GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Just tried using false starts in an open lobby with karts. Everyone got a jump start penalty at the start of the race even though we all had the brake pressed. Also it turns off fuel use and tyre ware.

Ok I just loaded the game, my garage is down to 8 cars (pre-order DLC)? I tried loading my PS+ Online Save but nothing changes, it's from 7/30, which is when the July content update was released. However, I see a mini-update was released during August. (1.24)

PS Support: So I wasted my time with Playstation support, reinstalling the game, rebuilding the database, and same thing. Garage is gone. I asked about replenishing amount so I can re-purchase cars, nope, that's not something they can do. I asked to escalate further, nope, he was already the escalation (manager at this point). I work in I.T., there is always an escalation point, but I guess not for Playstation support. I said if they could send my case internally to some representative at Polyphony Digital, nope.

I checked the information tab on my last save and it clearly shows "Current Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96". When I load the game, nothing, only the 8 pre-order cars are in there.

Offline: If I play the game offline, all my cars are there (141), as soon as I click Reconnect, it connects to GT servers and it overwrites what I have and all my cars are gone. So the issue is on the GT server side, which they need to fix and also brings to question what is the point of our saves then?

So I don't know what's going on. The 1.24 update messed something up. I sent a tweet to Kaz, official Gran Turismo, PS support and Shawn Layden but I doubt anything will be done.

I find it frustrating they are allowed to send patches/updates out and no recourse whatsoever when game progress is erased on their behalf. Playstation support final statement, "just wait for the next update, I am sure they are aware of your issue". 👎

Last edited:
I keep having an issue in the livery editor where my X O triangle and square buttons suddenly stop working out of nowhere. When I use the buttons in the PS home menu, they work fine.

A few friends have told me they are having the same issues.

Ok I just loaded the game, my garage is down to 8 cars?!?!?! WTH did this new update do?

I find it frustrating they are allowed to send patches/updates out and no recourse whatsoever when game progress is erased on their behalf. Playstation support final statement, "just wait for the next update, I am sure they are aware of your issue". 👎

This is exactly why the updates scare me. I'm always wondering what will be wrong this time. This goes all the way back to when the Tomahawk was in an update in GT6. Same old business as usual over at PD.

I keep having an issue in the livery editor where my X O triangle and square buttons suddenly stop working out of nowhere. When I use the buttons in the PS home menu, they work fine.

A few friends have told me they are having the same issues.

Add me to the list. I thought my controller was broken. It seemed to fix itself awhile back, but I'd bet money on the problem returning at some point.

In a few of the hybrid cars, downshifting and immediately letting off the throttle will sometimes "stick" the throttle at 100% and cause the car to go faster than it should in a specific gear. This doesn't increase the maximum possible top speed, however.

So far, I managed to stick the throttle in all 3 Gr. X Tomahawks and the Peugeot L500 R Hybrid, using a controller or a wheel.
I had something alike on the 458 gt3 ferrari, I was going for a slipstream, while testing gear setups, my car went 200mph on 4th gear, turn 3 blue moon bay, right into the wall.

I have a weird issue or bug on PS4 Pro. At Bathurst at night the grass is neon green and also blue. This is the only track it happens at, so if it is my Pro it's weird that it's only at this track. I've tried reinstalling the game, rebuilding the PS4 database and even wiping all data from my console. Still this issue purists.
TeILBLa.jpg

Bloody good fun this is, I found these settings makes hitting the magic 1000-1100 mark much easier, supension tricks working the magic.

I'm surprised that the in-game speedometer even has a comma for handling numbers in the thousands, or that it counts above 999.

Is there some sort of secret car in the works which is intended to regularly reach speeds above 1,000 km/h?

Guys, I was away for a day, i come back, turn on my PS4 and I see that my DR went from an "A" to a "B" and my SR went from an "A" to a "C" seemingly over night! I thought it was a mistake but i went on KudosPrime and saw that my DR went from about 32,000 to 15,000! What the hell!? Have any of you guys experienced this before? I posted a screen shot of my stats so that you guys have a visual.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 11.09.37 PM.png

In summary I was an "A", "A" driver, went to bed, didn't play the next day and when I logged on I was "B", "C" driver.

My progress is not saving .
Last night I was playing race B I played for 5 hours and I gained over 8 wins , I quit the game and turn off my ps4 , when I start the game it give me the daily reward agin , the total winnings return to 14, my level return to 30 , I played a single race and I win then I restart the game and agin it give me the daily reward and the winnings is 14.
Whst is the problem? How to fix? Thanxs

Attachments

• IMG_20180814_062709.jpg
    IMG_20180814_062709.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 1534218380230-1321103599.jpg
    1534218380230-1321103599.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 20
Does someone else have access to your account/playstation?
Nope, just me, thats why I found it odd.

That's a standard DR reset from: So i shouldnt worry about the reset? Is there something i can do in the future to prevent this?

And rather suggests someone has been playing Sport Mode on your account: Damn, i really hope not cause no one else has my account info.
Lets say some one did play on my account in another PS4, wouldnt it have me sign back into my account in my own PS4 once i turn on the console?

