exit the Home menu (Garage, Car Settings, Change Car Livery, etc. menu)?
I ask because the game tries to communicate with the servers to save when exiting the Home screen, not the Garage (if you don't change cars).

After the new update, nürburgring gp doesn't load and the game crashes. I have played in that map before the new patch and it worked fine. I didn't have time to read all threads to see if anyone else had the same problem. The crash report says "Game data is broken" (translating from turkish might be a bit off) and there is only one button and that button realeses the disk and closes the game. Because of this I can't finish track experiance. Please help. Thanks...

Back