GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
1.29 has introduced a massive bug to online lobbies and it affected last night's FIA Nations Cup event.

One car for the entire race from the grid to the finish was jumping sideways across the track with it's wheels spinning like crazy and as the race started (rolling start) the cars behind this bugged player all stopped behind it until the race started and the auto drive switched off. Every lap you needed to avoid this player's car jumping around on the main straight.

This update still hasnt fixed online lobbies problems with cars getting stuck on the start line and connected cars not all being visable to all players. Surely that is a major issue for more than just us Aussies???

It happens everywhere and in almost every race... dude....

Anyone else being throwed back in the queue when cutting some corners on some tracks? For example on Red Bull Ring, long curcuit, when you turn right in the 2nd steep corner you will be thrown back in the queue sometimes and sometimes not. Also experienced that in one turn at Suzuka. Very annoying bug.

The above has happened to me pretty much every race including the FIA race yesterday since the update.
I'm not the fastest one lap type, I'm B/S yet mostly get put in races with A/S A+/S & S/S, so I have been hugely affected by these issues (it always seems to be 7th place or down that glitches on the start). In the last couple of days, my DR has plummeted (from just under 24k to 17.5k) because by time you get going the lead pack is 15 seconds in front and near impossible to catch and the DR system thinks your slow/not fast enough, my SR has gone down because my car has stopped @ autostart, yet cars behind me haven't, 3,2,1 go, then you get cars approaching from behind 50+MPH faster and I get hit and penalised as if I brake tested them and to top all of this off, all of my replays and photos have been deleted, a years worth nearly, and whilst pics and replays isn't what this game is about, I have spent a lot of time on them and don't want to delete them.
PD has released a known issue bulletin today but say they won't fix it till the next update which is probably going to be end of the month.
All I can say is decide carefully if you want to play this game with this bug until PD decide to fix and update, as at this rate, a lot of time and effort spent building up your DR/SR can be lost in a short space of time.
Not good to be fair, not good at all.

Hey,

since the issues in GT Sport lobby races are well known, i would like to hear some suggestions to our issues we have in our GT Sport Slovenia group, some issues are already known, and on some others i can't find any solutions or even mentions over the internet. We have a league and mostly do lobby races, and unfortunately the issues had led us to a point that no race finishes without someone being deprived of his (better) finish position. First some facts that may or may not influence our races:

1. We drive Sundays and Wednesdays, start Qualification period at 7pm, start the race at 8pm, and we drive for about an hour till 9pm

2. All players are connected to the internet and ps config says NAT2 Type for all players, max number of players on a server is 11.

3. The host internet connection is 10/4mbps

Issues:

1. Sometimes some of the players cannot see other players already during qualification period, wich later results in a no-start freeze for the player that cannot be seen by other players.

2. THE BIGGEST ISSUE wich we cannot comprehend and has started to show recently is player going to the pits to refuell, only to be sent back on the road with the gas tank not full, it simply stops refuelling. This varies from player to player from only 25% of gas to 80% of gas. Nobody touched the STOP REFUELLING button, we have tried everything from not changing the fuel consumption during the race to moving the cursor away from the STOP REFUELL button. This issue also varies and affects from 2-8 players per race, there are two players that are affected literally every race.

The latest occurance was yesterday, a player had to pit 3 times in the first 10 laps to finally get a full tank, pictures from all his pit stops bellow, and if i can accept that he may hit the stop refuell button one time, i don't belive he'd make the same mistake twice, even if we had talked about the stop refuelling button right before the race and we agreed that we will move the cursor away from it when the process of refuelling would occure, because this was happenning in the past races:

large
large
large
large

At this point i have no further ideas of what to do to fix this, so i decided to post this here. Because this takes the fun out of racing for some people that drive with us, and because our competition can't be fair at this point i need a fix on this =) Please some suggestions i can't find anything on the internet about the issue. THX

Not many use it and it doesn't give the right speed feeling. For me they could delete it.

I don't like driving in chase cam but I would never ask them to delete it, no matter how unrealistic I think it is. Some people use it and that's fine with me. I use cockpit because the camera position gives me a better idea of car behavior than in the other cams. Plus it's a lot more fun.

Please don't request that features be deleted just because you don't use them. It's rude and condescending.

Who are really using cockpit view? :confused: Not understandable.
This week I was standing in a shop and next to me there where two guys speaking about GT Sport , so as I was a bit curious about there opinion I placed myself a bit closer to them , I heard one asking to the other one what he thought about GT Sport.... ooooo he said great game ( in my opinion to ) they even promote the game as a REAL RACE SIMULATOR ..... wait I repeat myself A REAL RACE SIMUUUULAAAAATOOOOR .... waw said the guy super need the buy it then ......... it became a little silent and I was thinking man ask the question ask ask him ask pretty please but It was in my mind that I asked the guy to ask the ULTIMATE Question so he could'n hear me .
But suddenly to my surprise and happiness the guy ask the question ......... ( le moment de la surprise ) and in which view do you drive the cars ..... the guy said very laconic BUMPER CAM VIEW .

The morale of this little story ....... never never when you play a real race simulator race game you drive in cockpit view but in BUMPER cam view .

By the way I drive in COCKPIT VIEW ,:D

I was in the Ferrari showroom to check out the 288 GTO. I was reading the info about the car then went back to the showroom and noticed that cars on display were out of focus (blurry). I freaked out because I had not used my PS4 for a while and I really thought my eyesight went bad. Went back to menu and came back to the showroom. Problem was fixed.