Have you done a manual save?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bug on "Career mode" where when I pause during a race, and later press Continue it will automatically shift up a gear.

When I do my "Daily Workout" in a lobby, I don't get the cutscene of the car I won until I enter the lobby menu (or almost any option for that matter) and exit again in order to get to that cutscene.

I have a weird issue or bug on PS4 Pro. At Bathurst at night the grass is neon green and also blue. This is the only track it happens at, so if it is my Pro it's weird that it's only at this track. I've tried reinstalling the game, rebuilding the PS4 database and even wiping all data from my console. Still this issue purists.
TeILBLa.jpg
I changed to an SSD and still have the issue. Can someone here with a PS4 PRO please check Bathurst set to the night setting to see if it's a game issue or my console, it would be greatly appreciated.

9BB2E612-0747-46C5-8BBC-8CCFDE5C79EE.jpeg
About three of the cars in my garage have this bug. The thumbnails won’t appear, the cars won’t load or even get a prompt to change car or mess with the settings and sell.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Occurred about 2/3 updates ago. Thought the last one would fix it but it did not.

View attachment 759180About three of the cars in my garage have this bug. The thumbnails won’t appear, the cars won’t load or even get a prompt to change car or mess with the settings and sell.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Occurred about 2/3 updates ago. Thought the last one would fix it but it did not.

Go to the garage, just wait until the cars automatically appear one by one.

View attachment 759180About three of the cars in my garage have this bug. The thumbnails won’t appear, the cars won’t load or even get a prompt to change car or mess with the settings and sell.

Other way to fix is to select the car from the garage, change to the car, let it load up in the garage and it should update the thumbnail of
the car the next time you go into the thumbnnails.

Other way to fix is to select the car from the garage, change to the car, let it load up in the garage and it should update the thumbnail of
the car the next time you go into the thumbnnails.
Thank you very much for the suggestion but I’ve tried that and it hasn’t worled.

At one point most of my garage had missing thumbnails a couple of months ago. The cars that currently don’t now have been stuck like since. I can’t even click on them or race with them.

Thank you very much for the suggestion but I’ve tried that and it hasn’t worled.

At one point most of my garage had missing thumbnails a couple of months ago. The cars that currently don’t now have been stuck like since. I can’t even click on them or race with them.

Might want to post a pic of the car thumbnails in question, if it's the Chevrolet Corvette C3, Nissan GT-R Grp3 and Toyota FT-1 VGT (Grp3) there is still a known bug with duplicates of those free additions with the launch editions of the game where you can't use them or see the thumbnails.

Bloody good fun this is, I found these settings makes hitting the magic 1000-1100 mark much easier, supension tricks working the magic.

I too have a tutorial on my channel, and was actually shouted out by Hammer Studios for messaging him the video I posted here on IG. Check his video out as well

I quit the game and turn off my ps4 , when I start the game it give me the daily reward agin

Yes this is happening to me too, across two accounts.

I changed to an SSD and still have the issue. Can someone here with a PS4 PRO please check Bathurst set to the night setting to see if it's a game issue or my console, it would be greatly appreciated.

I just checked and my PRO has the same problem with grass.

I'm not quite sure if that's meant to be, but if you race the Gr. X Hyundai N2025 Vision GT, it will never run out of fuel.

The Chaparral 2X however, runs out of fuel, even if the fuel is full.
The Chappie also won't refuel.

The arcade mode time trial rankings seem to have a bug. I ran a N300 car and set a time, it appeared correctly in the N300 tab. After that I upgraded the car to N400 specs, set a new time and went to the rankings to see how it stacked up. No time to be seen in the N400 tab. I checked the car, yes it's N400, went back to the rankings, still no time. Well no wonder it wasn't there because it was still in the N300 tab but now showing the lap time driven with the N400 spec car.

Ok I just loaded the game, my garage is down to 8 cars (pre-order DLC)? I tried loading my PS+ Online Save but nothing changes, it's from 7/30, which is when the July content update was released. However, I see a mini-update was released during August. (1.24)

PS Support: So I wasted my time with Playstation support, reinstalling the game, rebuilding the database, and same thing. Garage is gone. I asked about replenishing amount so I can re-purchase cars, nope, that's not something they can do. I asked to escalate further, nope, he was already the escalation (manager at this point). I work in I.T., there is always an escalation point, but I guess not for Playstation support. I said if they could send my case internally to some representative at Polyphony Digital, nope.

I checked the information tab on my last save and it clearly shows "Current Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96". When I load the game, nothing, only the 8 pre-order cars are in there.

Offline: If I play the game offline, all my cars are there (141), as soon as I click Reconnect, it connects to GT servers and it overwrites what I have and all my cars are gone. So the issue is on the GT server side, which they need to fix and also brings to question what is the point of our saves then?

So I don't know what's going on. The 1.24 update messed something up. I sent a tweet to Kaz, official Gran Turismo, PS support and Shawn Layden but I doubt anything will be done.

I am seeing the same, down to 11 cars. NOT happy.

Back