GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Hmmm.

Does the game crash to blue screen when you exit the Garage, or when you exit the Home menu (Garage, Car Settings, Change Car Livery, etc. menu)?
I ask because the game tries to communicate with the servers to save when exiting the Home screen, not the Garage (if you don't change cars).
Sorry for the delay in replying.
It crashes to blue screen when I exit the garage. The screen that shows thumbnails of the cars you have in the garage.
It doesn't do it every time!
I'm trying to pay attention to the exact circumstance of the crash when it happens.

Sorry for the delay in replying.
It crashes to blue screen when I exit the garage. The screen that shows thumbnails of the cars you have in the garage.
It doesn't do it every time!
I'm trying to pay attention to the exact circumstance of the crash when it happens.
It's an awkward one as it seems rather inconsistent.
The game appears to be happy to communicate with the server for online saving most of the time, but not always.
And for that matter, even that whole idea is an assumption.

You could take a look at the console error history to see if that helps.
On the XMB: Settings > System > Error History.

Sometimes earlier errors manifest themselves differently when new errors are compounded on top.
Some error reports will even show suggested solutions, and a step by step process.

I would keep in mind the power cycle trick for the future.
PS4 off - network equipment off - rest - network equipment on - PS4 on.

Also clear the in-game temporary data in GT Sport.
Options > Network > Delete Temporary Data.

And "Rebuild Database" (Option 5) in Safemode is always a good option to run.
It's good to do it from time to time anyway to help with organising the PS4's HDD.
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

Beyond that mate I'm out of ideas.
Best of luck with it and I hope it settles down for you. 👍

It's an awkward one as it seems rather inconsistent.
The game appears to be happy to communicate with the server for online saving most of the time, but not always.
And for that matter, even that whole idea is an assumption.

You could take a look at the console error history to see if that helps.
On the XMB: Settings > System > Error History.

Sometimes earlier errors manifest themselves differently when new errors are compounded on top.
Some error reports will even show suggested solutions, and a step by step process.

I would keep in mind the power cycle trick for the future.
PS4 off - network equipment off - rest - network equipment on - PS4 on.

Also clear the in-game temporary data in GT Sport.
Options > Network > Delete Temporary Data.

And "Rebuild Database" (Option 5) in Safemode is always a good option to run.
It's good to do it from time to time anyway to help with organising the PS4's HDD.
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

Beyond that mate I'm out of ideas.
Best of luck with it and I hope it settles down for you. 👍
Thanks again for the reply.

Had a look in the error history: 6 occasions of CE-38700-8 starting 10/02/2018. No solution offered.

I think I will make the power cycle a regular thing...

I'll clear the temporary data later today.

Rebuild database sounds a bit scary. I've bookmarked the link and will have a look at it later.

Cheers :)

Is there have any DR glitch in GTSport?
As my picture below you can see there have a Malaysian at top 10 board of dragon trail on last daily race B , I played with him couple of times , his race pace not really good , even he started on 2nd place , he always finished below 5th , and that top 10 screen shot I took it around 6:00am today , and his DR score I checked was around 49xxx (Ranking AA), after 3 hours I came back and play daily races , I found his rank become SS and reach 70000 DR , is it possible ? There is not much SS players on Asia server especially on daily race for him to win , can anyone explain what’s going on? Thx

C7D43252-395E-46E8-9391-D1ED428BA753.jpeg

Is there have any DR glitch in GTSport?
As my picture below you can see there have a Malaysian at top 10 board of dragon trail on last daily race B , I played with him couple of times , his race pace not really good , even he started on 2nd place , he always finished below 5th , and that top 10 screen shot I took it around 6:00am today , and his DR score I checked was around 49xxx (Ranking AA), after 3 hours I came back and play daily races , I found his rank become SS and reach 70000 DR , is it possible ? There is not much SS players on Asia server especially on daily race for him to win , can anyone explain what’s going on? Thx

Yes there is. If SR dips below 60 while having DR > 50000, it might set DR to 70000. It doesn't always happen when SR dips below 60.

I think the correct version of the code should be: if SR dips below 60 while having DR > 70000, set DR to 70000.

Similar problem occurs at other levels as well (35 -> 50000, 15 -> 20000), although dipping below 5 SR works correctly and only resets DR to 7000 if DR is >7000.

Yes there is. If SR dips below 60 while having DR > 50000, it might set DR to 70000. It doesn't always happen when SR dips below 60.