I' having serious trouble since this new update. When I start a daily race (weekly now) some cars are jumping from side to side on track and not letting me past until the race starts please help

Happening to me too. You forgot to mention that as this is happening, cars behind all this mess are still on auto-drive while they happlily watch the cars ahead start without them. I'm suprised there isn't like a dozen threads on this by now. This is a serious glitch that needs fixing asap.

EDIT: this is now a "known issue" as per GT Sport "Maintenance and Issues" button

Last edited:
Hey,

since the issues in GT Sport lobby races are well known, i would like to hear some suggestions to our issues we have in our GT Sport Slovenia group, some issues are already known, and on some others i can't find any solutions or even mentions over the internet. We have a league and mostly do lobby races, and unfortunately the issues had led us to a point that no race finishes without someone being deprived of his (better) finish position. First some facts that may or may not influence our races:

1. We drive Sundays and Wednesdays, start Qualification period at 7pm, start the race at 8pm, and we drive for about an hour till 9pm

2. All players are connected to the internet and ps config says NAT2 Type for all players, max number of players on a server is 11.

3. The host internet connection is 10/4mbps

Issues:

1. Sometimes some of the players cannot see other players already during qualification period, wich later results in a no-start freeze for the player that cannot be seen by other players.

2. THE BIGGEST ISSUE wich we cannot comprehend and has started to show recently is player going to the pits to refuell, only to be sent back on the road with the gas tank not full, it simply stops refuelling. This varies from player to player from only 25% of gas to 80% of gas. Nobody touched the STOP REFUELLING button, we have tried everything from not changing the fuel consumption during the race to moving the cursor away from the STOP REFUELL button. This issue also varies and affects from 2-8 players per race, there are two players that are affected literally every race.

The latest occurance was yesterday, a player had to pit 3 times in the first 10 laps to finally get a full tank, pictures from all his pit stops bellow, and if i can accept that he may hit the stop refuell button one time, i don't belive he'd make the same mistake twice, even if we had talked about the stop refuelling button right before the race and we agreed that we will move the cursor away from it when the process of refuelling would occure, because this was happenning in the past races:

large
large
large
large

At this point i have no further ideas of what to do to fix this, so i decided to post this here. Because this takes the fun out of racing for some people that drive with us, and because our competition can't be fair at this point i need a fix on this =) Please some suggestions i can't find anything on the internet about the issue. THX

Hey,

because of issue #1: you should check bevor the qualification that everybody can see the same number of entered players. In the "lobby screen" you can see at the right bottom the number of players in this lobby and the number of entered players. Bevor the qualification everybody should enter (!) and than the host can post the number of entered players (not the number of player in lobby) in the chat. If somebody has lower number, this person have to rejoin the lobby.

I know this issue, if somebody sees a less number of entered players, it's the only solution to rejoin. Otherwise drivers can't see each other on track ;)

Your #2 issue is known very well in our lobby races. But we don't know a sollution. It's really frustrating. Another issue is a "grip-losing-bug" while the race. Some drivers lose a lot of grip from one to the other moment or right at the start of the race. But tire wear is not the reason.

Maybe every of your drivers could check static IP for PS4 and Port Forwarting in router, or if possible, set PS4 in DMZ in router. These points brings most trouble to a lobby and other drivers in lobby if somebody didn't do this.

Hope you understand what I mean :)

The above has happened to me pretty much every race including the FIA race yesterday since the update.
I'm not the fastest one lap type, I'm B/S yet mostly get put in races with A/S A+/S & S/S, so I have been hugely affected by these issues (it always seems to be 7th place or down that glitches on the start). In the last couple of days, my DR has plummeted (from just under 24k to 17.5k) because by time you get going the lead pack is 15 seconds in front and near impossible to catch and the DR system thinks your slow/not fast enough, my SR has gone down because my car has stopped @ autostart, yet cars behind me haven't, 3,2,1 go, then you get cars approaching from behind 50+MPH faster and I get hit and penalised as if I brake tested them and to top all of this off, all of my replays and photos have been deleted, a years worth nearly, and whilst pics and replays isn't what this game is about, I have spent a lot of time on them and don't want to delete them.
PD has released a known issue bulletin today but say they won't fix it till the next update which is probably going to be end of the month.
All I can say is decide carefully if you want to play this game with this bug until PD decide to fix and update, as at this rate, a lot of time and effort spent building up your DR/SR can be lost in a short space of time.
Not good to be fair, not good at all.
Where to you find how high your DR is all I can see is a bar half full but no numbers

Where to you find how high your DR is all I can see is a bar half full but no numbers
You can monitor it on your profile on the official website, without having to rely on external sites. It's little arcane, but the steps are:

* Go to your profile (https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/ - you will have to log in if you are not logged in already - and then click My Profile)
* Use your web browser's "Inspect" (Chrome) or "Inspect Element" (Firefox) function - right-click, Inspect/Inspect Element (or similar equivalent on other browsers)
* In the new area of screen that pops up click "Network"
* Type "Profile" into the Filter/Filter URLs box. If nothing shows up, hit F5 to refresh the page; you will see elements loading up in the Inspect area live
* There won't be many Profile pages, but you'll need to click on one that is an XHR type file and around 1-1.3kb in size
* Click "Response" in the next panel
* Your driver and manner points (DR and SR) are listed near the end

It updates every time your game performs an online save.

Bug report time! Im sorry if i some of them have been reported already but i doubt it.

I think i got the closest to a engine swap /sound mod we can get on GT without PC :lol: (Sorry for the crazy camera changes but i was confused.)

This is techniclly a glitch but it needs to be fixed.

Thats just strange.

I just registered here to report that since update 1.29 "Chase View Camera Sensitivity" option does not work. I play the game in chase view with chase view camera sensitivity set to 1.0 to have free flowing chase view cam and it does not work anymore.

Back