GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
I found this interesting little bug. I don't know if it's only visual (during replay) or if this is representing something happening to the car technically. I don't recall felling anything strange at the time.

Watch the right rear wheel.

VBR
Please report all bugs & issues you find in the Demo & the full game here. Also, try to be as thorough as possible when reporting, & include as much information as you can. If we collate everything into one thread, then we can make PD's job easier to identify & fix any issues that have slipped through the net

There is an issue with Lewis Hamilton time trial on nurburgring..the car goes to neutral..this is the fourth time trial that this has happened on the game..I use a G29 wheel and pedals..this issue does not happen using a controller..this only happens in manual not automatic using the g29..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a couple messages here about problems with language. I have ps4 in English, my location for sport mode is Colombia... But all announcements show up in Portuguese. Not English, not Spanish but Portuguese. Do you know anything about?

Very rare bug, sometimes in private lobby, the "start race" button turns into "start qualifiyng" button. But normal function, race start, its just wrong labeled.

Hi. I’ve noticed recently that my headlights have stopped working in sport mode races. They work fine in campaign and arcade modes and I can flash the lights on the grid in sport mode but they don’t work in the race. Other cars are still able to flash their lights. I have checked button assignments, changed USB ports and rebooted the PS4.
Anyone have the same issue or know how to fix this please?
Many thanks

This has been happening a lot in our Car Of The Week meets lately. For some reason at random intervals various players will get separated from the main lobby and seamlessly left in their own lobby. It's as if the room splits into two (or possibly more) for no apparent reason.

This time it happened to me. And the others didn't get kicked, they just saw me disappear from the race and continued racing themselves. It's strange, and as I said it's been happening for weeks now. @Baron Blitz Red hopefully recorded the same footage from his POV so hopefully he'll be able to put it here to show the other side of the coin.

This has been happening a lot in our Car Of The Week meets lately. For some reason at random intervals various players will get separated from the main lobby and seamlessly left in their own lobby. It's as if the room splits into two (or possibly more) for no apparent reason.

Glad you posted this Nate.

This first happened to me a couple months ago. If I don't exit the race quick enough I will be left alone like in the video, and eventually be disconnected. Then I get a black screen and the game freezes, which requires me to re-boot the PS4.

I’ve come across a slight regression in version 1.53: when playing Arcade->Time Trial with shortcut/wall collision penalties on, the game no longer invalidates the current lap time when crossing the finishing line with an unserved penalty, it only invalidates the following lap time.

This time it happened to me. And the others didn't get kicked, they just saw me disappear from the race and continued racing themselves. It's strange, and as I said it's been happening for weeks now. @Baron Blitz Red hopefully recorded the same footage from his POV so hopefully he'll be able to put it here to show the other side of the coin.

Sorry for the late reply, but here it is for all its worth... the replay doesn't show too much to be honest. After seeing get "stuck" at the starting grid, the replay REFUSES to switch back to your car, no matter how many times I tried.

Cheers

My Super Formula car disappeared on the new update, like I have to pay a million dollars to buy it again...and I'm not happy about it at all. I guess you'd call that a bug.

In private lobbies, penalties are forced.

We started with only cut penalties but there was also collision penalties although we didn't put them. We took 4s when we were hit by someone else ?! We decided to remove the cut penalties, but we kept getting penalties while cutting and be hit.

I've started getting very hard frame rate drops (<10fps), most noticeably around Brands Indy and Tsukuba.

4K TV, set to 1080p, PS4 Pro, HDR on, High-Frame-Rate mode in GTS.

Sometimes GTS and COD MW also feel a little slow, like the DS4 movements just aren't as urgent as usual.

Maybe my PS4 is on it's way out, not sure.

"It's as if the room splits into two (or possibly more) for no apparent reason."