I think the correct version of the code should be: if SR dips below 60 while having DR > 70000, set DR to 70000.

Similar problem occurs at other levels as well (35 -> 50000, 15 -> 20000), although dipping below 5 SR works correctly and only resets DR to 7000 if DR is >7000.
So, this is a glitch then

I'm trying to upload a replay for friends to watch and I keep getting the message: "There was a problem communicating with the server".
Is there a problem for others? - Or maybe just my internet.
I can play the daily races and join lobbies ok and I can watch the replay myself..

In the first race of the amateur League Mazda Roadster +1 in Kyoto Driving Park that last turn before the finish line has a pretty severe frame rate drop on the initial right hand turn prior to the final straight away.
I have a launch day PS4 and I have not tried this with other cars or other times of day.

My replays disappeared after a re-install, so no idea if they are screwing up. My photos, both scapes and race, are now in collection instead of my library, go figure.

I have been having to deal with 2 ridiculous bugs that have ruined the game for me:
1. Every time after i post a time for a daily race, the game gets stuck on the pre-race menu and the screen goes black.
2. Every time the Online Save bar stays going over 10-15 seconds, the game dosent want to load up any menu options.

I have been having to deal with 2 ridiculous bugs that have ruined the game for me:
1. Every time after i post a time for a daily race, the game gets stuck on the pre-race menu and the screen goes black.
2. Every time the Online Save bar stays going over 10-15 seconds, the game dosent want to load up any menu options.
It sounds to me your connection to the GT servers are pretty bad, and you are having trouble.

It sounds to me your connection to the GT servers are pretty bad, and you are having trouble.

Nope. My conncection to the servers are good but this keeps happening EVERY TIME

Here is proof of what my current situation is. This is absolutely ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. My conncection to the servers are good but this keeps happening EVERY TIME

Here is proof of what my current situation is. This is absolutely ridiculous

And it is exactly what I thought. Your connection to the GT servers seems to be awful. The PSN servers are NOT the same as the GT ones.

Edit: Online saves are probably on GT servers, which is why you have this issue.

And it is exactly what I thought. Your connection to the GT servers seems to be awful. The PSN servers are NOT the same as the GT ones.

Edit: Online saves are probably on GT servers, which is why you have this issue.

The problem is that im using my phones hotspot since my cable company hasnt even fixed our internet service at all.

Hi all,

I am sure someone already reported this sometime back but still, can someone please tell me how mileage is saved during online races?

If I am hosting it seems it doesn’t save mileage on my cars except maybe for the last race I do before leaving the room.

If I do free practice and don’t start a race or change track all the mileage is also lost.
So there definitely is an issue with mileage, does anyone know how to force save the progress in lobbies?

Thanks

hello .. my favourite decal folders have disappeared with the recent update. my general downloaded decal library is still there, it's specifically the favourites folders that are missing. is there a simple fix for this? it would take probably an hour or more to redownload and remake them so i hope there is one. thanks either way

Sorry, I didn't see this thread 1st time around. I'll report the issue here.
I've noticed, as well as others, that there is an audio pop / crackle on occasion. This is present on the 1.13 patch as well.
Most noticeable when hitting cones and coming out of tunnels etc.
Is there a way of reporting this, as well as other issues, officially?

Last edited:
With the 1.13 update, "Adjust Cockpit View" no longer works for the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car--the cockpit view remains fixed at a single rather low position, regardless of what you have "Height" and "Front and Back" set to.

I drive this car daily, and its cockpit view adjustment was working prior to the 1.13 update.

Started 11th in the Maggiore daily race, before the “green” the computer decided to hold back 10-13. What i mean by that is all 4 of us pretty much came to a complete stop right before the green and the field took off.

Most likely, bug in tessellation on the FT-1 2014 during the gameplay, when you press the pause, everything is fine
TL9CRY9.gif

wgu1ODR.gif

aSnlpU1.gif

on the first background of the garage this bug can also be seen ( it looks like this on all ft-1 models, but on the 2014 model, the tessellation looks particularly bad )
fZaooCo.png

and yet ft-1 does not stop completely

When changing options in open lobby in the pause menu, if you have your tcs set to 0, it gets reset to 3 and you have to reset it to 0. This could just be the AI taking over and then you regain control after unpausing

Ok, so livery creator has, since December, worked like this. make a color, be it in game or take a real world color then convert it. add decal, then you have at least a base copy of your color so that if you switch off and come back the next day you can simply go to the decal, edit color, go to the color wheel which will be displaying the current color of decal, hit x and your custom color will be added to your pallet allowing you to easily change other things to the same color and continue with your livery.