Hello everybody,

From the beginning, me and my friends think we can't see all lobbies.
It happens everyday : a friend is in a lobby, but I can't see him, even after ps4/game restart.
Yesterday, he created a lobby on Laguna Seca, but I wasn't able to find his lobby, via a search by "friends lobby/lobby with friends", and in a global search with Laguna Seca...
He gave me his lobby ID, and I was able to join the same lobby, with the same title, but instead of 15/16 racers, there were only 4 racers, and me.
We were in Party, so we were able to call about this. In my side, we were 5 racers, with racers he can not see in his lobby... And in his side, they were 15 with different drivers names. There were 2 lobbies with the same ID and title.
After, this, I leaved and restarted gain. I finally found his lobby with his name as host, but after joining, I was in an other lobby with the same previous 5 racers I joined the first time.
Maybe the lobby ID is generated for the day, with some conditions ( lobby settings ), and it's possible to generate the exact same lobby/lobby ID as an other guy ?
It will be crazy.
Whatever, we will make tests tonight, to check if we can see the same number of lobbies, per classes...
It seems we are not able to find all the lobbies in the world when we do a research. Is it a NAT problem ? It is like we are connected on different servers that are not communicating with each other ?

Thanks,
Bye !

My PS4 Pro is getting the black screen still in online lobbies when I enter the track. I figured it would have been fixed by now....

Jerome

For some reason all the decals I’ve downloaded over the past 2 years are gone... Also in the livery editor it takes ages to load a existing or start a new livery...

although the decals I have in folders in my favorites, are still present, but there are none in the overall listing of decals...

For some reason all the decals I’ve downloaded over the past 2 years are gone... Also in the livery editor it takes ages to load a existing or start a new livery...
Ohhh... I have the same problem, just a few minutes ago. I thought it could be data corruption in my hard drive. And the problem extends to any collection. I tried to change a car livery, and when I go to the collection tab it is empty (it only shows the default livery). I really hope it be a server-side problem. I don't want to reinstall the game (what would I lose if I reinstall the game? my created liveries?)

Apparently my collection of downloaded liveries doesn't load anymore. Even though I have downloaded some right now, it just doesn't show any.
EDIT: this applies to decals too, but not to photos and replays. Very weird.

although the decals I have in folders in my favorites, are still present, but there are none in the overall listing of decals...
Ohhh... I have the same problem, just a few minutes ago. I thought it could be data corruption in my hard drive. And the problem extends to any collection. I tried to change a car livery, and when I go to the collection tab it is empty (it only shows the default livery). I really hope it be a server-side problem. I don't want to reinstall the game (what would I lose if I reinstall the game? my created liveries?)
Oh, so I'm not the only one... Hopefully I do not have corrupted data and this is just the servers being weird.

Last edited:
all gone here too, even music is showing the circle with line through it but music is listed, something their side

Last edited:
Apparently my collection of downloaded liveries doesn't load anymore. Even though I have downloaded some right now, it just doesn't show any.
EDIT: this applies to decals too, but not to photos and replays. Very weird.

Oh, so I'm not the only one... Hopefully I do not have corrupted data and this is just the servers being weird.

Same here, decals/liveries all gone since mid-morning. Very frustrating!

From me to all Of you, merry Christmas! :)

I had problems this weekend, all the saved data from two weeks back was completely gone. Although I had played on Thursday after the update of GT..

Excuse me my English.

Same here, decals/liveries all gone since mid-morning. Very frustrating!

I am having the same problem. On my private account yet they loaded on my streaming account which has many more liveries and decals.

Maybe it is server side. Hoping it is server side and not my ps4

I am having the same problem. On my private account yet they loaded on my streaming account which has many more liveries and decals.

Maybe it is server side. Hoping it is server side and not my ps4

I just created a new livery and it's saved and appearing on the car, but none appear in my Library. Really weird.....

Think this issue might be server related, same thing shoes up on the GT Community page on the website under the "My Library" tab. All photos, nothing else.

Also noticed that you are still able to download stuff, but it does not show in the Library either, so is probably a server memory issue?

Update: did a test: Uploaded pictures are showing in the library, so that part seems to be working, just not for things related to livery editor. also notice there was a network error warning when the My Library tab loaded on the website.

Last edited:
Back