Now since the update however, whenever you go to the color wheel it starts off at white, 0 , 0 , 100. and nowhere does it display the HSV of the decals current color so you either have to try and make the color again or if its ripped from a photo try and find the exact color again then reconvert. and additionally write it down. basically its far from game breaking but it is a bit pump and i cannot think this has been an intentional back step if a feature to tell you what color you have been using if you need to continue the livery has not been additionally added.

Last edited:
Idk if this is a bug or not, but you can't gain any percentage bonus apart from clean race in the vgt events in gt league. I did it with the daihatsu vgt, and i didnt get a car handicap bonus even though it is the lowest hp ratred car in the vgt cars category.

Idk if this is a bug or not, but you can't gain any percentage bonus apart from clean race in the vgt events in gt league. I did it with the daihatsu vgt, and i didnt get a car handicap bonus even though it is the lowest hp ratred car in the vgt cars category.

Is that a GR.X event? The bonus is not based on HP, only on class. GR.X is considered the highest class unfortunately. Even using a low powered GR.X car in any other event that allows it will get you a reduction instead of a bonus.

Is that a GR.X event? The bonus is not based on HP, only on class. GR.X is considered the highest class unfortunately. Even using a low powered GR.X car in any other event that allows it will get you a reduction instead of a bonus.
Oh okay I thought it was because for example as in the premium sports lounge when you use an n500 (Porsche 911 ftw) vs an n1000, typically laferrari, you get a 109% car handicap bonus which makes it seem like it's power. It would be really great if it was based off of power though...

Oh okay I thought it was because for example as in the premium sports lounge when you use an n500 (Porsche 911 ftw) vs an n1000, typically laferrari, you get a 109% car handicap bonus which makes it seem like it's power. It would be really great if it was based off of power though...

In the Premium Lounge Blue Moon event you can beat N1000 cars with a tuned KTM XBOW (N300). Nice 150% bonus and if you do get a clean race it's another 50% on top!

Idk if anyone has mentioned this one; After changing cars in garage, when you return to the Home screen where the car is displayed it'll show the previously driven car but display the name of the car you are actually in. This won't change until you navigate elsewhere in the menus.

Also, not a bug per se, but general feedback about a really annoying and poor game design decision; The camera positions for the "bonnet/roof" camera are stupidly inconsistent. Why some have a bonnet camera and others have a roof camera is beyond comprehension. Just add both PD, it's not that hard! ... Also, what's the point of a toggle for "close/far" chase camera when the close camera is merely "slightly less far away". This kind of thing was excusable when you had 1000 cars in game, but for these silly amateurish "mistakes" to carry over in a supposedly "from scratch" game is just embarrassing!... Related issue; why was the camera orbit control removed, where we could look around the car and left/right in any view?

Noticing weird rubber banding in some of the newer career events. Was racing in the MR event, I had a Lamborghini Veneno, setting consistent times and in first place by lap 5/8, yet a De Tomaso Pantera caught up to me from near last, overtook me then fell back about 3 places by the end of the race. Similar issues in other events where one random car, will come out of nowhere on the last lap or two and then fall back randomly before the end of the race.

Last edited:
I posted an exclusively topic for this one. Here is the bug that I found:

Hi everyone, sorry to disturb all you guys with this thread but let me say... So do you have a Nissan GT-R R32 and you want to work hard into your paint skill by the livery editor, and you can put that window "Gran Turismo" decal (or windshield banner) in black or white. I see no problem when I'm racing, but when you want to take some pictures...

This is the screenshot of the replay, before to take a pic:
28167823_1448666821908683_1590041561794582166_n.jpg

And when I enter to take it...
28059406_1448667265241972_8402976328277785853_n.jpg

So did u see something wrong? Year the windshield banner disappeared, and if you took picture he won't reappear. It's a bug, for me, a big one!

This is the video of this moment:

I don't know if the R32 it's the only car with that bug, but one race before I used my Ferrari Enzo with windshield banner and I didn't saw any problems on photo replay. I really hope that Polyphony Digital should fix after the next update release

UPDATE: In my case, running an online one-make R32 race with friends today, just my car haven't windshield banner when I took the picture! Cmon Kaz, fix it!

Back